UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New TRU Herald of Galactus Box Set

AllStarMatt

To be fair, there are a few QC defects here, the yellow paint around the arm ball joints on Nova is missing, some of the recent crotch piece/leg issues we've seen on other releases, Morg can't have both of his legs on the flight stand at the same time due to the boot pieces, Galactus' boots suffers from the same problem as Stay Puft preventing him from standing flat on both feet.

I agree that the crotch piece issue has become a scary issue as of late. I have seen this problem from the latest Marvel boxed sets, UM series 2, RGB series2 and even the Femmes Fatales. For some reason it seems to be mostly the black crotch pieces. I wonder why DST hasn't addressed this. Again, I feel safer buying multiple sets, but I shouldn't have to because QC is lacking. Anyone care to hinder a guess why DST changed the crotch format (ever since the Thor movie wave I believe.) And notice that the chest blocks no longer sit flush on the crotch pieces anymore. There's that annoying gap that can only be hidden if a minimate is wearing a belt or crotch cover.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These just showed up again on TRU.com.

Stock is currently 188 of 'em.

GO!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11405353

I actually just came here to see if that was for reals. I was concerned as I had heard nothing until a random search of the TRU site for the MvC3 sets.

I wasn't sure it actually happened being it's called what, October Fan Poll minimates box or some such. Kinda weird.

fair play, yb... and kudos for the pictures. The sculpting itself is beautiful, I'm certainly not denying that.

all I mean, is that the sculpting and paintwork on Morg and Terrax seems really poor quality.

I've not really any interest in this set, at all... but Galactus is cool.

yb, I'll PM you my address, send Galactus over and I'll tell others how nice he is.

These just showed up again on TRU.com.

Stock is currently 188 of 'em.

GO!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11405353

Done.

These release schedules are so weird.

The first time I noticed the new crotch piece issue was TRU wave 9, can you believe those came out almost a year ago already? (December 15th, 2010 per MMDB)

I think we should have tshirts made that say

CROTCH

PIECE

ISSUES

and wear them to conventions.

wooooooo! heralds for everybody. thanks for letting us know they are in stock.

No problem! I just entered my email address in the "lemme know when they're back in stock" thing on the page last night and BLAMMO, got an email a few hours ago letting me know. I'm glad it worked out (for everybody)! :)

Ordered. I picked up two in case one set has QC issues. . .well, that was my rationalization, anyway.

A good rationale. That's usually my excuse for having multiples. I try to get 2 of everything I like (which is just about everything Marvel, Monsters and Ghostbusters). If it's something I REALLY like, I may buy 3, 4 or even 5 of 'em!

Ordered one about an hour ago. Fingers crossed so hard they feel like they're going to break.

As of an hour until midnight, the quantity of these has jumped to almost 200. As someone whose job is to oversee inventory control in a warehouse, I am appualed by the way they handle their inventory (inside the warehouse and on it's way out).

36 hours ago I noticed that, in the case of RGB Logo Ghost , TRU.com were showing 14 items in stock with a further 12 items simultaneosly hitting ebay . It was late (here)& I failed to post this info ,unsurprisingly in the morning all the TRU.com stuff had disappeared but it was interesting to see that the ebay listing had ended despite the fact that only 2 of the 12 items that were listed had been sold ?

I still kick myself for not buying the extremely rare 'Volstagg & Lady Sif Final Battle ' http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11128126

The more common 'Lady Sif & Volstagg' still shows well over 100 in stock.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Ordered mine as well. Looking forward to this set more than any in a long time. Makes me want Airwalker and Firelord even more.

I hope we don't have to wait until next October to get another poll set. If they want to keep it cosmic, how about a Thanos Quest/Elders of the Universe poll?

Thanos

In-Betweener

Champion

Gardener

Collector

Runner

Grandmaster

Death

They'd make some eye-catching Minimates, for the most part. It'd be hard to choose...