UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 13...IS OUT NOW!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe this is just an "after the fact" post where he had just broke down and ordered off ebay and then they showed up on TRU.com?

Anyway if it's only $7 more on ebay I don't know how those sellers are breaking even after fees/cost.

My TRU.com order of wave 13 showed up yesterday. In a proper, undamaged box. With padded packing materials inside. And no damage to the minimate boxes inside.

IMG_0347.jpg

I only ordered 4 2-packs. Is this a new thing? Have they finally starred taking shipping seriously? I've placed a lot bigger orders before and only ever got anything in a big bubble envelope and smashed up beyond belief. I'm not complaining. This is much better, it just threw me a little.

That said, all the mates I have from this set are fantastic. Magma is great and a welcome new addition to TTFC, Mirage is really cool, with her spear and her two belts and her new hairpiece. Punisher is awesome. I really like him a lot, and it's good he came out since this is now the first Punisher minimate I've ever had. Kingpin is just brilliant. He's huge, his pants are cool, his cane is awesome, his suit coat seems sculpted in a way that doesn't entirely impair his arm movement or make them fall off like so many Hulks. Even Spider Sense Spidey is great too look at, with the arm webbing and the neat spider sense effect piece. A lot to like here, but my absolute favorite is Daredevil. I skipped getting him when he came out with wave 43 because I didn't know the storyline that wave was based on and I didn't know who Sin Eater was, and I knew he was eventually coming in this TRU wave with Kingpin, which I had to have, since I wasn't collecting mates when the original Kingpin came out so I didn't have one and I didn't want two Daredevils. All that said, man was I stupid for not getting that pack a lot sooner. This is THE Daredevil. Far as I'm concerned, there never needs to be another red suit Daredevil made ever again. Obiously, adopters of wave 43 know this already, but he's just so great, he deserves more praise.

Edited by The Geohound

Hahahaha PL! I've recived two 2-packs poorly shipped from there (ASM exclusives) and remember thinking that a lot of ebay sellers ship there packages with a lot better care then this billion dollar company

Ugh. My Kingpin has two right upper leg pieces. I swear I just have not had look with these bulked up minimates having the right parts as of late.

1341784720[/url]' post='235724']

Ugh. My Kingpin has two right upper leg pieces. I swear I just have not had look with these bulked up minimates having the right parts as of late.

So did mine. I wonder if it's all of them.

I was a fool and ordered my Spidey and Daredevil sets before they had Boomer and Rictor listed. I got my sets yesterday (extra space in the box but no damage) and they are amazing but now I'm going to have to order Boomer and pay shipping again ... Bummer.

Anyway I was like Geohound and waited for this Daredevil instead of getting the comic shop version. He is absolutely perfect. Definite 10 / 10.

Kingpin is great too. I love the old one, but it's nice to have one that's even bulkier.

Spidey sense is a nice addition. I actually like having a hole in Spidey's head. This is also my first Spidey with the old fashion eyes.

And another first for me is Punisher. This guy is awesome. Not my favorite comic character but he makes a fantastic mate.

Great job with this wave DST!

it was before Rictor and Boomer showed up on tru.com and i was getting anxious. i added Dani/Magma and King Pin/Dare Devil to my shopping cart just to see what the total for 2 would be. it came up to $20.change... if it woulda been the same price for shipping 2 packages as it was for 1 (it wasn't), i probably woulda held off. but i got the new mutants and x-force sets for 27 total on ebay. i was worried maybe Dani/Magma would sell out before Rictor/Boomer were available, or that maybe they'd NEVER show up on the website. and i don't live near a tru anymore, nor do i drive, so this just seemed the easiest route for me...

Regarding TRU shipping: most, not all, of my orders have shipped well. Only once did I get something in a bubble mailer; beat to s#!t. All the other orders were boxed, some had more packing than others though....

For Kingpin, mine had his upper leg coverings on backwards, but he did have two different pieces. I thought it was obvious because of the little chip out of the lower portion I figured was to allow the knee to bend.

Can anybody post a picture or two of what Kingpin looks like with two of the same leg covers? This really weirding me out now because I can not tell at all.

I don't have a picture, but basically you can tell because the upper leg parts are designed to have a bit of an arch cut in the back to allow slightly better knee bending movement. My Kingpin has one facing towards the front.

The Minimate Database's MvC3 Hulk has the exact same issue if you look at it here...

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=1288&n=Hulk

As does the Mega-Rage Hulk...

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=1183&n=Hulk

It's happened to me now on both of those Hulks and now Kingpin... Ugh.

Any way those of us with this problem can get a replacement part, Mr. Oat, sir?

Edited by MST3KFan

Huh, I didn't notice the little arch thing, but that makes sense. Thanks MST3KFan. I know now that my Kingpin has right and left leg covers. I could usually tell with the Hulks since they had tampos on to show the pants so I never noticed the back part. Sucks that your guys have screwy legs though. But thanks for your help.