UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

General Minimate Pictures Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That bag is a great find!

I hadn't even heard that much. Plus, isn't the ring powered by magic, and not Will? And was the Guardians' involvement from the Golden Age, or has it been retconned recently?

As to why he has the name? He was Golden Age. In Silver Age, they decided to use the same name, but change everything else. It's like Invaders Human Torch android vs. Johnny Storm.

I never-cared-for-Alan/preferred-the-Corps before this publicity stunt, and knew this confusion would take place after.

The Guardians' involvement is part of some post-Crisis retconning. And, yeah, the ring is magic-based, so that means Alan potentially would be able to open a can of whoopass on Superman. One thing I love about the DCU is all of the ridiculous weaknesses- yellow, wood, magic, fire. And somehow Batman has none.

Bah ha ha ha @ Geohound. Well played sir!

@ Lurch! nice beach shots! I never found the red translucent. They look great together as a set though.

Can't wait for TT.

Yep. That's the Marvel Select Deadpool. I don't really collect outside of minimates, so those other two Deadpools were both gifts from friends. I will however be getting the Marvel Select Rhino when it comes out though. really looking forward to that one.

Nice shots, Jay. I especially enjoy the Hulk one, but that might just be because I really like that Hulk mate a lot in general.

widow02.jpg

More Black Widow. The eye is photoshopped for drama and whatnot and the levels are messed with a bit. this is more Photoshopping than I prefer to do in a picture, but I just kind of went with it. And the background wall thing is from the Marvel Select Deadpool.

Somehow I missed this one. I wonder if it'd be possible to get the same effect using Morgain's head from SFII. I think she's the only mate we've ever gotten that isn't looking dead ahead.