UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRus Series 5 pics. Swordsman and more!!

fwoosheyman

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, brobotc, that would so rock... see now you got me feelin' hopeful. I better go try to find some JLU 3 packs at Target again, or Animated Electrostatic Soundwave at Wal Mart so I can get back in a defeatiist frame of mind.

is anyone else doing the midnight black friday thing?

at TRU?

What's this you speak of? 0-o

TRU is opening at midnight to kick off Black Friday... Guess they didnt learn anything from that person getting trampled at that Walmart in Long Island last year... Then again I seriously doubt they will have any crowd at all.

is anyone else doing the midnight black friday thing?

at TRU?

Back in the day day when stores opened merely at 5:00 or so, I went that early a couple of years just out of curiosity, to say that I've experienced that bit of Americana. And I learned some things:

1) If you really want to be first on the floor, you have to show up even earlier so you can stand in line for an hour before the doors open.

2) Unless you plan on kung-fu fighting burly, white-trash housewives for those door-buster deals, go a couple hours after the doors open. The regular sale items will still be there and the store environment will be much saner.

3) Considering the hourly rate I charge my clients, no store has yet to offer a sale that makes it worth my time to go anywhere near a mall of any description on Black Friday. If you want to go, only do so for the novelty of it. (Or for Zhu Zhu hamsters. :D )

Edited by Cappy

I really hope these come out tonight. I plan on being pretty wasted/mischievous so I might stop at a couple openers to see what all the hullabaloo and sales are. But these mates are the ultimate goal of the night lol. Everyone is blowing up the swordsman/silver surfer but that drug running old man hawkeye is a mighty fine mate.

I'm actually skeptical these or the Secret Wars sets will show up in huge numbers tonight. I don't think they're the kind of "doorbuster" items TRU will spend a lot of energy to make sure they have in stock. Two TRUs I spoke with yesterday said they didn't show any new Minimates on their truck for this week...

I work directly next door to a TRU and have to be at work tomorrow at 7 so I plan on just going a little earlier than I have to be at work and checking my TRU and if they have them I will just stash them somewhere and go back on my lunch after the lines die down to pick them up. I doubt they are going to show up though. My TRU c/s person also said they have no new minimates this week but I always check anyway considering the track record of TRU c/s agents. I would rather they show up next week when there isn't a huge crowd of people to deal with.

well the Toysrus in Florida will not have new minimates tomorrow. Stopped by last night and my friend looked up the Secret Wars box and normal minimate 2packs. The 2packs are still on order but not pending to the warehouse yet. The Secret Wars box is pending to the warehouse, so that could mean late next week possibly.

I got there tonight at midnight and saw the line stretched almost two blocks, said f-it and left. I could not believe the crowd and figured that the scalpers were probably the first ones in line, so anything someone may be looking for that is rare would be gone right away.

I went at 2am, no line to get in but HELLA long lines to get out. No minimates what so ever though so if you didn't go good on ya. (I did however stop at Gamestop, they opened 2 hours earlier then their early opening at 4am so I'm done with Black Friday before most people even get to go into the stores. WHEEE!)

Don't assume it was all scalpers. A lot of them were probably parents looking for those darn robo-hamsters.

I got there tonight at midnight and saw the line stretched almost two blocks, said f-it and left. I could not believe the crowd and figured that the scalpers were probably the first ones in line, so anything someone may be looking for that is rare would be gone right away.

That's what happened to me, too. It's kind of funny how stores are able to create shopping "events" like this. I talked to a couple people as I was following the line to its end, and some of them didn't even have a specific thing they were waiting in line to buy – they were just standing in line for hours for the opportunity to shop at midnight.

I went to get an Ipod Touch because they were offering a 50 dollar gift card and I had a 10 dollar off coupon. The line literally wrapped around the building (which is a TRU and Petco) two times! It was raining and about 45 degrees, I might add! We had a "decent" spot, but after waiting about 90 minutes, employees came around with tickets for electronic items. Guess what was already sold out. :angry:

Screw TRU.last night i went and i only found bucky/aim soldier 2-pack.biggest waist ever.seriously.and the news channel showed up.so i flipped the bird to the camera.Black Friday Sucks.Big time.

Nuff' Said

LOL wow you're a petulant little fucker aren' t you?

Is thre anyneed to get this upset over not finding someting that was likely not going to be there anyway?

Most of us would be happy to find the bucky/aim pack in our TRU's... we never even saw that wave here!

T.

p.s. flipping the bird to the camera is a surefire way to not get on the news ;)

Screw TRU.last night i went and i only found bucky/aim soldier 2-pack.biggest waist ever.seriously.and the news channel showed up.so i flipped the bird to the camera.Black Friday Sucks.Big time.

Nuff' Said

LOL wow you're a petulant little fucker aren' t you?

Is thre anyneed to get this upset over not finding someting that was likely not going to be there anyway?

Most of us would be happy to find the bucky/aim pack in our TRU's... we never even saw that wave here!

T.

p.s. flipping the bird to the camera is a surefire way to not get on the news ;)

im very impatient, yes.but you would understand if youre were standing in line for 3-hours and people decide to cut you just because youre a kid,and when you finally get there,theres only one marvel,even my dad was pissed because he thought it was a waist of time.

BTW just a little reminder,i dont know if it was just my TRU but the minimates prices dont change,just a heads up.i did pick up that bucky and a couple BSG,but thats pretty much it.besides this was my first black friday.

Edited by brobotc

No luck whatsoever. I got at TRU at about 12:30, a bit after they opened and they had NO marvel, except one Wolverine movie pack. That was it.

I was a bit disappointed, but i went in half expecting a long ass line and no luck, and that's what i got. You basically got to take a step every 3 or 4 minutes, it was awful. I was in there for about an hour, and left empty handed. Eh, not exactly a good experience but it was a learning one. At least now I know I never want to do it again.

Edited by McDurg

Went in early this morning, only a much of BSG flyers, and 1 2-pack.But of all the days in the world, they get another truck in tonite so i might have to stop by again.

Nada at my TRU too. There were no restocks on minimates at all. Here's hopin that at least the Secret Wars set shows up next week. I was kind of hoping for this week so I could use a rewards r us 5$ card that expires on monday but I am sure I can find something else to buy.