UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 11

Lurch77

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note the different hair on the same Hulk figure.

Hmm, looks like the TRU one is using a bigger chest piece too, looks more like the one from the MvC Hulks. Wonder if they just shot the TRU pics after changing the prototype or if we'll actually get two different Hulks?

Seeing the two sets next to each other like this, framed as TRU exclusive and Specialty exclusive, it makes me wonder if DST has given any thought to resetting to a common wave numbering and doing two different exclusive sets for specialty shops instead of one with a variant, as they do with TRU. Could potentially help boost sales...

Edited by Lobsterman

I'm still not sold on the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Hulk, but the more I see that Goblin, the more I like him. However, that said, Sinister is doubtlessly the outstanding figure of these packs and will be treated with utmost respect and admiration if I can manage to find one of the damn things. The Fantomex/Negative set is off my list as I don't particularly care for either of those titles (I don't read X-Men anymore as I still can't keep up with the characters and f**k you Quesada and your brand new day.)

Nightcrawler... is alright. But I think I'd rather have him in with the Excalibur set. I don't want Meggan, but the rest of that set kicks so much ass that I think it's worth it.

Goblin... I want the Glider. That Goblin figure I don't know if I'll use that much (the Villains set Goblin is THE Goblin.) but the glider is nice.

So that's the Trekker's comments. But I have to say I like this wave more than I did when I first saw it. Hulk looks less squat and puffy than he did for some reason. Just... come on. Something looks off about his arms... I think if I lose the upper arm piece I might like him more... Or is it his hands? Are they using a different Punchy hand sculpt than they did on Ultimate hulk? Because I like that punchy hand sculpt. I dunno. Something's rotten in Denmark and I think it might keep me from getting that figure.

LOVE THE BULKED UP HULK HIS HANDS ARE AWESOME! Looks even better than the Ultimate Hulk I was previously using. MVSC EXclusive new Red Hulk also got the bulked up hand treatment. Only think left id to find large hands for the Abomination.

Love the continued advancement to sculpted parts.

Something's rotten in Denmark and I think it might keep me from getting that figure.

Isn't Denmark just an unweeded garden?

Fie on it!

I figured it out: it IS the hands. These hands look like giant versions of the traditional minimate hands, but balled into a fist. The others... looked like a fist. I prefer those due to the fistiness of them and the fact that these just look unrealistically curly. Sorry HAR, these just don't fit me. :)

I don't know about the rest of you, but Hulk having toes but not fingers makes him look odd to me. I do like the different hairpiece, I've been hoping they'd make some minor changes like that to the pack that's repeated in the specialty and TRU wave.

I'm feeling like the sculpted parts and highly detailed tampos herald the arrival of the second generation of Minimates. I would have hated it if told this was the direction being taken but upon seeing the results I like it. Duck feet was the slippery slope that initiated the transition with sculpting and movie mates with detailed tampos. In some ways DC Minimates were version 1.5.

Deathstrike needs a re-do as do the big size characters. I love the detail on Minimates 2.0.

Note the different hair on the same Hulk figure.

Hmm, looks like the TRU one is using a bigger chest piece too, looks more like the one from the MvC Hulks. Wonder if they just shot the TRU pics after changing the prototype or if we'll actually get two different Hulks?

I find this highly likely, I can't see there being any difference between the TrU and wave 41 versions. The MvC version, however, will no doubt have a different face n' hair.

I really like this Hulk, but not sure on the movie hair... still think I'll swap it out for the defenders one (from the first proto)

The more I look at these waves... the less I like them. Psylocke still looks like a poorly done custom; well, she'd look pretty good as a custom, but as an official release, not so much. Another Hulk, another FA Iron Man... no thanks. I think the Spidey/Goblin set is clever, but I'm still not sold on it. Phantomex I like; Mister Negative will be good custom fodder.

Really, the only winner in these two waves is Sinister/Nimrod... I would not be surprised if this is the new Wolverine/Deadpool.

Not sure I like Hulk's hands but the bulked up versions are starting to grow on me. Love Mega Rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This TRU wave will rot on the pegs. 5 repacks, 1 poorly done/low demand Betsy and only two new characters (which will be in the same 2-pack). The Fantomex/Negative set is the only one that will be in demand.

You're probably right, but consider wave 11 a pallet cleanser before the arrival of wave 12.

I asked Diamond on their Facebook page about the Hulk hairpieces, to which they said:

"He comes with two hair pieces."

I'm pleased, but surprised by this... wouldn't have thought they'd chuck an extra hairpiece in on top of all those sculpted parts, considering they never include an extra hairpiece of all things as it is.

It certainly feels like DST are telling us, right... this is your definitive Hulk, don't expect another anytime soon... or something