UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Boyd's Customs

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, the last of my Green Lantern customs. And what better to finish up with than the Guardians of the Universe?

grdns_unvrse_one.jpg

And with the Guardians comes Ganthet, the Guardian with a personality.

gntht_one.jpg

And by popular request, here's a group shot with all the recent Green Lantern customs:

glc_group.jpg

As always, more images, recipes and write-ups are available at my customs site.

Wow Boyd! These are awesome. I can't stop going back and looking at that G'Nort, really looks like it came off the toy-shelf at Kiddie City! (what my grandma still calls the toys r us that replaced it).

Have you considered the hover bases for the guardians? without legs under their skirts, , it may give a cool look, similar to slimer

my favorite is Sodam Yat, i have wanted to do a custom of him for quite awhile now.... yours is perfect in my opinion!

Thanks, everyone!

Wow Boyd! These are awesome. I can't stop going back and looking at that G'Nort, really looks like it came off the toy-shelf at Kiddie City! (what my grandma still calls the toys r us that replaced it).

Have you considered the hover bases for the guardians? without legs under their skirts, , it may give a cool look, similar to slimer

my favorite is Sodam Yat, i have wanted to do a custom of him for quite awhile now.... yours is perfect in my opinion!

Thank you kindly for the complements. The secret to G'nort was using the Werewolf parts, and trying as hard as possible to make my scuplted parts match the fur pattern. I hadn't thought about using floating stands for the Guardians, but now I might have to revisit.

niiiiiiiice, how about one with the official releases, aye?

Not that Easter is over, I should have time to do one. I'll try to post something this week.

But I think you need THIS to go along with them.

Yeah, I don't think an in-scale Mogo is going to happen until I get a football field. Out of scale Mogo - that I could do. Just need to remember where my Super Ball collection is...

Would Minimate Mogo be a sphere or a cylinder? Or a square a la MMMV? The mind boggles.

My take - if it's a Minimate head (like the Supreme Intelligence), it's a cylinder. Other object retain their natural shape, so Mogo would be a sphere. The exception is Ego the Living Planet, who would be a cylinder because of his face.

Now by popular demand, here's a new group shot of the Lanterns, including all my customs and the DC Direct releases:

glc_group_02.jpg

And by no demand whatsoever, here's my first custom using an extra J. Jonah Jameson - Henry Peter Gyrich!

gyrch_one.jpg

See more of Gyrich or get the recipe (it's a repainted Jonah) over at my customs site.

• 1 month later...