UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Baron Zemo

Valo487

"Since you have stated there are currently no plans for everyone’s favorite purple Avenger villain…Kang! What are the chances for a minimate of everyone’s second favorite purple Avenger villain…Baron Zemo? Preferably Helmut Zemo, Heinrich was a doofus.

DSTChuck: I’ve got to be honest with you, I’m not sure Zemo has really been seriously discussed."

Umm.....ok? I have to say, I really don't understand this one. Baron Zemo is arguably Captain America's second biggest villain after the Red Skull, as well as the leader of the Masters of Evil, who have been mentioned as a potential boxset pretty much since Giant Size X-Men came out several years ago, and he's not been seriously discussed? I know sometimes they're vague because they don't want to give stuff away, but the response Chuck gave leads me to believe that's not the case here. Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset or angry about this, just puzzled why one of the big name Marvel villains who has been around for so long and posed a major threat to Captain America and the Avengers hasn't ever been on the table.

Thoughts? Opinions? Should I get a life? That last one's a joke, but feel free, haha.

I grew up reading pretty much exclusively X-Men. I've only recently started reading a couple of other titles, so ihaven't had much exposure to Baron Zemo.

If we look at Marvel Legends, we didn't see a Zemo figure until the second last series ToyBiz released. It took 14 waves, 8 box sets and 1 Face-Off wave before we got one.

I'm not arguing that it's fair or that it's indicative of his true status as a villain. . . but he doesn't seem to be a character that toy manufacturers see as a 'Must Release' figure. In fact - the only other toy i recall of BZ was the old Secret Wars figure.

I personally think he'd make a great looking MiniMate . . . but i can also understand him not being the first Villain that comes to mind when people from outside the Captain America mythology think of when trying to decide on who to materialize as a figure.

I forth that, Baron zemo and the Masters of Evil VI(thunderbolts) should be made into a minimates.Because then that would give us songbird, and complete the modern thunderbolts.

Edited by Scorpion

"Is anybody else having trouble removing Zemo's mask?"

I laughed out loud when I read that... My first comic ever was one of those book and records with Cap and the Falcon fighting the Phoenix, one of Zemo's aliases, and at the end he fell into a big boiling vat of "Adhesive X"!

I too was surprised and disappointed by the answer from AA/DST. I figured at least he would have been seriously considered if not on the list to be made soon.

Zemo's been around for a long while and there's three good choices for minimates (Henrich, Helmut (classic & modern)).

However given AA/DST lack of villains for many years maybe I shouldn't be surprised. I think we got more villains last year than in all previous years combined.

Spiderman's rogue gallery is really the only one that has been focused on by AA/DST. Even the X-men villains are lacking in number. (where are my Blob, Avalanche, Pyro, Toad & Mr Sinister minimates?)

Hopefully the question asked to AA/DST, the discussion here, the Captain America movie and Zemo being a major villain in the new "heroic age" in the comics will help get him made.

Just in case I think I better start work on a custom Zemo.

I guess it's all about which comics you read.

I have no idea who Baron Zemo is. I have no idea who Kang is.

I'm fine with them doing all the Spidey villains cos I know them! I think there's a whole group of us who perhaps aren't into the comics as much as the various cartoons, which is why everyone goes mad for Spidey's rogues gallery and all the 90s X-Men.

I was also a tad bit surprised, but similar to all of us, I'm guessing that the "deciders" at DST have comics they are more or less familiar with, which goes into the decision-making calculus. If DSTStan or whomever was a huge fan of early Avengers comics, I'm sure that Zemo I would have been given more thought. If someone was a fan of the original Thunderbolts, I'm sure that version of Zemo would have received more attention.

Another reason may be that though we have got some great, vintage characters and outfits (first appearance sets, Invaders, Defenders), relatively speaking, we just can't expect a huge focus on that particular era when there are figures from the modern era, the 90s, the 80s, and the 70s to consider. There is so much to Marvel and its history, that maybe it isn't so surprising that the first Masters of Evil and Kang haven't received that much thought.

We need Captain America sets/waves

just from the top of my head

Adolph Hitler

Red skull

Sin(red skulls daughter)

Sin as the new red skull

Crossbones

Baron Zemo I

Baron Zemo II

Arnim Zola

Baron Blood

Baron Strucker

super adaptiod

the entire serpent squad/society

scourge

madcap

Batroc

Mr Hyde

Machete

the Falcon(original green costume)

the Falcon (classic red and white)

the Falcon (modern)

Nomad (Steve Rogers)

street clothes Steve Rogers with a art portfolio case that holds his shield

Diamond back

D-man

Edited by Mattallica

Adolph Hitler

Red skull

Sin(red skulls daughter)

Sin as the new red skull

Crossbones

Baron Zemo I

Baron Zemo II

Arnim Zola

Baron Blood

Baron Strucker

super adaptiod

scourge

madcap

Batroc

Mr Hyde

Machete

the Falcon (modern)

Nomad (Steve Rogers)

Diamond back

D-man

You will NEVER EVER see a Hitler Minimate.

Admittedly, the U.S. is not Asia, and DST is not Medicom. However. . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOKYO-TRIBE-2-SERIES-3...=item1c10e6cf27

Also, there are several Nazi military figures out there. DST has had licenses exclusively targeting adult collectors. It isn't beyond the realm of possibility, though I agree that it is unlikely as long as they are trying to target kids at Toys R Us and avoid potential negative publicity.

Adolph Hitler

Red skull

Sin(red skulls daughter)

Sin as the new red skull

Crossbones

Baron Zemo I

Baron Zemo II

Arnim Zola

Baron Blood

Baron Strucker

super adaptiod

scourge

madcap

Batroc

Mr Hyde

Machete

the Falcon (modern)

Nomad (Steve Rogers)

Diamond back

D-man

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Dolph Lundgren :yes:

For some reason this thought never crossed my mind until now, but He-Man Minimates would be awesome. They would be so colorful and interesting-looking. Not that Mattel would ever allow it.

Adolph Hitler

Red skull

Sin(red skulls daughter)

Sin as the new red skull

Crossbones

Baron Zemo I

Baron Zemo II

Arnim Zola

Baron Blood

Baron Strucker

super adaptiod

scourge

madcap

Batroc

Mr Hyde

Machete

the Falcon (modern)

Nomad (Steve Rogers)

Diamond back

D-man

Don't forget Sharon Carter. A female SHIELD agent would be nice.

In retrospect, I think what bothers me about this is what it likely means for other 'Mates I'd really like to see. I've always thought Captain America could support a wave with his characters, like Falcon, Winter Soldier, Crossbones, Zemo, Zemo variant perhaps? Also, this would also mean that a Masters of Evil set is a long way from happening.

Maybe when the Captain America movie comes out we'll see a change.

"Is anybody else having trouble removing Zemo's mask?"

I laughed out loud when I read that... My first comic ever was one of those book and records with Cap and the Falcon fighting the Phoenix, one of Zemo's aliases, and at the end he fell into a big boiling vat of "Adhesive X"!

I loved that book/record!! While I don't believe it was my first comic (I think that was Avengers #?), it is without a doubt my most reread comic as it stayed at my grandparent's and was read every time that I visited (even into adulthood). So many memories attached to that 'lil "power-record". Hell, now I want a cheesy "Phoenix" Zemo variant (gazillion-to-one odds) to go along with Heinrich and Helmut 'mates (looks like a new custom challenge)! :biggrin:

Edited by cdubya

In retrospect, I think what bothers me about this is what it likely means for other 'Mates I'd really like to see. I've always thought Captain America could support a wave with his characters, like Falcon, Winter Soldier, Crossbones, Zemo, Zemo variant perhaps? Also, this would also mean that a Masters of Evil set is a long way from happening.

SHIELD Army Builder I'm sure. Or can you think of anyone better?

SHIELD Army Builder I'm sure. Or can you think of anyone better?

Nope, that sounds pretty good to me. Preferably the blue and white look, since we got the Army style look in the Ultimates wave.

Yeah, I'll admit I'm surprised that Chuck had generally seemed positive about Songbird, but somehow Zemo's never been discussed. Odd to me. Zemo certainly has one of the better track records of Marvel villains, and one of the few that's even brifly managed to conquer the whole world. You'd think you get more respect for that. >shrug<