UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates 4

I'm in no matter what the charity is. I just wonder if we could do either superheroes (original concept) or supervillains (original concept) this time around. I've been itching for a project like charitymates or some custom contest to surface and give the board customizers something to flex their creativity with.

On Luke's topic of Haiti, how about a charity that helps with natural disaster relief. We could make supervillains based off of natural disasters: Tornado, Hurricane, Earthquake, Volcano, Tsunami, Flooding, Avalanche, Blizzard, etc.

The project title could be called : The Legion of Natural Disasters!!!

Err... I like the environmental theme, but "The Legion of Natural Disasters: a Haiti Benefit Project" seems.. well, like ripping the scab off a bit too soon maybe? :ermm:

Well the idea was to make VILLAINS, cause villains are BAD just like natural disasters. Sorry if my idea came off as being too soon, but when would a charity for a natural disaster ever be considered perfect timing? Consider my natural disaster villains idea formally withdrawn. I don't want to over turn the apple cart. Like I said, I'll jump on board whatever the charity turns out to be.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great suggestions so far guys! Just to throw out another one, how about we create a convoy of robots for Convoy of Hope? They are distributing meals to starving people in places like Haiti and Chili right now. Robots are always fun to customize, and there is still a ton of possibilities for each one to be completely unique. Maybe the robots could be based on a country, or intended to fight a specific disaster / ailment.

Actually... that sounds like fun. I assume we couldn't do stuff like Optimus Prime and Ultron though, could we?

I've thought about this today and am also for robots. But only if I get dibs on the robot, 'Rob-Eavis', the old, cratchety English android who gives his commentaries on most situations (even when no one acknowledges him). Think of a less gay C-3PO with puns.

Sounds like robots it is! :)

They do have to be robots of our own creation, or else public domain characters. So no Transformers, Star Wars droids, Fembots, or Johnny 5. So that gives us three options:

1. Totally free-form robot design

2. Robots representing a certain county in the world

3. Robots to fight a particular disaster or ailment

Please post which one you would prefer. And is everyone ok with matching the theme to the charity? A convoy of robots for Convoy of Hope?

I'm just going to repost Groundhogs statements as they match my sentiments exactly! :D

"I think totally free-form robots would be best. If anything, it'd allow for the other two options you mentioned.

And I'm all for Convoy of Hope. I think they seem like a wonderful organization that has proven to save lives on a somewhat global scale."

Greeting. I have been away from the boards for a long time and would like to come out of retirement to participate in this venture. Please count me in.

Free Form Robots sounds good, like it was said....the custom could go into the other 2 categories you mentioned.

And Convoy of Hope is a good charity, I say we go with it.

Lets just have plenty of time to work on this project, I dunno about everyone else but I've had some things come up recently and I'm going to be traveling back and forth from here to back home a bit more often than normal so I might need just a bit more time once this gets going.