UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Dark Knight Rises ~spoilers inside~

youbastards

Bane as the anti-Bat revenge weapon of the League of Shadows. That would work whether or not Ras survived the train crash. (Well Bruce made it out just before it crashed, so in theory...) Tha mask is odd, but it works both as a Vader-esque breathing apperatus and/or a Venom delivery system. Steriods are a treatment for various conditions, and thus Venom may have started as a treatment for his burn ravaged body.

Now how and why Catwoman fits into all of this without detracting from the story... no idea.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm. still skeptical. I'm excited, but i have to say that as a movie fan - the first two left me wanting. As a comic book fan, i was general pretty happy. But as a bit of an armchair critic, i wanted more.

It's cool, but confusing in spots. Does the stated by Nolan 8 years since the first movie mean these event take place 8 years after the battle with Joker, or does this movie take place over the course of 8 years?

So... where does that hover vehicle fit in with the gritty realism? I'm sure this movie will be good. I'm just not very excited for it at this point. That said, I'll still see it opening weekend.

I think what bums me the most about this trilogy is that, while they are done very well, they just aren't that ...exciting... I don't know. I guess I just think the Marvel movies are generally more fun.

hmmmm. still skeptical. I'm excited, but i have to say that as a movie fan - the first two left me wanting. As a comic book fan, i was general pretty happy. But as a bit of an armchair critic, i wanted more.

I really enjoyed the first two films, and though this trailer doesn't have the impact on me that the Dark Knight trailer did, Nolan has earned the benefit of the doubt in my eyes. I expect this to be, at least, a very solid movie.

Does anyone with a more in-depth Batman knowledge recognize the football player's name? Is he of any importance or did they just give him a name so his jersey didn't look fake?

I can't help notice that everyone's reactions to this movie (ever since we started seeing images, hearing about casting, teaser, trailer) are more "Well, it's Nolan so I'm sure it will be good" instead of "Oh, man that's awesome!"

I just hope they show something for this movie that really gets my geek juices flowing before they show it.

Does anyone with a more in-depth Batman knowledge recognize the football player's name? Is he of any importance or did they just give him a name so his jersey didn't look fake?

I can't help notice that everyone's reactions to this movie (ever since we started seeing images, hearing about casting, teaser, trailer) are more "Well, it's Nolan so I'm sure it will be good" instead of "Oh, man that's awesome!"

I just hope they show something for this movie that really gets my geek juices flowing before they show it.

burt ward was the name of the actor who played the robin in the old batman show, could be a throwback to him? also after seeing that banes men are arkham inamtes confirms my belief that this is knightfall...which means all we need is a glimpse at jean-paul to get our geek juices flowing ;)

It's obviously former Heisman trophy winner and pro basketball player Charlie Ward.

burt ward was the name of the actor who played the robin in the old batman show, could be a throwback to him? also after seeing that banes men are arkham inamtes confirms my belief that this is knightfall...which means all we need is a glimpse at jean-paul to get our geek juices flowing ;)

It was a good enough story I guess, but this movie seems to have enough going on not to need to bring that character out of the woodwork.

Edited by karamazov80

it is actually Hines Ward, though I can't help but think he was picked due to Burt (or it can't have hurt, at least).

also, if you look at a banner in the American football crowd... it reads 'ROGUES', and the R is the Tim Drake style Robin logo. Quite cool that, apparently it was all down to the person who made the props.

Thanks for the info/guesses on the football player. I watched the trailer on my iPod so I couldn't even read was his name was.

Undeadpool, it is pretty awesome seeing Bane release those prisoners. Maybe Bane will break the Bat part way through the movie and that's where the 8 years comes in... healing time, Azrael as Batman time... etc

Its Hines ward, he was chosen because he is a Pittsburgh Steeler and that scene was filmed in Heinz Field, steeler's stadium. Actually i think a lot of the movie was shot in Pittsburgh. Big Ben is in it too. Not sold on Bane. I just hate the mask. Doesnt make sense and it sounds like its some kind of filter or something. Of course if he comes out as a Hot Toy I'll buy em!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well... she certainly... fills out the suit...

Not bad, but are we really supposed to believe those cat ears in this dark gritty realistic Gotham?

They aren't ears, they're her goggles. They flip down.

The heels kill me. Of all people, they make Catwoman look as "comicy" as possible. While Bane joined the French Revolution, apparently.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face