Battle Beasts Minimates

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ram_VORIN+01.jpg

A lot more at Valerio Schiti blog.

Thanks for the share!

Please do not pay money for the crummy business cards we handed out at C2E2. They are not collectibles.

Ha, I use to make business cards for a living, you'd be surprised how some things are incredibly desirable for people.

wish I could still find one of these :(

Edited by b00sted

Thought the SDCC was cape up? Now this one will be as well?

Still some of my unanswered stuff if you got a sec is. What all is going to be up for grabs at SDCC? Just the 2 pack? Or can I get that 3rd variant cover there as well? New posters? some uber rare promos? I need answers man lol.

also if you could answer the PM I sent you I would love ya forever ;)

Let's see... SDCC will have a 2-pack, a third SDCC cover on the comic, giveaway posters (not sure which), possibly giveaway ashcans again and MAYBE a giveaway figure, we'll see. Probably more of your favorite business cards, as well!

Trying to get a Curnow/Farinas/Brereton signing to happen, too.

Thought the SDCC was cape up? Now this one will be as well?

Still some of my unanswered stuff if you got a sec is. What all is going to be up for grabs at SDCC? Just the 2 pack? Or can I get that 3rd variant cover there as well? New posters? some uber rare promos? I need answers man lol.

also if you could answer the PM I sent you I would love ya forever ;)

Let's see... SDCC will have a 2-pack, a third SDCC cover on the comic, giveaway posters (not sure which), possibly giveaway ashcans again and MAYBE a giveaway figure, we'll see. Probably more of your favorite business cards, as well!

Trying to get a Curnow/Farinas/Brereton signing to happen, too.

Thanks, since I am not going and sending someone that also has a booth there I need to make sure I send him with a mission in mind lol.

and mmm sexy

Front%20Cover.jpg

Edited by b00sted

slowly coming together.. I think I may need to find a new red vorin as mine the arms keep falling off and his sword wont straighten out :( I got a gator out getting a custom paint job and cant wait to see how it turns out.. it should look quite BA once I get it back :)

2012-06-01%2020.08.28.jpg

slowly coming together.. I think I may need to find a new red vorin as mine the arms keep falling off and his sword wont straighten out :( I got a gator out getting a custom paint job and cant wait to see how it turns out.. it should look quite BA once I get it back :)

2012-06-01%2020.08.28.jpg

Well when one minimate's hands are falling apart I take them apart and on the place I need I put a little glue. I spread it a little and I let it dry. Then I re assemble the hand and put it in its place. I've had some accidents(first appereance ryu's and hawkeye's hands to be permenantly glued in one pose) but all the other times it worked.

I thought I would drop this in here since everyone in the main thread loves them some marvel minimates lol

what do you guys think? Overall I am a lil sad with Zik I think I just got my expectations to high. With all the talk of sculpted parts and wont even be able to tell battle beasts are mini mates it just kind of feels like a bit of a letdown with the printed torso. I think Vroin looks awesome but this will be my 4th Vorin to my collection. Thoughts?

sdcc1.jpg

I really hope they rethink the line if they are going the way of zik. He could of been so awesome. I was so stoked about picking these up I even had my guy picking me up a bunch of these which of as this morning I have now retracted to just what I had to get for people I owe. I been a long supporter of DST but the Zik kinda pushed me to the Beast Saga side of things I think.. I just dont know. It is hard to tell since only thing I have saw of this line is a gator which was a proof of concept. Vorin and now this dragonfly thing..

Digging Vorin a lot, Now I'm hoping we can get a fully painted version of him with the Cape up like the promos have been. As I assumed, Zach said Zik was just tossed together because they didn't have the BB molds ready yet. As it is, I'll be adding some armor to it in hopes that makes it better. Been thinking of adding spare arms from a GB Theater Ghost since those look more insect like.

Am I the only one excited about poor Zik?

From a parts point of view I can't wait to get my hands on his hands to give my Wolfsbane some real claws and I'm sure I'll find a use for his wings as well. While the rest of the parts will go into the bin until inspiration hits.

