UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who Deserves an Update?

MINI_MYTE

You know you're an alcoholic when you repeat yourself. You know you're an alcoholic when you repeat yourself. Oh, damnit, damnit, damnit, damnit, damnit!
-Robin Williams Edited by Mirymate

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back in the previous thread to say Carnage is in need of a long overdue update. Saying he's perfect is ridiculous.

He has NO muscle detailing, non-C3 feet, his large claw/small hand are different shades of red, and since he doesn't have a slip-over mask it makes his head look extremely tiny(same issue with current releases such as Anti-Venom, Gargan Venom, and Scorpion). Plus I'd love to have a good Kasady head underneath.

Plus it'd be excuse enough to get a Max Carnage set and hopefully 1 other villain like Doppelganger.

Electra and Cage stand out to me the most.

Pack a more defined Electra with better flowing hair with a Hand Ninja, and make the variant dead Skrull Electra.

Make Cage like the MU fig with a tank top and jeans, and give him a removeable beanie/sunglasses piece. Pack him with Immortal Iron Fist or Purple Man please!

Plus it'd be excuse enough to get a Max Carnage set and hopefully 1 other villain like Doppelganger.

I'd DEFINITELY be up for a remake of Carnage if a Max Carnage box set was in the works. Carnage, Doppelganger, Shreik & the obligitory Spiderman variant. Carnage with better colour-matching, muscle-cetailing & some symbiote tendrils would be very welcomed by this particular collector.

Pack a more defined Electra with better flowing hair with a Hand Ninja, and make the variant dead Skrull Electra.

Better yet, they can make White Costumed Elektra the variant. (Assuming the regular is her classic red costume)

And I just learned MU is actually releasing a Mary Jane figure. Hint, hint DST.

Copy/Pasted from the other thread...

MK Daredevil is good, but far from perfect. 1 thing that irritates me is the afformentioned eye thing. (At least it's not as bad as Civil War Iron Man, but it's still not good.) 2nd thing that irritates me its he's really more of a red-orange than red-red. I'd really just like a new one that worked well as a companion piece to the armored one. The original is too simple, the MK is too detailed.

As for Carnage, he's a little better, but again, not perfect. It's ALWAYS bothered me that his hands are a noticably brighter red than his body, and I feel he lacks the muscle defintion of some of the newer styled minimates. He still has that flat look of the original waves. Granted, it might be hard to illustrate muscle on him, with all that black swirlyness, but I think if a talented designer worked hard at it, it would be possible.

Frankly I'd like a new Brock Venom too. I think the three existing ones all have flaws, and none of them look right next to Anti-Venom or Gargan Venom. I like Gargan Venom's mate, but he's not my prefered Venom, Brock is, so I'd like a redo of Brock that works well as a companion for Anti-Venom, as well as Gargan Venom. But I figure it's probably too soon for them to do this. Hasn't been a long enough Venom break yet.

Juggernaut, Rhino & Grey Hulk. Their reasons for an update are fairly obvious, they all look puny by today's standards.

She-Hulk would be good... I didn't hate the first one, but I think we'd all agree they could do better. Ditch that re-used Storm hair we've seen 100 times. Possibly give her an accesory that actually fits in her hand this time. (lol)

And finally, Am I the only person who'd like to see a new red & YELLOW Iron Man? IE. NOT Red and GOLD. I think it just makes him look more comic-bookey, when they use yellow. I like the colors on the original Iron Man, but I like the updated sculpting for Extremis. Pretty much all the Iron Men they've been cranking out have been using Gold, and I'd like to see him move back to yellow. I hate to say I want another Iron Man, but I do.

Actually BHM I think Wave 28 Wolverine nailed it. No more are needed, that's now the definitive one.

I'm very close to agreeing with you, but 1 hair off...

It may sound nitpicky, but I don't like the blue they used. I'm a huge X-Men fan, I've been looking at pictures of Wolverine for decades, and I just don't think it's the right Blue. Everything else about wave 28 wolverine is great, but I feel they used the wrong blue.

The Wolverine I think nailed the color scheme is Secret Invasion Wolverine. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the right mask. And a quick swap is out, since the yellows don't match up.

If 90s Wolverine used the same hues of blue and yellow that Secret Invasion Wolverine did, I'd love him. But as it is, I still find him slightly flawed.

But it's a minor gripe. 90s Wolverine is still my favorite overall Wolverine.

Frankly I'd like a new Brock Venom too...

What specifically do you not like about the latest Brock Venom? I personally thing it's one of the best figures they have ever released. My only problem with it being that it has an unusually snug mask.

Frankly I'd like a new Brock Venom too...

What specifically do you not like about the latest Brock Venom? I personally thing it's one of the best figures they have ever released. My only problem with it being that it has an unusually snug mask.

1st I don't like his face in general. I know it's a personal pref thing, but I'd prefer something closer to Movie Venom's face (but without the web pattern, obviously) Also, regarding the face, I don't know if it's just mine, or all of them, but it sits way too low on the mask. He's he only venom I have with absolutely no space between his mouth and the bottom of his chin.

Now beyond all that, I just don't like that he doesn't match up part for part with Gargan Venom & Anti-Venom. Call me anal, but I hate that. If characters are supposed to be two sides of the same coin, I like for that to show in the part choices. I have the same issue, for instance, with Red Hulk/Green Hulk/Grey Hulk. Right now Red Hulk & Heroes Hulk are awesome together, imo, because they're built from the same basic parts. Wheras old figures like Grey Hulk & New ones like Ultimate Hulk, bug me, because they both use different parts. Parts that don't mirror the other two.

