UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hong Kong & Chinese Baldymates

We all must have seen the ever-increasing job-lots of Minimates turning up on ebay but until recently this involved mainly dirty, wonky-legged ,bald C3 figures in batches of a dozen or so. There are some new kids on the block & they have some pretty interesting stuff that may change the way I collect. Take a look at these http://shop.ebay.com/firefoxzorro/m.html?_...=&_osacat=0

If you like your 'Mates 'Shaven but not stirred' these are for you :D But actually it's not funny because these are not fakes ,they are the real deal & I'm tempted to bid on them myself & just wait a few months for later waves to show up.

We all must have seen the ever-increasing job-lots of Minimates turning up on ebay but until recently this involved mainly dirty, wonky-legged ,bald C3 figures in batches of a dozen or so. There are some new kids on the block & they have some pretty interesting stuff that may change the way I collect. Take a look at these http://shop.ebay.com/firefoxzorro/m.html?_...=&_osacat=0

If you like your 'Mates 'Shaven but not stirred' these are for you :D But actually it's not funny because these are not fakes ,they are the real deal & I'm tempted to bid on them myself & just wait a few months for later waves to show up.

Thanks BHM,

I have put in a bid on the set with 26 ( incl two incomplete Steath IM's) for a project I've working on, so please dont outbid me!

T.

I always look upon these factory second figures as the perfect base figures for customs. Capes etc are always useful, I'm thinking about going for one of those displayed that show a Riddler as I fancy doing a Dum Dum custom from Lukes site.

Thanks BHM,

I have put in a bid on the set with 26 ( incl two incomplete Steath IM's) for a project I've working on, so please dont outbid me!

T.

No problem TBT ..I'll back off because this is merely the beginning of a deluge of Baldymates. If I had 3 Stealth Baldymate Iron Mans I wouldn't list two in one auction ......unless I had loads more to get rid of :ohmy:

Blue Stealth Iron Man is ....from today.....officially ...common. Whats next?

The auction I won't be backing off on is the inevitable, forthcoming .....'Hairpiece & Helmet Auction'......trust me ,it's coming to an ebay site soon :rolleyes:

I may get back into printing.....knock-off Minimate packaging :whistling:

Edited by buttheadsmate

I really want the set with nightcrawler and storm. I haven't used ebay in a long time and actually closed out my account because I was sick of the high seller fees and paypal also taking a bit of whatever money I make. I may just have to open a new account though.....

THat was pretty hair-raising Bhm. I would think that locks of members here would flock to the auctions in abaldness.

There are alot of mane marvel characters in there. I wouldn't quaff too much about mary jane being absent.

I would like some cheap Stealth Iron Men. . .I know that some collectors feel differently, but I will choose figure availability over rarity and long-term value any day. So, I don't mind these reject variants popping up.

I really want the set with nightcrawler and storm. I haven't used ebay in a long time and actually closed out my account because I was sick of the high seller fees and paypal also taking a bit of whatever money I make. I may just have to open a new account though.....

Just to save you any potential heartache, Crippler, take a close look as the Nightcrawler in the picture... the left hand is just a standard white hand, not a Nightcrawler hand.

Caveat Emptor.

Just to save you any potential heartache, Crippler, take a close look as the Nightcrawler in the picture... the left hand is just a standard white hand, not a Nightcrawler hand.

Caveat Emptor.

I noticed. I have a Nightcrawler sitting here that just needs a crotch piece to be completed. Some day he will be complete!

I noticed. I have a Nightcrawler sitting here that just needs a crotch piece to be completed. Some day he will be complete!

Do you need the tail, or just the crotch piece?

Just the crotch piece. One of the leg ball joints snapped off when I tried to move his leg.

I've ordered from them twice on ebay now and both times were fine. Very fast shipping, considering where they are coming from too. They combine shipping as well. I won a bunch of mates the last time and the shipping was reasonable. They seem to have an endless supply of LOTR stuff.

Read the descriptions carefully. Many of their mates are incomplete, as has already been discussed. Weapons and other accessories may not be included. But for the price I paid per mate, it was fine.

• 5 weeks later...

Just to let you know that this guy has obviously been rumbled & is no longer a registered ebay user.

If a deal looks too good to be true.....it usually is !

Edit: I noticed this http://cgi.ebay.com/LOTR-Minimates-King-Th...=item27acf0615d plus similar from a 'new' seller .......just saying !!!!!!!

Edited by buttheadsmate

Actually, I won several of the auctions in question, and received everything promptly and as described. So in this case, it wasn't too good to be true.

It seemed a little odd to me that he was off ebay, having literally thousands of positive feedback marks and only two negatives. I wonder if there was some sort of ... imperial entanglement.

... One of the leg ball joints snapped off when I tried to move his leg.

You really are the crippler

:)

Edited by TITAN