I do agree that he needs a weapon or two but, being a flying character, armor would likely make him seem overly bulky.

Am I the only one excited about poor Zik?

From a parts point of view I can't wait to get my hands on his hands to give my Wolfsbane some real claws and I'm sure I'll find a use for his wings as well. While the rest of the parts will go into the bin until inspiration hits.

I do agree that he needs a weapon or two but, being a flying character, armor would likely make him seem overly bulky.

some of us are not minimate collectors but just here because of the love of the beasts, just a bit of a letdown is all.

Seems like a display with all kinds of distinctive Minimate versions of these creatures will be nice. Bug guy does look scrawny compared to goat man, but it gives him some character IMO. I'm not a big fan of this line in general thus far, but I do like the variety they seem to be going for.

Edited by karamazov80

If what Zach says is true, that he was "just for fun" (Zik) because the others arent done....then I can only speculate the others are going to be as amazing as Vorin. b00sted....dont lose hope yet, wait for them to come out!

If what Zach says is true, that he was "just for fun" (Zik) because the others arent done....then I can only speculate the others are going to be as amazing as Vorin. b00sted....dont lose hope yet, wait for them to come out!

I love it when SDCC exclusives are something I'm not interested in, cause I usually can't get them anyway.

Check out the comments on Little Rubber Guys...

Kingjaja: Please tell me that the dragonfly in the above listed picture looks nothing like the beasts that will be part of the actual set.

Onyxiaphil: Is that really one of the new BBs??? It can't be....

FANtomCore: oh my, that dragonfly looks terrible, i hope it's an incomplete shot and not a final product.

jkaris (LRG Admin): That has to be pre-armor or a photoshop joke. I doubt anyone in production would let that thing go public. It is that bad. You can tell it isn't legit, or if it is, it isn't final when you compare it to the Gator and Ram, both of which are pretty damn sweet!

ironmask: Hahahahahahaha It looks like shit. I hope that isn't all, haha, otherwise, I'll have to get a bigger soapbox

glass67: I wasn't a fan at all of the ram figure, but this one is garbage. On the other hand, this fig really makes the ram look a lot better. Was that the plan all along? Hmm...

I'm supporting Beast Saga, but I really hope that fans of the DST "Battle Beasts" have something better to look forward to than this, which is really just insulting.

WhiteLeo (LRG Admin): Oh, my god! The Battle Beast name is going to go down in effing flames! What the hell are you guys at Diamond doing to this toy line? Oh, well I know for sure I won't be buying any ever. Sorry, Beast Saga is the way to go.

ironmask: Hold on... Zach will show up any day now, to tell you that when you see these on shelves, you'll change your mind, and that... Well, he "Gets it". Haha It seems awfully apparent, that this is just another shameless, callow, and lazy cash grab. Sadly, they fail to realize that the BB name will amount to precisely shit, when they are done with it.

cassel87: i have to agree. the insect sculpt made it clear, this line will probably only be collected by minimate collectors.

Toxoviper: I have thought about purchasing some mini-mates myself from the Marvel and Ghostbuster lines. But they should have left the Battle Beasts name alone. It's like having a Spider-man superhero mini-mate line that that is not the Marvel hero we all know but a Six armed Spider Beast. I would have just sold the Ram if the other sculpts were not ready in time. How long have they had to produce these ? That dragonfly(?) is just a embarrassment to the brand and to the fans expecting something more. But to be fair it looks like the standard mini-mate.

PlasticSoul: That insect has no "sculpt". It's just a lego block with a half-ass paint job.

I obviously cherry picked comments but my first thought when I saw Zik was, "Woa, what are those Rubber dudes gonna do when they see this!!!!!"

Zik is very different from the rest of Series 1. We needed someone for Vorin to fight in this two-pack, and Zik was the route we went. Series 1 figures are still in development, and will be debuted at SDCC.

Edited by Zach Oat