UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

My Little Pony

TM2 Dinobot

Is ANYONE ELSE completely and totally obsessed with this show? It's hard to understate how awesome it is. Actual plot and writing! Flawless animation. Great acting. Adult humor! It's like Beast Wars or Animaniacs for Ponies. It seems to be aimed at 5 year old girls and 20-something males. Which, if you think about it, that's a bit creepy. But the 80's version was crap, and rightfully so. This one is just spectacular. Every scene is screen cap worthy. I plowed through the entire thing in 3 days. I will say that the pilot is expectedly weak, but about episode 4 it takes off with a sonic rainboom! (you'll know it when you get there)

Anyways, here's the channel I caught them all on. It's on the Hub but if you don't have super cable it's the next best thing.

tumblr_lgq1btt3Wp1qeuz19o1_400.gif

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, give it a try. Generation 4 of MLP is nothing at all like G2 and G3. G3 was "Oh no, we're out of sprinkles. Let's sing a song!" FiM is more like "How do we get Fluttershy to overcome her fear of dragons before we all get eaten?"

*looks at previous sentence*

Sigh...

*hands in man card*

What? We get man cards? Where?

And not even one minute in and I'm already lovin' them! Oh man, if they do a MLP show SDCC exclusive...

See? Told you!

*hands in man card*

I really think this is for the best. I'm sorry it had to come to this.

But Storm likes them too... :(

Another is assimilated by the Ponies. Seriously there's a HUGE thread on this new show over at TFW2005 I know I've been posted on quite a bit.

I have watched the show since the beginning myself. First out of simple curiousity, then out of fandom. It's very well made and not really 'girly' despite the show's obvious title/what toyline it's based on.

Of course I think I attribute it mainly by whom helped develop it. Lauren Faust, wife and fellow cartoon creator/animator to Craig McCracken whom created a number of shows for Cartoon Network as well as worked on a few others. You know, back when Cartoon Network had cartoons created by their own studios? Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuf Girls, etc, etc...

The characters are well written and acted, the stories are pretty good, and the show is well animated.

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't seen the show, but based on this preview, it looks pretty good. I'm definitely interested to see the magical pony genre deconstructed,and the gritty realism just steps the game up. These aren't your parents' little ponies, that's for sure.