UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRus Series 5 pics. Swordsman and more!!

fwoosheyman

Don't assume it was all scalpers. A lot of them were probably parents looking for those darn robo-hamsters.

I'm sure there were normal parents in line near the front trying to get things for there kids too. I am so happy my daughter bought one of those damn hamsters when they first came out and weren't popular yet.

Also, I returned to the same TRU this afternoon and they had a ton of the Wolverine origins minimates, 2 Elektro/Spidey packs and 2 Ultimate Hulk/Iron Man packs. I went a couple aisles over and found the Ghostbusters minimates and ended up picking up a Slimed Venkman/ Slimer set. I was short on cash after buying a few books, otherwise I would have grabbed the Egon/Library Ghost and Washington Square Ghost/Courtroom Venkman set also. The place was still a madhouse, but at least there were no lines this time :)

Edited by THE_CRIPPLER

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had to work today all day, so yeah, dosen't matter since I wouldn't have gone. I'm going to wait til late jan/ late feb to start looking for em, I have my technique ;)

Sounds like you will be looking on eBay if you wait that long.

Not if they show up in his neighborhood a month or two after the rest of the lucky few who find them.

I went to pick some things up for my kids and looked in on the 'mates - no dice. However, I've learned that stores stock for the ad on Black Friday - since there were no mates in the ad, I really had no expectation that there would be anything new. In actuality, the best shot will be the week AFTER black friday - now that all the shelf space has been freed up, store like TRU will begin filling with their regular merch.

I went to pick some things up for my kids and looked in on the 'mates - no dice. However, I've learned that stores stock for the ad on Black Friday - since there were no mates in the ad, I really had no expectation that there would be anything new. In actuality, the best shot will be the week AFTER black friday - now that all the shelf space has been freed up, store like TRU will begin filling with their regular merch.

Pretty much like last year. Nothing on black friday, then the week after....BAMM!!! they started hitting. Went last night, the line was way too long to wait for ANYTHING, let alone minimates that 'might' show up.

No sign at mine tonight, although I didn't really expect them, usually a few days after you guys find them they turn up here. They had a lot of the Secret Wars set though. I was glad to see the Marvel Mates pegs rather barren, so hopefully we'll see more Mates in the future(at better ratios.) I can't complain because I've never been unable to find any of them at TRU, but I'll pick up what other people need if there are any takers. I'm claiming the Swordsman/Surfer pack, and the two old guys for myself, but whatever doubles there are I don't mind picking up, I'll post whenever they turn up and let you guys know what I have.

I'm not sure whether this can be considered good news or just another grey hair waiting to happen.

Ah well, had a TRU run (for an Imaginext Riddler car for the youngest from the oldest) scheduled for tomorrow. One never knows, I might get lucky... lmao.gif

Edited by Mirymate

I'll have to post pics tomorrow. My wife had the digital camera last, I have looked for it, but I can't find it, and I am not waking her up.

(she wakes up to get ready for work at 4:30 in morning and I am not going to get her up just to ask her where the camera is)

So don't worry i'll take some pics tomorrow.