UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

My Little Pony

TM2 Dinobot

Now lets think about this a moment. The very fact that the HUB would take a show designed for little girls, pay for and recut a popular song, use fandom words like "Brony" and "DJ Pon3" and then give the video as an exclusive to a fan website; the fact that a multi-billion dollar company is bending over backwards to please a rabid and gigantic fanbase, and yall still think I'm crazy?

And yeah, I saw that the day it came out. Much better than the original. :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know, I'm responding to a post from one thread in another but this seemed the more appropriate spot...

You know, I've been giving up Minimates for a while. Looks like I shall continue to do so.

<RT> Ya know, Choppah-face, I undahstand droppin' mates fuh Legos, I do. It's duh Lil' Ponies ting I'm strugglin' wit. Yuh blow a brain fuse uh sumthin'? Reformat yuh gendah drivahs? (not dat dere's anithin' wrong wit dat.) Geeeez beenin' an undead slag-spoutin' saurion ain't exactly agreein' wit yuh lahng toym. Juhst sayin'. </RT>

23842%20-%20b%20fluttershy%20macro.png

See what is that? Why is it funny?

I've never seen MLP:FML, so how am I supposed to find humor in a picture of a determined looking pony with a swear on it? Is that a 'tomboy pony'/'competitive pony' so "doing the shit out of something" is in character so it's "HAHA! Moonbeam would SO love and tolerate the shit out of someone!" or are the sweet girly-girl goodie good pony so it's "funny" because she'd never swear so it's "HAHA! Rainbow Smoothie *is* all about love and tolerance would never say shit! I see what you did there!"

Or maybe this is a better way to communicate my point:post-1897-0-72124500-1309029415_thumb.pn

‘I learned more about theory of mind, friendships and social interactions from this season than I had in the previous 31 years of life.’

His parents must be sooooooooooooo proud.

(says the 40 y/o posting on a website devoted to mostly to toys but still...)

Don't frack with ponies. Some scientist-like people published a paper describing time in Equestrais and estimating the ages of the ponies.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B8VfOcLr_9YAOWY4ZTgxMDEtYjMxMS00YmZkLWExOWQtODAxNTlmNzgyOWQ5&hl=en_US&pli=1

It's a great day to be alive. XD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

There's a full-blown documentary on Bronies out there, too:

http://www.bronydoc.com/

I'll watch it once it gets to Netflix. To be fair, it is a pretty good show (the IDW comic is good, too). I watch it with my daughter sometimes and enjoy it as much as, say, Phineas and Ferb and Spongebob Squarepants. Now, that doesn't in any way excuse stuff like this:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-internet-finally-reaches-its-apex-as-man-marry,94206/

That's just weird.

Edited by hellpop

Yeah, I would compare it to P&F. It's a good, fun show. I think season 3 just about knocked out most of the fire in all but the die hard fans. It took the world building continuity and just threw it away, and a lot of adult fans went "Oh well, it was a good run while it lasted. Hey look, Korra's on."

There's still a fandom though. This just about made me pee my pants I was laughing so hard.

the IDW comic is good, too

I've been meaning to pick up the trades as a little gift for my girlfriend. We've been big fans of Katie Cook and her artwork (we have commissions and original art of hers all over our apartment) for a couple of years now and have met her at conventions a few times. I've been interested to see what her work is like as a writer outside of her own characters.

It's pretty funny. I enjoyed reading it to my daughter, and there's one running gag with Pinkie Pie that I thought was inspired. I don't think she did the second book, though. I think they are rotating creative teams to keep getting books out every month.