UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Dark Knight Rises ~spoilers inside~

youbastards

Yeah, I remember The Bat flying out of that explosion in Gotham and I thought, "That's where Bruce bailed out." Then they cut to him in the cockpit to erase all doubt he has still in the aircraft. Then I thought, "Damn, they're actually going to kill him." He had a ridiculously small amount of time before the blast but it's possible The Bat had an escape pod just as the Tumbler did. Hopefully it was shielded.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was pretty dissapointed, there are so many plotholes it's ridiculous... Bane's voice was awful, as was Bruce Wayne his character in this movie.

A friend of mine posted this and I couldn't agree more.

''I saw this about 6 hours ago and the more time passes the less I like it. I HATE Bruce Wayne in this movies. He keeps telling you how driven he is and how he cares for Gotham, yet he hid and rot away body and soul for EIGHT years? He didnt help Gotham out as Batman OR Bruce Wayne? EIGHT YEARS over a lady? Nah. Lazy bum. How come Blake just KNEW Wayne was Batman? He just had a hunch? I dont like Batman Begins and this felt more like a continuation to that than to The Dark Knight.

Bane goes from criminal mastermind to lackey in minutes. He weakness was literally PUNCH HIM IN THE FUCKING FACE. I'm not the world's greatest detective like you Batman, but if I am fighting a guy.wearing a respirator... I am aiming straight for it. They went through all the wall street mess just so Talia would get made a boardmember so she could activate the bomb (an atomic bomb in Batman?!)? Why not just kidnap three random boardmembers?

They just DROPPED the whole 99 vs 1% plot. They set it up and just plain dropped it. I just couldnt stop thinking about how much rape and murder there must've been going on in Gotham. They ise such a broad stroke to paint the difference in classes that they equal poor with criminal. They just dont adress it, making it have this film of dirtiness over the conflict.

I gotta wrap up... Most wont read it anyway. I gotta say I feel Nolqn didnt care about this one. You.can see in The Dark Knight a LOT of work between the lines, here there is just a formula to get us to an end so he can move on. Oh, and homey needs a better editor.

P.S. How the fuck did Wayne make it to Gotham from Uzbekistan in a day without resources?''

Go Avengers!

i didn't have a problem with Blake guessing Wayne was Batman. Most Gothamites should assume Wayne is Batman, like if Tony Stark lived there (crossover) people would assume he was Batman. So with Blake's orphan background, I didn't question it.

it'd be interesting to see a film set in the future with Batman and Catwoman's baby as a new crimefighter. And I know it's taboo to even mention this but I think that Eric Northman character from True Blood could pull off a similar Nolan Joker character if he got the voice down. I know Nolan said he's done, but they could use the likeness. Who could come in to be a new Bruce Wayne when Bale bails.

my view: if you love Batman, youll LOVE this film, if not...dont see it? save the money....go see something you want to see...

Bane was up there with the Joker for me, he was a smart, well versed diabolical villain

catwoman was perfect hands down

batman was great

Blake was everything i wanted from what Nolan was doing with him

It seems like if you loved TDK, you'll dislike Rises. Personally I hated TDK so much, and thought Batman Begins was great.

I agree with this. I love Begins, it's the perfect Batman film, and everything Ra's was perfect for Nolan's interpretation. Fun fact i hadn't noticed: Ra's and Bane hold their coats the same way. Love that kind of attention to detail.

One thing i hate is people saying this is the best superhero they've seen/of all time. That's just not true. Nolan's Batman films are not superhero movies, they're depressing psychoanalytical interpretations of a superhero grounded in realism. I wouldn't call a single thing about them superheroic. Avengers is 100% a superhero film and the best of all time, TDKR isn't even playing the same game.

George Cloony is NOT Batman, Bale was closer to Batman then him. Batman is a detective before a super hero, Conroy did this, Bale did this, even Keaton did this, Batman isnt a man running around in tights fighting flashy super villains, hes a smart well thought out, collected individual, taking down criminals

I understand the criticism that this film is getting, but I still enjoyed it. As for best superhero film of all time, that honour goes to Spider-Man 2 IMO.

I dont think Rises is even the best Nolan Batman film, in fact it's the worst of the three....so says I.

Saw it last night, and just now red the posts in the thread. I'm surprised by the negative reaction but I guess everyone has their own opinion. I enjoyed it. I liked Catwoman. Not sure what the problem was with Anne Hathaway casting. She's hot and looks good in the movie and is a real actress. It was nice to see Bruce interested in a chick who didnt look like puppy dog. What I do like is that at zero point did they call her Catwoman. She is just this theif who has googles that look like a cat. I liked Bane a lot and I really didnt care for the look or what I saw in the trailers of the character. Hardy really won me over. I was trying to determine what kept drawing me into his scenes where he is talking. I think it was the fact the dude never really blinked during the whole performance. Kinda made him like an oldschool monster.

As for the bomb ending, why wouldnt it make sense in a Batman movie? The first one had Ra's atomizing all water in Slums of Gotham with Fear Gas. That's ok but a reactor for clean energy that gets changed to a nuclear bomb is not. Ra's main mission is to destroy cities/civilizations that have become corrupt. What better way to wipe out a City than a nuclear blast. Another thing, are we sure that Batman isn't dead? The whole scene with Alfred seeing him at the diner could've been what he wanted to see. He was obviously crushed about letting the Waynes down at the end. The autopilot line coudlve been the red herring to make us beleive that Bruce was alive. Bruce's main goal was to give Gotham a symbol of hope and he thought it was Harvey and sacrified his Batman character. He succeded in giving them a hero by having Batman "sacrifice" himself to save Gotham. Now Batman is that symbol once again and Bruce can move on with his life.

Who knows? Great movie!

Another thing, are we sure that Batman isn't dead?

I briefly asked myself the same question but seeing Bruce with Selina, I figured it wasn't simply an Alfred fantasy. Had it been Rachel sitting there, yeah, then it would have been Alfred imagining them together in the afterlife.

• 2 weeks later...
P.S. How the fuck did Wayne make it to Gotham from Uzbekistan in a day without resources?''

Did they ever actually SAY it only took him a day in transit? Bruce was gone for five months.

Hardy really won me over. I was trying to determine what kept drawing me into his scenes where he is talking. I think it was the fact the dude never really blinked during the whole performance. Kinda made him like an oldschool monster.

As for the bomb ending, why wouldnt it make sense in a Batman movie?

I never thought of his Bane like that, but that kind of hits the nail on the head! And remember the beginning of the 1966 movie, he's running around a pier trying to find a safe place to throw this giant bomb and finally says, "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!" Good stuff, and it proves the point. haha.

But yeah, I was so entirely satisfied with this film, saw it on Imax opening night. Christopher Nolan has been my favorite director since "The Dark Knight" came out, every one of his films has been so stellar (my favorite being "Insomnia"). I loved Tom Hardy as Bane and adored Anne Hathaway as Selina (loved that they never called her "Catwoman"). I liked J.G.L.'s character, but thought the "Robin" name-drop was just plain lame sauce. That is literally my only complaint with the film. Did anyone else see the whole Talia Al Ghul thing coming from a mile away? I thought it was awesome, but I saw it coming the moment the League of Shadows came up.

Edited by Marquis de Carabas