UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who Deserves an Update?

MINI_MYTE

In 2009 we saw the release of many an updated minimate (Bullseye, yellow Wolverine, Thanos, classic Iron Man) and in 2010 more updates are on the way (Captain America, Rogue, Dr. Octopus, Black Cat). My question to you is....

If you had your way, which 3 minimates would you like to see updated and how?

1. Sandman: Use movie Sandman's sand limbs and sandpile with Norman Osborne's hair piece.
  2. Juggernaut:Add a big chest piece and movie Juggernaut's boots.
  3. Mystique: Silver Fox hair piece, Mephisto loincloth and a gun.
Edited by MINI_MYTE

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love a new Nightcrawler and classic Colossus to go with the all the new X-Men mates we're getting. The chest pieces and Colossus' boots are a bit bulky on the old ones -- instead of big chests, maybe they could use the shoulder pads from the new Wolverine mates?

And speaking of, I'd like a modern (ie. Astonishing) Wolvie update with his mask included this time.

Nick Fury

Better hairpiece, some sculpted holster pieces (chest holster maybe similar to Wave 34 Cyclops), and some big-ass guns like Cable.

Professor X

If not a hoverchair, maybe a more classic-looking wheelchair to go with the SA X-men set, and the tweed-jacket-and-vest look.

Emma Frost

I thought the tampos on the one from the Astonishing set were great, but I was never satisfied with her lack of a cape.

juggernaught(BIGGER,classic ironman arm and leg braces)

mystique(black costume,movie gambit hair)

rhino(BIGGER,abomb feet,classic ironman arm and leg bands)

sandman(more sand parts and osborn hair)

powerman

ironfist(maybe the yellow jacket peice)

THE FANTASTIC FOUR(classic)

colossus(nuff said)

nightcrawler(nuff said)

nickfury(JETPACK)

Rogue

This not good enough for you?

post-1827-1264735556_thumb.jpg

Yeah, me neither. 80s Rogue all the way.

I also agree about Iron Fist, Rhino, and Fury (though I really like my original Iron Fist and Fury quite a bit, both are quite dated, and the Rhino just doesn't work looking so shrimpy). I would like another Quicksilver, but the earlier, green incarnation. Since that wouldn't technically be an update, I didn't list him.

Classic Punisher, Rhino, Juggernaut, Gray Hulk, Kang, Iron Fist and Power Man are all already existing versions that I'd like to see done over in the exact same costume.

Then with folks like Rogue in the 80's costume, Kitty Pryde in the 70's costume, etc. would be existing characters with new versions of them.

Classic Cable. His suspenders only show up on his chest, and nowhere else. His TO arm could use some detailing(reuse the one from Retro X-Force Cable hinthint), he could get a suspender chestpiece like Cyclops, and then a new hairpiece and a belt with more pouches.

NONE! make NEW figures...new do ya hears me!!!

For the most part I agree with moc. Yeah there are a handfull of older releases I'd like to see redone, like Rhino, Juggernat and Fury, and fewer still my wallet would like to see reissued like Nightcrawler, Bishop and Mystique. But, if more oppertunities like the SM-Friends and Foes set come up, where I can get a new character AND some needed updating rereleasing, that will do me just fine.

PS- make Kang. (not quitting this time till they tell me he's on the schedule. "We heard you" be damned!)

Captain Britain :(

The Scarlet Witch ....anything would be better than what we have &....

........a green costumed Pietro.

Generally I prefer to think laterally about new versions & although it is an 'old chestnut' & 'a well flogged horse'...... 3" Minimates depicting the big guys would be the way to go. I can think of no better or simpler way of making Marvel Minimates come of age. I've heard the arguments for & against many times but I wonder if anyone has asked Marvel lately whether they can relax the supposed embargo on these.......if there indeed still is one? They wouldn't have to go mad with them ,just enough to make things interesting.

. . .and fewer still my wallet would like to see reissued like Nightcrawler, Bishop and Mystique.

FYI: http://cgi.ebay.com/10pcs-DC-Marvel-Minima...=item2a043d13ee

Classic Cable.

I would agree, except that we already have 2 Cable Minimates too many.

Ronin: I just got him a few months back, and I had only known he existed, I didn't know WHAT he looked like. I was so disappointed. He could be sooo much better. Lets get a slip-on mask, some worthy weapons, and no bulk.

Nick Fury: Copy/Paste anything anyone else said about him here.

Mystique: Horrible, just horrible the first time around.