UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 13...IS OUT NOW!

Jatta Pake

I've only found the Spider-Man/Punisher & Daredevil/Kingpin packs so far and both had interesting issues. The Spider-Man doesn't have any webbing printed on his right arm. Left arm is just fine. The stranger thing was the Kingpin pack hadn't been opened, but didn't have the cover plastic piece that protects the mates. While the pack was thankfully complete, the mates and Daredevil's hairpiece could have fallen right out without even tape holding them in. I've never seen that before in all my minimate buying years.

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only found the Spider-Man/Punisher & Daredevil/Kingpin packs so far and both had interesting issues. The Spider-Man doesn't have any webbing printed on his right arm. Left arm is just fine. The stranger thing was the Kingpin pack hadn't been opened, but didn't have the cover plastic piece that protects the mates. While the pack was thankfully complete, the mates and Daredevil's hairpiece could have fallen right out without even tape holding them in. I've never seen that before in all my minimate buying years.

I actually saw that with either this wave or the Avengers TRU wave. The plastic cover was missing on a Hawkeye/Widow pack I think.

I've thought for a while that these two-packs were a tad over-packaged. If memory serves there's a plastic window glued to the box. That's an unnecessary cost if the tray inside also has a clear lid. That lid already serves as a protective window.

But thanks, thelink. I'll have to doublecheck my Spidey.

Edited by MisterPL

I've seen the no plastic covering thing before. I want to say at least twice. On much older waves than this or Avengers. I think one was X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Frankly it's not all that noticeable until you notice it. I can totally see how one could occasionally make it out of the factory that way.

Edited by Gillbob316

SPIDEY! LOOK OUT!

7372569760_1caa902437_z.jpg

-Big thanks to Hav for being able to grab me the Punisher/Spider-Man pack, and the Kingpin/Daredevil set!

Edited by AdamBomb

That's the first pic I've seen of the Spidey-Sense accessory in which I like it. But I still think he looks like the Statue of Liberty.

Thanks! It's a hard accessory to get a photo of just right I think... I took one with Spidey lower, Punisher up higher pointing the rifle to Spider-Man's back. I'm going to re-shoot it, but from a higher angle, looking down at Spider-Man it looks a little funky.

Still a damn cool accessory to set this guy apart from the others (and the webbing under the arms helps too).

I tried a few different attempts at fixing up Punisher. I thought Bullseyes' arms and legs would look good on him but they really don't. I ended up going with the white gloves and white boots (don't remember which figures they came from, I just happened to have extras). It looks waaaaay better with the white gloves and white boots.

I guess I am alone in liking the grey on black.

I think the grey on black looks ok. I just prefer the white because that's what I think of when I think of the Punisher. I grew up with the 90's Punisher figures from the Marvel Superheroes line and the animated Spider-Man line so I'm a little biased.

Yeah, I'm the same way. The grey looks fine on the 'mate, but I think of white boots and gloves when I think of Punisher. I think it's kind of odd that we have never gotten a regular release of basic costume Punisher. It would have been icing if there were extra arms and legs to create the cover look as well as in the in-book look.

Anyway, it'd be great if these would either show up locally or online. I'm ready to have these in hand!

I switched my Punisher out with the SDCC version a couple of days ago--old body/crotch/arms/legs, new figure's head/hair/crotch slip-over/holsters/weapons. Looks great. I'll try to take a pic later. Head fits really tightly, though.

Edited by karamazov80