UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

I've only pre-ordered one thing from CSC a few years ago, so I don't have much experience in that area, but I can say one thing--they have more, older Minimates in stock than any other retailer around.

OK I'm back in....I used to order everything from Cornerstore......... Conerstore only. 'I had like a standing order ' which worked OK until I realised everybody else was getting stuff way before me unless it was '24' 'Rocky' or some other lame-duck they couldn't shift. If it was hot....I'd be last in line..if not ...I'd get a case whether I'd ordered them or not. Wave 25 was the end......it is all written in other threads.

Sam is absolutely right CSC have some stock of some old stuff & I still buy it......via Paypal never with a piece of plastic. That isn't vindictive just common sense.

Can we please talk about Iron-Man Minimates!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For whatever it's worth, my two cents...

I've used CornerStoreComics.com for about 10 waves of minimates now and I've had zero problems with them. (I know tha's not the case for some of you, so take my input as you will.)

I mainly started using them because they're so much cheaper. I always hated ordering from AFX because of their ridiculous shipping rates. Both CornerStore's regular prices and their shipping rates are lower than ShopAFX and BigBadToyStore, pretty much all the time.

I more or less always order on or close the week of release, for new waves of minimates. I don't preorder, but usually the website still says they're preorders, because they haven't updated yet. They still always ship within the week.

All and all CornerStoreComics has been wonderful for me. The only website I ever didn't recieve minimates I ordered from was ToyRocket.com, but that was mainly because they went bankrupt and don't exist now. AFX and BigBad, I've ordered from, and didn't have problems with, but as I said, neither can beat CornerStore's prices.

I hate to sound like I'm a sales rep for CornerStore, lol... I'm not... but like I said, they've been good for me. Just my two cents.

My 2 cents.... One dollar off what BBTS charges is not "so much cheaper". And for me, saving ONE dollar isn't worth it when you factor in Cornerstore's ridiculous practices of charging people a 15% "Re-stocking fee" to cancel PRE-orders, where with BBTS you control your own ordering system and can make changes whenever you'd like to.

That, and Cornerstore was responsible for one of the biggest breaches of credit card numbers among collectors that the toy collecting community has ever seen.

Then there's the whole 'not filling pre-orders' thing. I'll never shop with CSC again unless I absolutely have to.

But see I usually do big orders... I order like... 4 waves of minimates at once. And possibly some box sets along with them. Cornerstore usually has box sets for 12.99-13.99, other sites usually 13.99-14.99. So if AFX is 14.99 and cornerstore is 12.99, lets say im saving $2 on every box set I'm ordering, $2-$4 on the overall cheaper shipping, at least a dollar on each of those 4 waves. Which isn't even always the case, btw. BBTS had waves 24 through 30 for about $30-$32 which is $8 more, not $1 more, for those of you keeping score. :P CornerStore's waves have been consistantly $23.99.

So, saving anywhere from 1 to 8 dollars per wave, 2 to 3 dollars per boxed set, and 2 to 4 dollars on shipping, it adds up fast. At the end of the order I generally find myself saving anywhere from $10 to $20, or more, and yes, to me that is "So much cheaper" (PS. I always total up the whole cart at BBTS, AFX and CornerStore when I do an order to see who's cheapest. So far, AFX and BBTS have never come close to winning.)

SOOOOO... end of the day, I say again. I have never personally had a problem with CornerStore, they have always been the cheapest option I could find, and I'd recommend them.

Wheras AFX once sent me a broken variant, when I ordered a full wave, and offered only to replace it with the non-variant set from the same wave... which bugged me to no end, since I had no need of the non-variant set.

Everyone has different experiences with different stores. I can only offer opinions on my experiences with CornerStore, which have all been good.

EDIT:

Just to run some quick numbers, I just ordered Waves 27, 33, 34 & The Spidey Friends and Foes set from Cornerstore. They totaled $84.96 before shipping. The same items total $95.96 before shipping at BBTS (And 27 is out of stock, so I can't even really get it). That's $11 bucks, and I'm poor, so that IS alotta money to me. :P

I was also able to order a set of 6 Iron Man Single-Packs from Cornerstore for $30, which is an option BBTS doesn't even offer. They only offer a case of 12 for $50, which is essentially 2 free, I'll admit, but since I have no desire to get extra generic drones that my Local Store will probably be clearancing off in a month anyway, the 2 free doesn't really appeal to me. I'd rather have the $20 than the 6 extra drones. If I got two extra Justin Hammers, then they might have something. :P

BUT... I feel like I'm getting all up in arms now, which REALLY wasn't what I meant to start off like, I swear... I'm just saying I think CornerStore gets a bad wrap. *Shrug* They've never given me problems, wheras AFX has. And BBTS is just too expensive, and always sold out of everything, so I can almost never get everything I want from them in one order anyway. :P

BUT... I'll say again, Everyone has different experiences with different stores. *Shrug*

Edited by Gillbob316

BBTS had waves 24 through 30 for about $30-$32 which is $8 more, not $1 more, for those of you keeping score. :P CornerStore's waves have been consistantly $23.99.

BBTS sold all those waves for 24.99 at release. Sometimes they dig up a few sets of a sold out wave and up the price, which is probably what you saw.

Edited by battlecat

Can we please talk about Iron-Man Minimates!

yes,

TBTH I don't care about cornerstore comics or BBTS this is about Iron man minimates, discuss shipping prices, wave allocation and everything else not related to iron man in another thread,

I don't want to sound like a d**k but when i saw the topic reply i hoped someone had found them, not the whole cornerstore comics thing again

Rant over........Bring on the drones

Went yesterday but no such animal. I did find the Mega Bloks sets for buy one get one half off. So i bought some Iron Man 2 sets for parts to spruce up my armory. I'll post up some picks later. I made a "power generator" for it. :P

I checked today at TRU but nothing. When I asked at the customer service desk if they were in stock or would be soon, the lady went on-line and told me that they're not in stock on the website. I'm not sure why she wouldn't check in their store's system, but at that point I realized I was dealing with a new level of incompetence at their store and left.

Iron Man 2 minimates are now in stock at toysrus.com

There's no pictures or minimates in the title but the item description, price and manufacturer all match.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3933195

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3933196

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3933197

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3933198

no hunting needed for new minimates! :highfive2:

Thanks for the links. Black Widow and Rhodes are sold out already.

Weird that it's just that one that's sold out - the others have plenty left in stock.

This raises my hopes that these will be in stores soon.

Yeah, either someone entered the wrong amount in inventory, someone's harding them or the short-packed scenario has become one pack in every five cases.

And when you're ordering, don't forget to pick up an extra Dark Reign four pack for $5.98. There's only 784 left in stock, so hurry now.

Edited by groundhog7s

Thanks for the head's up! Hard to order, because I'm tempted by the Dark Avengers deal and the possibility of picking up extra an extra Storm and Cap pack. . .but I must be strong. *Repeats to self: "there is no need for multiples in my collection, there is no need for multiples in my collection, there is no need for multiples in my collection"*

So...no in-store sightings?

Check a few pages back. There's a link to a Fwoosh thread where a New Yorker found a full case. Pics of every Minimate except the Iron Man/Whiplash set.

Just started reading the Novel today and i'm about 65 pages in. I REALLY want that Senate Hearing Stark now. :)