UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Expendables Minimates

Who's gonna be the first verser to cobble together a Stone Cold Steve Austin custom in his wrestling attire?

scminimate.jpg

Used the vest from the Zombie Biker, need to add a little black paint for the wrists and knee brace/pads and maybe match up the skin tones a little better (more obvious in the picture than in person). And yes, mine has a little bit of flare at the bottom of his head too.

Edited by JeffBohn

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's gonna be the first verser to cobble together a Stone Cold Steve Austin custom in his wrestling attire?

scminimate.jpg

Used the vest from the Zombie Biker, need to add a little black paint for the wrists and knee brace/pads and maybe match up the skin tones a little better (more obvious in the picture than in person). And yes, mine has a little bit of flare at the bottom of his head too.

He desperately needs wrist cuffs and actual boots. He looks far too nude atm.

Knee pads would also help the look, though I don't know if such a thing yet exists in minimates off the top of my head.

I'd also suggest the Mayor from Ghostbuster's vest for anyone else attempting this. I don't own the Austin mate or the Mayor, or else I'd try it myself... but that just looks much more vesty, as opposed to sleeveless-jackety.

Edited by Gillbob316

He desperately needs wrist cuffs and actual boots. He looks far too nude atm.

Knee pads would also help the look, though I don't know if such a thing yet exists in minimates off the top of my head.

I'd also suggest the Mayor from Ghostbuster's vest for anyone else attempting this. I don't own the Austin mate or the Mayor, or else I'd try it myself... but that just looks much more vesty, as opposed to sleeveless-jackety.

Yes, totally agreed he looked too nude. Added electrical tape for the wrist cuffs and the thigh pads from the Max police over the knees. Knee pads aren't his actual knee braces, but they'll do for now. Don't have the Mayor, but like the zombie biker coat because it's got the skull and crossbones on the back, and that fits. I'll keep an eye out for the mayor vest though. Sorry, I'm a lazy customizer!

scminimate2.jpg

Edited by JeffBohn

Found a full peg of these at my TRU in Madiaon. They also had one case of Marvel 13.

I picked up two of these. One for what they are and one for parts. Soooo many parts.

Here's a pic of what's underneath Paine bulky chest:

DSCN1105.jpg

I stole the pic from some guy's auction on eBay. :whistling: And I've noticed that almost all of the characters with vests or bulky chests have head warping on the ones I've gotten. I'm guessing the heads were pushed down before fulling hardening.

Thanks for sharing that pic GH. IMO Steve Austin looks better without it. I get the point that DST was trying to add some bulk, but I think the mate looks perfctly acceptable without the chest cap.

1340685261[/url]' post='234081']

Here's a pic of what's underneath Paine bulky chest:

DSCN1105.jpg

I stole the pic from some guy's auction on eBay. :whistling: And I've noticed that almost all of the characters with vests or bulky chests have head warping on the ones I've gotten. I'm guessing the heads were pushed down before fulling hardening.

I wonder how civilian Thor would look with that chest piece. Do the blues match?

Yeah, but I wonder if Thor's hair would be compatible with the chest block.

Thor's hair is not compatible with the Stone Cold bulky chest. Also, how do you post pics on here? I made the Ultimate Stone Cold Steve Austin Minimate. I'm pretty proud of this one (and I had the idea before I saw all the other pics, haha).

Edited by MisterMiracle

Made this for my Steve Austin custom from last year (which you can see here) for anyone that would like to use it:

post-1943-0-00624400-1341198168_thumb.jp

Thanks Hellpop :biggrin:

Gotta say im loving the Expendables minimates the first two sets rock and can't wait for the next two

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up one of these from TRU for all of the accessories. TONS of weapons to help arm my Domino, and Deadpool could always use a few more guns.

Are the Toys “R” Us-exclusive set — featuring Barney Ross, Trent Mauser, James Munroe and Paine sold out? I'm not able to find it on the toys r us website, or in my local store. Any information would be very helpful, thanks in advanced...

Are the Toys "R" Us-exclusive set — featuring Barney Ross, Trent Mauser, James Munroe and Paine sold out? I'm not able to find it on the toys r us website, or in my local store. Any information would be very helpful, thanks in advanced...

here you go :biggrin:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12898336

Are the Toys "R" Us-exclusive set — featuring Barney Ross, Trent Mauser, James Munroe and Paine sold out? I'm not able to find it on the toys r us website, or in my local store. Any information would be very helpful, thanks in advanced...

here you go :biggrin:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12898336

Thank you eclipse, I wasn't sure if that was the 1st box set or the exclusive, Apresh!

I'm excited for this set even though I've already made customs for each guy. Interesting in this set, the Black Jacket on Arnold looks the same as The Man In Black's from Western Trilogy, if it is that's an expensive hard to find piece of clothing... so buy 2