Now, If you hold Gargan Venom & Anti-Venom side by side, they look like two sides of the same coin. Same basic body, same basic look. Different figures. If you hold any of the Brock venoms up to either of them, you don't get that. The most recent one has different powerhouse chest (makes him look smaller, I'll add), different hands, a slipcover face. All and all I just don't think he jives well visually, with Anti-Venom or Gargan Venom.

Consistancy... is more or less what I crave. I want all my Venoms built from the same parts. As well as all my Hulks, all my Goblins (damn those boots and gloves), and ideally, any other characters this might apply too.

Edited by Gillbob316

I'd DEFINITELY be up for a remake of Carnage if a Max Carnage box set was in the works. Carnage, Doppelganger, Shreik & the obligitory Spiderman variant. Carnage with better colour-matching, muscle-cetailing & some symbiote tendrils would be very welcomed by this particular collector.

If you ask me, It'd be along the lines of Carnage, Doppelganger or Shreik(probably Shreik), and some kind of battle damaged versions of Spiderman and Venom.

I'd definitely buy it as long as the Carnage update was decent and has a slip-over mask.

edit'd:

COMPLETELY 100% agree with you, Gillbob. Consistency has been a major issue with mates lately, and it also bothers me to no end.

Edited by McDurg

A month or so ago, I finally sent in around 75 of those business replies that are included in the boxes of marvel minimates. On the bottom of the form under the “additional comments” section I made three different requests:

25X, I request a re-do of the Fantastic Four along with Moleman and subterranean men/ moloid army builders.

25X, I request a re-do of Juggernaut and the Rhino (both with muscular bodies and duck feet).

25X, I request Attuma and Tiger shark (both with muscular bodies and duck feet) along with Atlantian Warrior army builders.

Then I just noticed at minimate headquarters, on Ask DST #83, one of the responses was, “Chance for more Fantastic Four, updated Rhino, updated Juggernaut.” So who knows, maybe they do listen to those business replies.

(Yeah right) :tongue:

. . . .

Then I just noticed at minimate headquarters, on Ask DST #83, one of the responses was, “Chance for more Fantastic Four, updated Rhino, updated Juggernaut.” So who knows, maybe they do listen to those business replies.

(Yeah right) :tongue:

Well . . . a while ago we at the MMMV DID request an Excalibur box-set, and since then we've gotten Shadowcat, Captain Britain & Rachel Summers. We also request a 'Sister Foes of Spider-Man' et and have since gotten Electro, Scorpion & Vulture within the year . . . .

She's probably not popular enough to warrant it, but i wouldn't mind seeing an updated Lady Deathstrike.

Yes, I'd love to see a new LD that doesn't have banana fingers!

Bah ha ha - Banana-fingers! loves it.

25X, I request Attuma and Tiger shark (both with muscular bodies and duck feet) along with Atlantian Warrior army builders.

They don't need muscle bodies and duck feet imo. Neither is that big.

They're both very muscular, but average sized guys. I think of those pieces on guys sized like Hulk, Juggernaut, Rhino, Apocalypse... the HUGE guys... not the regular sized but beefy guys.

I mean... I'd say it's definately debatable... depending on the artist drawing them, they an both vary in size from huge to just moderately muscular. Same goes for Venom & Sabretooth. But Venom & Sabretooth at least don't use duck feet. So I guess it could go either way...

But I personally think of them as smaller than that. I definately think of Tiger Shark as smaller than Hulk, and with muscles and duck feet, his minimate would be the same size, and I don't think it should be. Look at Tigershark side by side with Red Hulk on an Offenders cover, he's half his size.

No duck feet at the very least.

We've requested _ _ _ _ for years, but we don't have him!

Okay, we really haven't requested Kang and only Kang for years... people exagerrate Kangs overall popularity...

We... as a collective of minimate fans... imo... began requesting Thor, Beast, Ultron, She-Hulk, Archangel, Hawkeye, Deadpool & Gambit all at roughly the same time...

We've also simultaneously requested every single un-made Spider-Man villain, since the dawn of time. Be it Kraven, Mysterio, Sccorpion, Vulture, Sandman, Electro, Lizard, Chameleon, or anyone else I'm forgetting.

First off, Kang didn't even enter the picture until after Ultron was made. And the only reason Kang is so prominant NOW, is because all those other requests have steadily been trickled out over the last few years, starting with Beast & Thor and moving on from there. (I can't be the only one who remembers when Thor & Beast were at the top of everyones want lists. [Which one, depended mainly on if you were an X-Men fan or an Avengers fan, primarily.])

So I'll concede that NOW... Kang is at the top of alot of Avengers fans lists... and alot fo greater Marvel Universe in general lists... I personally would rather have Jubilee, but I'm an X-Men fan. (And I think she's at the top of many X-Men lists atm.)

But he hasn't been steadily requested for years... at least not any more than some of those other characters... Deadpool and Gambit were more important holdouts on many people's lists (Mine included) and they were only made less than a year ago.

I'm not saying he isn't a popular request, he is. But our requests more or less change on a yearly basis.

This is the year of Kang & Jubilee. Who knows what next year might be...

My money is on Falcon & Mr. Sinister.

Edited by Gillbob316

No duck feet at the very least.

I'll go with Tiger Shark not needing a muscle body, but Attuma has some size to him. He might not be Orka size, but I tihnk he is large enough to merrit a muscle body IMO.

As far as the duck feet go, if I have to give up on the duck feet idea, then I am just going to have to go and request a Dark X-Men box set:

Emma Frost (In black)

Sub-Mariner (In his new black garb)

Mimic

Weapon Omega

:biggrin: