UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor movie minimates

minijeff

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know most people hate Thor with the bulky chest pieces, but this one seems like he could use it with that gigantifying helmet.

It's like an orange on a toothpick! It's a virtual planetoid! It's got it's own mother system!

Oh now I've done it. He'll be crying himself to sleep on his huge pillow tonight.

I'm quite happy with it considering :ohmy: I will however mention that Thor's don't really sell well. I liked the Thor/Lady Loki set but you can't give them away although that is probably because of 'her' rather than 'him' . The originals (wave 14) sell well now but when they were released.. during a very dark age for Minimates in general... they just sat. I like the look of this Wave & I especially like the Frostie & Loki but I just don't know about these Minimate movie waves ?

................... & WTF are the Warriors Three?

................... & WTF are the Warriors Three?

The Warriors Three are three very well-known allies of Thor that go way back to when Jack Kirby was drawing the book. The first appeared in the back-up stories called "Tales of Asgard" and have been featured pretty prominently ever since in Thor stories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warriors_Three

Oh now I've done it. He'll be crying himself to sleep on his huge pillow tonight.

At least it'll be a comfortable pillow. I hear he shops at "Uatu's Tempur-Pedic Bed Outlet"!

It's like an orange on a toothpick! It's a virtual planetoid! It's got it's own mother system!

Is this 'So, I Married An Axe Murderer'?

I'd bet AFX might get something too. Along with a Previews Exclusive and maybe another Borders exclusive (since IM seemingly did okay there). Sorry, I just fear movie figures now after IM2.

This is a wise fear to have . . .

I am pretty sure Odin wont be the short-packed non-variant . . . not with that amount of sculpting on him.

I'm a bit disappointed that Destroyer doesn't have more sculpting on him too. Hopefully the final product will look better.

I was hoping it wasn't going to be more Frost Giants. This means the odds of Asgardian Soldiers being the army builder in Wave 40 just increased a bit.

someone's going to have to help me out on the other two... Grandad & The Asgardian

The Asgardian I'd guess is Balder - Grandad I dunno. Odin in mortal disguise?

Too many Frost Giants. 2 in the complete wave with chase, and 3 in the army builder dump? They should have mixed it up with SHIELD agents, at least (there may well not be Asgardian soldiers in the film for all I know--from the trailer, I just remember seeing a group of 4 or 5 guys fighting the ice giant horde).

Edited by karamazov80

"Gramps" is a professor in the movie who is played by Stellan Skarsgard. I'm not sure if he is based on a character from the comics, but I'm guessing he has a major role of some point since he got a 'mate.

Maybe Loki in disguise?

EDIT: IMDB has him listed as "Professor Andrews"

Edited by youbastards

The Asgardian I'd guess is Balder - Grandad I dunno. Odin in mortal disguise?

The Asgardian is a troop builder: there were two of them walking down a hallway together and a bunch standing in a line later in the trailer

These guys:

thor1080102708.jpg

EDIT: Also, the middle Frostie there looks to be the same one from wave 39

Edited by blizzerd