UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Comic Book Superhero Movie Rankings

Lurch77

Here's the Rotten Tomatoes Ranking of Superhero Movies for only Marvel & DC (and Hellboy, because I like them :tongue: ), where would you rank them? What's your favorite?

Good

• The Dark Knight 94%
  • Iron Man 94%
  • Superman (1978) 94%
  • Spider-Man 2 93%
  • Spider-Man 89%
  • Superman II 88%
  • X-Men 2 88%
  • Hellboy II: The Golden Army 87%
  • X-Men 87%
  • X-Men: First Class 87%
  • Batman Begins 84%
  • Batman (1966) 83%
  • Hellboy 81%
  • Batman Returns 79%
  • Captain America: The First Avenger 78%
  • Thor 77%
  • Kick-Ass 76%
  • Superman Returns 76%
  • Iron Man 2 74%
  • Batman (1989) 71%
  • The Incredible Hulk 66%
  • Watchmen 64%
  • Spider-Man 3 63%
  • Hulk 62%
  • Blade II 59%
  • X-Men: The Last Stand 57%
  • Blade 55%
  • Daredevil 45%
  • Batman Forever 44%
  • Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer 37%
  • X-Men Origins: Wolverine 37%
  • The Punisher (2004) 29%
  • Fantastic Four (2005) 27%
  • Ghost Rider 27%
  • Punisher: War Zone 27%
  • Blade - Trinity 26%
  • Green Lantern 26%
  • The Punisher (1989) 24%
  • Superman III 24%
  • Captain America (1992) 20%
  • The Fantastic Four (1994) 20%
  • The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen 17%
  • The Spirit 15%
  • Batman & Robin 13%
  • Jonah Hex 13%
  • Steel 12%
  • Catwoman 10%
  • Elektra 10%
  • Superman IV 10%
  • Supergirl (1984) 8%

Bad

*I went by this list for DC/Marvel movies

Wow, Catwoman didn't even make the list.

I think it's pretty close to what I would think, except I'd have ranked Incredible Hulk higher/Hulk lower and Iron Man 2 would be closer to the original.

And I haven't even seen Green Lantern yet, but I'm sure I would rank it better than Batman Forever.

Green Lantern below Rise of the Silver Surfer? Wow. I'm kind of surprised Supergirl's score is so high. I think Kick Ass is way, way too high on that list. OK movie, but damn. One thing I think we should take into account here, though, is how these scores are calculated. It is simply the percentage of people who "liked" a movie. It isn't necessarily a scale of how good a movie is. And I think that is why Kick Ass is so high (and Superman Returns). Most people who watched it liked it, but maybe they didn't like it all that much. While maybe less people liked Blade 2, but those with good enough taste to like it really enjoyed the crap out of it I bet.

Was Batman and Robin really that bad?

Yes, yes, good lord yes.

My favorites are probably X2 (possibly my favorite comic movie of them all) and the Nolan Bat-movies. This is followed by Superman (due mostly to nostalgia), Spiderman 2, the Hellboys, Iron Man, Thor, First Class, and Incredible Hulk. Thank goodness Marvel started making good movies all of a sudden, or my list would be so short!

Superman and Superman II get high marks for nostalgia and being wonderfully faithful to the old Pre-Crisis Superman... right up to the end of Superman II when they felt the need to give him all those extra non-comics powers. Oh and don't bother seeing the Donner cut... while his changes to the story are interesting, his ending isn't any better.

I think they're being too harsh on GL. But that's just my opinion.

I realized that with GL, there's still not a lot of people who have seen the movie, so the number of people who liked it will be far less than a movie that's been out for a year or so.

ANd to echo Dr. k80, Batman and Robin should have been at the bottom of the list. To go from the amazing movie that the original Batman was (for it's time) and end up with horrible puns and Bat-nipples is just inexcusable. It was by far the first movie I ever hated.

After a quick scan, list isn't to far off what I would list as high and enjoyable. I dont get the hate on Superman IV I, loved that movie. A villain with a costume at last.

I would place the Hellboy movies higher only because I know ppl that dont watch comic movies and they liked Hellboy for the humour one of the sleeper films. Same as Sin City in alot of ways it ppl watched it and enjoyed not realising the background it came from.

is it me or shouldnt 300 be in this list?

If The Spirit can rate 300 should be well above it.

An come on The Shadow or The Phantom are better then Jonah Hex!

Edited by MiniFiend UK

I'm not sure i'd have Spiderman 2 so high on the list . . .

I thought it was a rather dreary film.

I'd like to see Batman Returns higher on the list. I loved how dark, sexually charged & brutal that film was, while still retaining a slightly camp edge to it.

It is one of my top 10 all time films i think.

I find it nigh upon criminal that XMFC is listed below X-Men 1 and 2. I still think it's Marvel's best movie, but I understand why it gets below Iron Man. Incredible Hulk needs to go higher, Superman Returns lower, but besides that... yeah this is a very good list. Well done RT.

After a quick scan, list isn't to far off what I would list as high and enjoyable. I dont get the hate on Superman IV I, loved that movie. A villain with a costume at last.

I would place the Hellboy movies higher only because I know ppl that dont watch comic movies and they liked Hellboy for the humour one of the sleeper films. Same as Sin City in alot of ways it ppl watched it and enjoyed not realising the background it came from.

is it me or shouldnt 300 be in this list?

If The Spirit can rate 300 should be well above it.

An come on The Shadow or The Phantom are better then Jonah Hex!

Lurch said it is Marvel, DC, and Hellboy. Judge Dredd, Tank Girl, Mystery Men, and others are also left off.

The F4 movies are far from great but they have a lot better replay value than some of the ones that are listed higher (1st Hulk and The Last Stand I'm looking at you <_< ). Ben and Johnny are arguably some of the best cast parts; which it will be interesting to see him switch it up as Capt America next month.

I just hope we can stop having giant evil space clouds as the big bad. You got to have a good villain (with a good reason to be bad) to have a good superhero movie.

I think i'm the only person in the world that actually enjoyed The Spirit :pinch:

i loved the spirit! samuel jackson was great! though i understand why others didnt like it and i wouldnt say it was the best comicbook movie

'Superman' ought to be #1 simply because it changed the mindset of the masses, all of a sudden comic-heroes were cool (or whatever the current expression is).

I genuinely, completely agree with this, and this is coming from someone that didn't see it anywhere near the release date... but the late 1980s

'Superman' ought to be #1 simply because it changed the mindset of the masses, all of a sudden comic-heroes were cool (or whatever the current expression is).

it's no doubt one of the most important movies on the list. It was a gamer changer that helped erase the BAM! KA-POW! mindset that had been stuck in the publics' mind since the Adam West show. And every comics movie since owes it a debt of gratitude. But other movies have built on it's foundation to show that not only are superheroes cool, but within their world powerful, complex stories can be told if you're not afraid to try.