UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Disney Store exclusive

groundhog7s

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I'll be adding Disney Store dot-com to my regular watch list until this set comes out.

I like the eye-less Iron Man, though I would have liked it more if they had brought them closer together. Thor is a big "win," though they gave him the modern helmet design. I'll be swapping it out for the old one. Cap and Spidey = more of the same, which I'm OK with.

You got to admit as a first set to be seen at Disney Stores, these are good choices: kids love Spidey, Iron Man is fresh in their mind with IM2 movie this year, and Thor & Capt movies will be out next year. With holidays coming up I would imagine this should sell very well, which hopefully will mean more sets there in the future.

The coloring and chest detail on the Cap mate looks almost identical to the "suspended animation" Cap. I think it's a great complementary mate to SA Cap as now you'll have a classic version without his shredded military uniform covering it up.

Cool that these will be getting some love in the Disney store, but it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than those 4 to get me to go to the mall. I would spend an afternoon gargling Drano or poking myself with a rusty nail for hours on end.

I've looked over these very carefully and used the pages at minimatedatabase.com to compare ... all 4 of these 'mates are new versions. They use old parts but have new paint schemes.

The Spidey looks like the original release but has abs and more details.

Looks like it's a reuse of the upcoming Six-arm Spidey, just minus four arms.

Like the skinny Thor, but I don't know if I like him enough to seek this out...

I'll be honest, if this was the first set i ever picked up. I may have stoppped there (in theory). It is a perfect set, and I may have just got it to display next to my lego minifigs. one of the big big reasons i started collecting after i got my first few marvel mates was in hopes of getting to thor. it took awhile and i was happy about it, but never really fully liked it as much as i think i'll like this one. I think (again , in theory) I may have been content with this boxset. still to this day i only really have one or two mates displayed. right now it is hulkbuster iron man, and modern thor, and my frodo(with wrong hair... thanks for pointing that out Tim :tongue: ) on the little display base i put together.

on a side note, i would have kept an eye out for a colossus/angel two-pack :thumbsup:

sorry for the longwinded story :sad:

What I sometimes want to say in threads like this is............

"Thanks for the heads up about the Marvel Disney Store exclusive ,that's really good news. Absolutely brilliant news.

Terrific f*cking news ....yet another place to add to Target,ADV,TRU,FYE,Suncoast,Tower & Borders ....& not be able to access them from this crumbling little island to the left of Europe."

Any hope of a Green Card? :confused:

What I sometimes want to say in threads like this is............

"Thanks for the heads up about the Marvel Disney Store exclusive ,that's really good news. Absolutely brilliant news.

Terrific f*cking news ....yet another place to add to Target,ADV,TRU,FYE,Suncoast,Tower & Borders ....& not be able to access them from this crumbling little island to the left of Europe."

Any hope of a Green Card? :confused:

I'll hook you up BHM, I got a store about 5-10 minutes away (depending on traffic)

think I prefer this Cap to the Reborn one, as he has the iconic boots (however difficult they are to get on a lego base).

*sigh* oh, there are so many minimates

right... I think this is yet another of the recent box sets I'll wait to hit ebay, then get a few individuals

Now that I can really take a look at these 'Mates, they do look pretty damn good. Well, everyone except that Iron Man retread that doesn't look much (if any) improved from the previous "Classic" release with the weird frog eyes. That Thor and Spidey both have the potential to be the best Minimate representations of those characters, and the Cap might actually have a mask that fits! Could we dream that such a thing could exist!! We'll have to see how they do quality-wise (crossing fingers).

Edited by karamazov80

I hope this does well for them. A new Thor probably isn't enough to get me to spring for these... but I've said that before and been proven wrong. We should probably all buy these just to show we care.

BTW, as to the idea of this leading to Disney 'mates, as was floated at the beginning of the thread, I'd just like to point out one character Disney owns all the licensing rights to... THE ROCKETEER!

i can only speak for my area but the 1 disney store we had closed its doors and the whisper was it wasnt doing well in the $$ department so now my nearest disney store is about 2 hours away hopefully other stores are doing well

I've looked over these very carefully and used the pages at minimatedatabase.com to compare ... all 4 of these 'mates are new versions. They use old parts but have new paint schemes.

The Spidey looks like the original release but has abs and more details.

Iron Man looks almost exactly like Classic Iron Man, but his eyes on the helmet are black. Plus who knows what's under there ...

Cap looks very similar to older releases, but his face is different.

And Thor uses a mixture of old parts asd has a new face.

So there are no 100% re-uses, all are justified in my book. This might actually be my favorite Spidey ... 1st appearance might beat it out though.

It looks like they just took the bolt face variant helmet and stuck it on the wave 25 Iron Man. Which is what I did when I got that wave XD

I agree, that slim Thor looks pretty good. It's the first attempt to, erm, 'un-bulk' him. Seems like a good idea. The differences the other mates feature aren't that interressting to me, so I wouldn't buy the pack straight away. But who am I kidding, I couldn't buy it anyway, even if I'd try... :(

Anyway, great idea of a box set to for newbies and getting into the Disney store might also be a good idea. (I don't know, I've been in a Disney store once and that experience was, erm, different.)