UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 36 new pic

battlecat

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Key word is major. Only two or three of those strike me as major and that's Jackal, Morbius, and Tombstone (him only because of Spectacular Spider-Man.)

Demogoblin... not major. Speed Demon? You're kidding right? Molten Man isn't a villain anymore last I checked. And Doppel is a bit off a joke. Cardiac... who's he again?

Kidding? Moi? Speed Demon and Boomerang are essential to filling out the Sinister Syndicate. With the Beetle of course. ;) Molten Man made far, far more appearances as a villain than an ally and current status doesn't change that. And in fact, Mark attacked Spider-Man in his last two appearances. Demo and Doppel... no.. their not major but they are cool visuals. And Cardiac... okay, yeah you got me on that one. Not so much a "major" Spider-Foe as "Obscure 8th tier Spider-Man related character that Miry happens to like". <_< Would you have preferred I swapped out for Puma, Stegron, and Will O' Wisp?

Guy Who Shot Uncle Ben.

This guy? Oh wait, you probably didn't mean the Horrible-Retcon-In-A-Crappy-Sequel Guy Who Shot Uncle Ben... :yucky:

As for Cardiac, I think we need a waiting period before any more characters with huge '90s shoulder pads, after that Cable mate -- surely he used up the quota!

Edited by battlecat

Guy Who Shot Uncle Ben.

This guy? Oh wait, you probably didn't mean the Horrible-Retcon-In-A-Crappy-Sequel Guy Who Shot Uncle Ben... :yucky:

As for Cardiac, I think we need a waiting period before any more characters with huge '90s shoulder pads, after that Cable mate -- surely he used up the quota!

according to wikipedia Caradine (first name never given in comic) shot uncle ben.

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Uncle_Ben

Key word is major. Only two or three of those strike me as major and that's Jackal, Morbius, and Tombstone (him only because of Spectacular Spider-Man.)

Demogoblin... not major. Speed Demon? You're kidding right? Molten Man isn't a villain anymore last I checked. And Doppel is a bit off a joke. Cardiac... who's he again?

Kidding? Moi? Speed Demon and Boomerang are essential to filling out the Sinister Syndicate. With the Beetle of course. ;) Molten Man made far, far more appearances as a villain than an ally and current status doesn't change that. And in fact, Mark attacked Spider-Man in his last two appearances. Demo and Doppel... no.. their not major but they are cool visuals. And Cardiac... okay, yeah you got me on that one. Not so much a "major" Spider-Foe as "Obscure 8th tier Spider-Man related character that Miry happens to like". <_< Would you have preferred I swapped out for Puma, Stegron, and Will O' Wisp?

Now if you had put The Beetle in that list I would have taken it a lot more seriously. However, you didn't. I do think The Beetle would be awesome to have and I still cannot get over the fact that people keep saying he's an Iron Man villain or an Iron Man armor! He's Spidey's dammit!!!

And yeah... Beetle would be nice. Boomerang... I have to say is a great joke character. Loved his ultimate costume. However, as an actual spidey enemy he's pathetic. But if he gets us The Beetle I'll take him!

Puma... Well... maybe. But it'll be cold day in hell when we get Will O the Wisp honestly. However the way things are going right now... it probably will happen soon. So if it does he better come with a yellow version of M Bison's Giant Purple Energy Blast. It would be perfect to show off his wispyness.

according to wikipedia Caradine (first name never given in comic) shot uncle ben.

Yeah I know, I was just bitching about the stupid retcon in Spider-Man 3 -- it's mentioned in that wiki article. Ran across the movie on TV the other day and it reopened the wound! :P

Now if you had put The Beetle in that list I would have taken it a lot more seriously. However, you didn't. I do think The Beetle would be awesome to have and I still cannot get over the fact that people keep saying he's an Iron Man villain or an Iron Man armor! He's Spidey's dammit!!!

And yeah... Beetle would be nice.

Beetle got included in my much repeated request for an Armor Wars boxed set because 1) Jenkins used stolen Stark tech purchased from Hammer when he upgraded his battle suit and as such was put on Tony's hit list, 2) He's green and purple, which would have helped balance out what was looking to be a very red set, 3) I like the the character and the design and was looking for any excuse to get him into the line. But since wave 36 includes both a redo of Silver Centurion and Crimson Dynamo, that flushes the whole idea. Since Abe has been Mach somenumber for about 15 years now, the Beetle seems very unlikely.

Dreadnought reminds me of stupid X-Men villain Danger.

http://marvel.com/universe/Danger

Dreadnoughts came way first. First designed by Hydra as a single assasin droid to kill Fury, (which it obviously failed to do) the plans were stolen by Madame Masque's Maggia crime family. Masque put the robots into mass production and began using them against her enemies, including trying to take back criminal territory she felt the Maggia had lost to AIM and Hydra. Though essentially high grade cannon fodder, AIM was impressed enough that they tried to develope Dreadnoughts of their own, which like every other Advanced Idea, proved an epic fail. Despite only having a good track record at attacking other cannon fodder packed villainous organizations, they still turn up from time to time in attempts to defeat actual costumed heroes. Think of it this way, if the 616 were a 10 level side scrolling video game, Dreadnoughts would be the like the level 8 or 9 minions.

• 1 month later...

After seeing the TRU pics this week, the in package pics of this are kind of 'meh'. I'd much rather be seeing out of package pics of these (not the prototypes) or was hoping for some wave 37 pics. Still, it's nice to be reminded that it's nice to finally be getting an all (non-movie) Iron Man wave finally.

The TRU release of regular wave figures has led me to drastically cut down on my full, regular wave ordering. It happened with the IM2 movie wave, and it's probably gonna happen here. There is nothing in the regular wave that I want not released at TRU, with the exception of Mandarin variant. And I could live without him, frankly.

Yeah, I would be pissed if I were comic shops/e-tailers nowadays.

• 3 weeks later...
I'll be thrilled when this set and the Spider-Man 4 pack come out. Characters I've been waiting for since they started making minimates.

Wait wait wait what? A Spider-Man 4-pack? A NEW Spider-Man 4-pack? Who's in it?

I'll be thrilled when this set and the Spider-Man 4 pack come out. Characters I've been waiting for since they started making minimates.

Wait wait wait what? A Spider-Man 4-pack? A NEW Spider-Man 4-pack? Who's in it?

Actually most likely Friends and Foes. But no promises that I didn't miss anything.

This series gets more tempting all the time. What comes out after this again? I forget...

the one with The Lizard I think...

Yeah - that's the one.

Spider-Man & Lizard

Professor X & X-Force Warpath

Thing & Doombot

variant: Thing (trenchcoat)

Yeah - that's the one.

Spider-Man & Lizard

Professor X & X-Force Warpath

Thing & Doombot

variant: Thing (trenchcoat)

I hope we see pics of this wave soon. I want see if Professor X comes with his hoverchair and how they do the Lizard.

Has the release of this wave been moved back? Big bad toy store is now showing a July 2010 release.

Luke's store says it's expected to ship in May. *shrug*

My guess is it will be available early-mid June.

Unfortunately now that Matt is no longer with DST, they never update their shipping schedule. I have tried contacting them for updated release dates, but have received no response.

Has the release of this wave been moved back? Big bad toy store is now showing a July 2010 release.

Luke's store says it's expected to ship in May. *shrug*

My guess is it will be available early-mid June.

Unfortunately now that Matt is no longer with DST, they never update their shipping schedule. I have tried contacting them for updated release dates, but have received no response.

No worries. Sometimes, guessing is part of the fun. :P