UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 13...IS OUT NOW!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a sortable MU checklist, with a separate visual guide by year. Actually very well done. Rivals the Database in terms of sortability. But I don't have time to count.

http://www.itsalltru.../?page_id=10987

chlngacptd.png

Roughly 26 names on the MU list that are not currently (or currently announced) minimates. I will let you crunch the hard numbers Miry ;)

I will say I just went with names, not costume variants. I consider Winter Soldier and commander Rogers unique in my count and included the MU 12 incehers as valid since we have mates of:

Galactus

Goliath

Frost Giant

Sentinel

I love minimates. I am a completist with them. MU is a way to get characters that are (were) not out as MM. I only get one version (or I try) of each character I AM INTERESTED IN in MU form.

Minimates are definitely the best and I would probably stop other scales if we got more unique characters sooner. But I do not intend to stop:)

Okay, I counted Characters-by-Secret ID's, Ronin and Hawkeye were both Clint Barton, Bucky, Bucky Cap, and Winter Soldier all count as the same character. This is the same way I counted characters for Minimates, so the counts are equivalent.

So by that count MU has 127 unique Earth-616 characters, and 8 alternate reality characters. The 616 count could technically be lower, since Wasp and H.E.R.B.I.E. have only appeared in that line as unmoving accessories.

That's 91 more minimate characters just from the 616. 39 more alternate reality characters.

So by raw count, it's not even close.

But, I think the recent for the perceived inequity in their favor is that some of the characters who are unique to the MU line also just happen to have been on long time minimate collectors' lists of character's we'd like minimates for- Kang, Falcon, Winter Soldier, the Wrecking Crew, the Enchantress, Nighthawk, more Inhumans. So it's just pure jealousy on our part for a hand full of characters that they have that we really want. Overall, Minimates are still kicking their butts. Badly.

Edited by Mirymate

Okay, I counted Characters-by-Secret ID's, Ronin and Hawkeye were both Clint Barton, Bucky, Bucky Cap, and Winter Soldier all count as the same character. This is the same way I counted characters for Minimates, so the counts are equivalent.

So by that count MU has 127 unique Earth-616 characters, and 8 alternate reality characters. The 616 count could technically be lower, since Wasp and H.E.R.B.I.E. have only appeared in that line as unmoving accessories.

That's 91 more minimate characters just from the 616. 39 more alternate reality characters.

So by raw count, it's not even close.

But, I think the recent for the perceived inequity in their favor is that some of the characters who are unique to the MU line also just happen to have been on long time minimate collectors' lists of character's we'd like minimates for- Kang, Falcon, Winter Soldier, the Wrecking Crew, the Enchantress, Nighthawk, more Inhumans. So it's just pure jealousy on our part for a hand full of characters that they have that we really want. Overall, Minimates are still kicking their butts. Badly.

Thanks for doing the count. I think it would also be interesting to see the ratio of new characters to rehashes. I'd imagine over time the ratio is going to get smaller. Might make more sense to break it down by year to see if MU is following a similar trend as Minimates. Anyway, I'm just wondering out loud here, I'm not actually going to take the time to do this, haha.

• 4 weeks later...

So much want in this wave, hopefully it'll be abundant. A new improved Kingpin, a classic Punisher, and more members to 90s X-Force (Just need a 90s Warpath really to be complete) and the the last of the New Mutants! So...much...want.

I thought x-factor angel tru warpath was the 90s version?

Nope. That was supposed to be modern Warpath right before he became part of the modern X-Force with his black/gray duds.

90's Warpath had a lot more fringe, and occasionally some oversized shoulder pads.

... and more members to 90s X-Force (Just need a 90s Warpath really to be complete)

And Siryn. . . . don't forget Theresa.

Ah. Yeah, I guess I was going by more my fuzzy knowledge of the team from stuff like this...

o_xforce1.jpg

Or this one... (yeah, I know the image is mirror reversed, but couldn't find a better one)

x-men.jpg

Edited by MST3KFan

Well here's the post Liefield costume:

685352-warpath_s_threads.jpg

And with the shoulder pads...

460578-warpath_00.jpg

Ah. Yeah, I guess I was going by more my fuzzy knowledge of the team from stuff like this...

Or this one... (yeah, I know the image is mirror reversed, but couldn't find a better one)

ah yeah - fair call. You're right, She wasn't in the Debut line-up. But i would still dearly love a 90's Warpath/Siryn 2-pack.

... and more members to 90s X-Force (Just need a 90s Warpath really to be complete)

And Siryn. . . . don't forget Theresa.

And Sunspot too.

I'm really looking forward to this wave. It's hard to say which set I'm most looking forward to.