UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Halo Minimates

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRU has a limited quantity of wave 2 available right now along with some X-Men and Sony mates. By limited quantity I mean 'sold out' before you try and order them or in your order until they cancel it.

They must only get in one or two cases on initial release with these things. I would assume it's to enter the info into their system before the main stock is delivered. We do something similar at my work where we receive sample book cases sometimes before they're released to have all the info ready before the main shipment is delivered.

Edited by groundhog7s

As promised, here are some pics of the HALO boxed set series 2. Enjoy!

(Click thumbnails for larger images)

Packaging

th_pack01.jpgth_pack02.jpg

Jackal Major & Brute Chieftain

th_brute01.jpgth_brute02.jpgth_brute03.jpg

Spartan (Teal) & Spartan Rogue (green)

th_spartan01.jpgth_spartan02.jpgth_fight-1.jpg

Note: The Jackal major has a brand new sculpted leg below the knee. It is not a foot attachment like the Elites. Surprisingly, it stands relatively good. The Brute Chieftain appears to have much wider hip joints to accommodate his bulky legs. His feet and hand pieces fall off fairly easy.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I hate to say I am underwhelmed. The Brute Chieftain's face just doesn't look right. They should have done an entirely sculpted face with the helmet instead of a slipover helmet.

The Jackal looks ok, but it would have looked less goofy if they had used a slightly open-mouth expression and if the "hair" was spikier.

s3%20jackal.jpg

The Spartan repaints are going to kill this line (at least for me), and they should have just included 1 repaint with the other figure being another enemy or civilian character.

And it's nice that the Jackal has it's shield, but without an offensive weapon, it isn't going to be very effective in battle. :down:

Just got my wave 2 from TRU and they look pretty sweet...except for the Jackal. IMO, second ugliest Minimate ever (just after Mary Jane). I can't do pics until later, but will have some today of these and some Sony mates.

Are you going to showcase any pics today sir? I'm dying to see some new exclusives.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased these as well yesterday. I hope the line does well but I want to see more diversity in the form of species, maybe other characters. I already have a boat load of Spartans, I want to see grunts and different covenant troop molds, maybe those big tank guys with the shields that you need to shoot from behind or the weird floating aliens that were in ODST. Also some flood infected figs would be a nice variation.