UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke, are you the only on-line retailer that is selling singles that you know of? I haven't noticed anywhere else and I'm sure it helps that you're doing it.

I was expecting Sci-Fi Genre to sell them individually, as they are one of the only other online retailers to sell the 2-packs individually, but it looks like they aren't carrying them. A google product search shows me as the only one, so it might be true.

If the single packs are selling like hot cakes, I might need to put in another pre-order to help flesh out the army ;).

It's great to hear so far they're working. Hopefully Diamond will re-release the other Army Builders in this fashion. Heck, I'd happily have "Battle Damaged AIM Agent" or BD Hydra etc. if it gives us some more to work with (which I appreciate is hypocritical when before I've expressed a dislike for BD).

I got my order in for a box of 12 with Luke this morning, along with the Spiderman 4-pack, and his custom Zombies kit. I can't wait for these, although I'm having some serious space issues at the moment. This is the first time I have been "smart" and ordered one of the dump cases early. It cost me a fortune for a case of the Battle Star Cylons, and I never got around to the Terminator ones.

Edited by Mrtankengine

packaged exclusive pics

And too bad no one saw this coming...

From todays' 'Ask DST' misc. Q&A:

Bob White

Will the Iron Man Mark IV Borders exclusive be offered online or just in stores? I'm hoping not to have to go to eBay to be able to get one. Thanks

DSTChuck: To be honest I don't know Borders' intentions. Its their first MM exclusive with us so I hope they offer it everywhere but since they are buying by the assortment it might be hard for them to offer the MM on their website.

Now, I'm assuming Chuck meant Marvel Movie exclusive, since there's a Marvel Select Iron Man exclusive to Border's, but is there a chance there's a MK IV Minimate exclusive to them also?

That's what happened with the TRU exclusive Gauntlet Tony Stark set too, wasn't it? It just had the back of the LSC wave on it. I expect they just do that if there's an odd exclusive here or there, for cost reasons. I'm sure the TRU exclusive wave will have its own back picture showing off the wave.

I'm also guessing it's just a Borders US exclusive. I'm not sure Borders UK even exists now.

Oh well, my idea of being a completist with Iron Man 2 stuff was always going to be a tough ask.

It is good to see that there is interest from a store other than TRU though. Who knows what this could mean for the future of Minimates? Somewhere like Borders could conceivably take up the kind of exclusives Tower Records and FYE used to.

They don't seem to sell toys adult collectables online.... so this is a walk-in purchase only?

Probably. However, for the benefit of those outside the US, there are Borders all over the place in major cities. They are the largest brick and mortar book seller in the US and I'd assume these will be somewhat easy to find if you can have someone here help you with them.

I never liked the Tower Records exclusives - too stressful trying to track them down, especially when I was living in a city that shut down their Tower stores before the Super-Skrull exclusive came out. So I'm having the same kind of irrational fears reading about a new Borders exclusive, even though there is literally a Borders less than 6 blocks from me right now.

I did love Tower selling Minimates through their web site, though. Got a lot of variants from them. I'll be very happy if Borders puts these online.

Sweet Christmas, this is getting nuts. So let's see that's a 4 two pack regular wave, 4 exclusive 2 packs for 3 different vendors, a 4 pack that I can't remember if its exclusive or not, and 6 singles that no one but Luke is selling by the figure... that about right? 29 minimates (30 if you count the main army builder twice) Darn tootin' being an IM2 completist is gonna be tough.

Has anyone e-mailed Borders to ask if they will be available online?

I didn't ask online, but I asked a week ago about the Marvel Select figures at my B&M store. I was shown where they would be if they had them. But they didn't know what I was talking about, nor did they seem to have any idea of how to look up on their computer to learn what I was talking about.

Some employees can be real hard to deal with. <_<

On a *hopefully* happier note, my LCS is supposed to be holding a full Dump case for me to pick up after work today.