UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 36 new pic

battlecat

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe whoever compiled the individual shots into the group shot just grabbed the first seven images in sight, so accidentally doubled up on Mandarin? They did leave Ult. Spider-Woman off the group shot a little while back.

I would assume that BBTS has the variant wrong.

It looks like they just cut-and-paste the DST product description. It could still be a mistake, of course.

Edited by battlecat

I did notice the hands, and that's really cool that they included them. "Classic" Mandarin still completely lacks rings... which is wierd. You'd think they'd at least PS some on there.

And Wilbur stores spare stilts on his back... sweet.

Shame about the Dynamo not making the group shot. Hopefully the individual proto-shots will turn up soon.

I do hope that the Silver Centurion has a "repulsor hand" this time. The prototype shown at the toy fair looked a LOT better. Never thought I'd see a minimate look pin headed, but there it is.

Neo looks awsome. Very Bob Layton face.

Odd that classic Mandy doesn't have rings. Very cool that "Modern" Mandy has green, scaly hands from that era in the comics.

I hope that both the Iron Men will have those sholder peices as moveable, like the rings around the arms on the classic Iron Man's shoulders and the latest classic Wolverine with the shoulder pads as removable. That'd be killer.

I hope that both the Iron Men will have those shoulder pieces as movable, like the rings around the arms on the classic Iron Man's shoulders and the latest classic Wolverine with the shoulder pads as removable. That'd be killer.

Just from the pics... the only difference between Silver Centurions are a neck ring, some hair for helmetless Tony, and different shades of paint. Which is to say, the chest/shoulder piece is solid and will limit movement. Both the BBTS pic and a shot from TF seem to bear that out.

But on the other hand, Neo's shoulder armor look like separate parts.

I hope that both the Iron Men will have those shoulder pieces as movable, like the rings around the arms on the classic Iron Man's shoulders and the latest classic Wolverine with the shoulder pads as removable. That'd be killer.

Just from the pics... the only difference between Silver Centurions are a neck ring, some hair for helmetless Tony, and different shades of paint. Which is to say, the chest/shoulder piece is solid and will limit movement. Both the BBTS pic and a shot from TF seem to bear that out.

But on the other hand, Neo's shoulder armor look like separate parts.

They are definately using a new chest piece for Centurion. Compare with the MMDB pic and one can see a much larger triangle and shroter shoulder flares. And the large bar thing at the neck doesn't exist on the new one.

They are definately using a new chest piece for Centurion. Compare with the MMDB pic and one can see a much larger triangle and shroter shoulder flares. And the large bar thing at the neck doesn't exist on the new one.

Ooooo. Forgot the boots on the old one were painted on. Still has built in shoulder pads, so even though I was mosly wrong...

The Art Asylum blog has just released a photo of the Crimson Dynamo and an explanation as to why he wasn't included in the promo pics.

So - for anyone who was worried that he might not be included in wave 36, fear not!

'At the time of the listing in Previews the Crimson Dynamo was not ready to show, so for those of you interested, here he is.'

post-2737-1267279572_thumb.jpg

The Art Asylum blog has just released a photo of the Crimson Dynamo and an explanation as to why he wasn't included in the promo pics.

So - for anyone who was worried that he might not be included in wave 36, fear not!

'At the time of the listing in Previews the Crimson Dynamo was not ready to show, so for those of you interested, here he is.'

post-2737-1267279572_thumb.jpg

Very, very nice. Easiy my favorite of the wave. And in this case, they don't need extra hair for when the helmet comes off, as Dimitri Burhkov (sp) in always dipicted bald.

So I was looking at various toy news sites this afternoon, being a wonderful combination of OCD and ADD, and I noticed this picture from the TF last week. See what I see? No, not the curious lack of rings.

It's the label line from the decal they used for his chest detail. Think we should forward them the helpfully article from the Factory on how to apply those and not let you "seams" show?

So I was looking at various toy news sites this afternoon, being a wonderful combination of OCD and ADD, and I noticed this picture from the TF last week. See what I see? No, not the curious lack of rings.

It's the label line from the decal they used for his chest detail. Think we should forward them the helpfully article from the Factory on how to apply those and not let you "seams" show?

Prototypes often have not so subtle decal lines and joints that are painted solid.

T.

Very cool! I love getting Iron Man minimates but it is also very cool to be getting a bunch of IM villains too!

True that! My heroes far outnumber my villains right now. I'm not saying that's necessarily bad, but I could use a change of villainy, if you know what I'm saying.

True that! My heroes far outnumber my villains right now. I'm not saying that's necessarily bad, but I could use a change of villainy, if you know what I'm saying.

Sadly you could have one of each character made, (e.i. count Wolverine, Iron Man, etc only once despite multiple versions) add in a second army builder for each type, and eight extra Skrulls from the SI set, and the good guys still outnumber the bad guys by a lot.

Of course, the bad guys have Mephisto, the Beyonder and Thanos... so it's probably more even than you think ;)

• 3 weeks later...
I doubt that they are released too soon we only just saw the prototypes.

I'm sure your right minimadman, but then again if someone told me DST was going to rlease wave 34 early and push back wave 35, I probably would not have believed that either.

Curious though, I wonder how long it has been since they showed us prototypes of wave 34 and this months release date?

Well, wave 34 pics started being shown on November 6 of last year. Packaged pics were shown on February 15. BBTS got them in on March 10. So, the timeline was:

3 months, 9 days from debut to packaged pics

23 days from packaged pics to release

total of 4 months, 4 days from debut to release

Now, that's probably not a normal timeline since no one else but BBTS got these. But, if you want to go by this, then middle June should be when they hit.