UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

General Minimate Pictures Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exceptionally irresponsible of me. This is the actual use of that piece. (not minimates, so if I need to delete this picture, I will)SRC-Alteisen-HeatHorn02.jpg

This is the Alteisen from the Super Robot Chogokin line. Pretty much the only toy line I collect outside of minimates. Just got it a couple days ago and I was messing around with the pieces today.

Edited by The Geohound

I'm about to Widow-spam the hell out of this thread, so bare with me.

A while back, I commissioned Luke to paint a hairpiece for me. Specifically the Femme Fatales Dawn hairpiece, because I wanted it for my Black Widow. Let's look at the results. New hair placed on all existing Black Widows.

Champions Black Widow

newchampswidow.jpg

Iron Man 2 Black Widow

im2widow.jpg

Avengers Black Widow

avengerswidow.jpg

And a few kitbashes for good measure. Silver setup Black Widow. Mirage's belt isn't quite right, but I had no other options. Face is Magik's.

silverwidow.jpg

And this one is mine. How I will be keeping her. The double widow symbol belts is something of a bother to me, but not enough to not keep me from it.

Minimates-MyWidow.jpg

Avengers Widow Body, Champions Widow belt and bracelets and Maria Hill head. I have chosen this as mine. Luke, thank you so much. I mean it.

And that's the end of the Widow spamming.

Great pix, Geo....but...must...resist...urge to...rub tape residue...off of...Cap's shield!

[RANT]Seriously Zach, is there any way you can request that the factory use a less adhesive tape on the accessories, it is a pain in the @$$, especially after my box of Minimates has been sitting on the porch all day in the sun, waiting for me to get home. I know you mentioned recently that you were going to look into some of the QC issues, maybe you could add this to the list?[/RANT]

Oh man, I know! I spent a couple minutes trying to get it all off (believe it or not, it was much worse than that before I started) until I finally gave up. I agree with YB. I would recommend blue painter's tape, but you can't see through that so it doesn't show things off in the package and then how do you know if you've got everything in there. A less sticky evil tape for all please.

Edited by The Geohound

Great pix, Geo....but...must...resist...urge to...rub tape residue...off of...Cap's shield!

[RANT]Seriously Zach, is there any way you can request that the factory use a less adhesive tape on the accessories, it is a pain in the @$$, especially after my box of Minimates has been sitting on the porch all day in the sun, waiting for me to get home. I know you mentioned recently that you were going to look into some of the QC issues, maybe you could add this to the list?[/RANT]

I'm sure if they had a better option, they'd use it, but I'll ask.

If anyone can find it, I recommend using "Simple Green" cleaning solution to remove the residue left from the tape, comes in a spray bottle.

I just get a paper towel, spray a bit on, and then place the spare head or accessory on the towel, and with my index finger and thumb, rub back and forth for a few seconds on the affected area. Then, I use a dry paper towel.

Works every time.

Adhesive Tapes:

Mr.Printerman says "Dear DST ,specify a clear tape with a silicon adhesive that leaves no residue. These tapes are often called 'ESD tapes' & a specification may exist ( I'm fairly sure that there is) whereby the tape could be die-cut ,this die-cutting would elimate the need to cut the tape each time a piece is required ,this would save time & increase visual impact.I don't doubt that these tapes are more expensive but if they eliminate the problem of residue whilst being easier to apply then it is a no-brainer "

-I am willing to travel to Guangdong Province at a moment's notice to personally impart my full knowledge . :thumbsup:

EDIT : I should have added that this a wonderful thread,amongst my favourites,& I have particulary enjoyed Geo's pics. My comments above are of course serious & I neither find the problem of paint-rub & tape-residue amusing.

Edited by buttheadsmate