UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 9

CortherX

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember it like this 'Helmut the German's helmet' . Just trying to help. ;)

Blerg - i always bollocks that up. LOL - thanx mate.

I'm really excited for this wave.

So - are Magneto & Wolverine from an upcoming wave? Or are they like the Battle-Damaged Wolverine & Captain America were? Not really 'TRU exclusives' , but also not offered in a regular wave. . .

So isn't the rule of thumb that once we see the packaged pictures it takes about 6 weeks for them to hit the store shelves?

On another note, I'm glad Magik has that Shoulder pad thing on her metallic arm. She didn't have that when we saw the prototype pics and I think it's a nice little detail.

That seems like the usual pattern, but I think I recall the swordsman/surfer pack sneaking out pretty quickly around last December in time for holiday shopping. I'm sure TRU wants to have as much new stuff on shelves as possible, do I wouldn't be completely surprised to see these before Christmas.

I hope that getting warlock paves the way for a phalanx army builder in a later wave, maybe with some generation x characters *crosses fingers & waits for a Blink minimate*

*just had an epic nerd-gasm*

Penance, Chamber, Emplate . . . oh my!

I hope that getting warlock paves the way for a phalanx army builder in a later wave, maybe with some generation x characters *crosses fingers & waits for a Blink minimate*

*just had an epic nerd-gasm*

Penance, Chamber, Emplate . . . oh my!

generation x banshee/army builder

classic banshee/ army builder

I did think blink might be cool for a gen x box set, then with the AOA stuff I thought we might get her but we didn't, then it dawned on me we didn't get other AOA characters like morph & sabretooth .......... AOA blink + Morph + Sabretooth + ??? = Exiles box set!!!

You guys talking about Spidey's eyes made me realize something I've been wishing for to be fixed possibly being fixed. That red bar on top of Spidey's chest is gone! I showed some previously released Spideys that had the red bar to Chuck at SDCC and he didn't know about it then. If this is fixed, that means I'll actually be buying a handful of Spideys again!

At first I thought I saw the red bar in both pictures, now I'm not sure.

If Chuck wasn't aware of that issue, do the DST guys see any finished product? Chuck always seems surprised whenever these quality issues are brought up.

I'm actually kind of excited for the Brown Wolverine redo he'll look good next to Betsy, hopefully we'll see more Outback-era X-Men in upcoming waves (I really want a Dazzler and Longshot!!!).

I too am exited about the Outback X-men. I recently added a brown jacket to my custom Dazzler and she looks awesome. Just like on that old arcade game! Wolverine is going to look awesome next to her, Betsy, Mohawk Storm and Havok.

Edited by Serge_Havok

That red bar on top of Spidey's chest is gone!

Red bar?

Top of the chest has a red bar that is not the same shade of red as the rest of the body.

Red bar on House of M Spidey:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php...of+M+Spider-Man

Red bar on Heroes Spidey:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php...mp;n=Spider-Man

Hopefully you get the idea. And if you look close enough, you can also see the black web lines bleeding through in the white part of the eyes. What can I say? I'm picky about my Spideys.

Man I love Ivan's Database! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up wolvie/mags, magick/warlock and cannonball/shatterstar today in Maryland.

Mags does come with a dark face, but it is a flesh colored base with a black tampos with red eyes. he also comes with one of those clear flight stands.

post-3701-1292623338_thumb.jpg

I skipped the spidey/lizard pack.

I figured people would like to see Douglock. The right arm blaster does not come off.

post-3701-1292624036_thumb.jpg

Edited by MsMarvel fan