UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

infinity gauntlet set

undeadpool

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I'm completely floored by this set. My only small wish was that it would be the current Drax that was "reborn" in Annilation. But, of course, that wouldn't make sense for this set.

This is seriously awesome.

Thats a very nice set is it going to be a AFX exclusive. I realy like the new thanos. Anybody else remember when the thanos silversurfer pack was supposed to have a vac metal silver surfer.

it is listed as a 'px' exclusive which means it is a previews exclusive and will be availale in all comic shops and anywhere that orders through previews

Jeff of the Miniacs

Wow. That's random and totally welcomed. :blink:

Hmm...never thought i'd see this. Cosmic-Marvel ain't really my thing, but this looks promising. I have the two Silver Surfer Masterworks volumes, so i know enough about Mephisto, always wanted but could never find a cheap Thanos, heard of Adam Worlock but didn't need him, and have no clue who the hell Drax is but he looks great. :lol: Looks to be a great set; shame my wallet hung himself.

And now my eyes hurt from those bright colors. :blink:

Not sure whether I'm more surprised by yet another boxset coming out, or the fact that there are Minimate fingers in that picture...

Cosmic Marvel's not my thing, but this has got to make a lot of members happy, so I can dig it...

Infinity Gauntlet is yet another 'hole' in my Marvel knowledge, so forgive me when I say I was just about to ask about "why the fingers on Thanos' gauntlets...."

..... doh! ............... This must be the integral part of the story-line huh? :blush:

Not sure whether I'm more surprised by yet another boxset coming out, or the fact that there are Minimate fingers in that picture...

Cosmic Marvel's not my thing, but this has got to make a lot of members happy, so I can dig it...

Infinity Gauntlet is yet another 'hole' in my Marvel knowledge, so forgive me when I say I was just about to ask about "why the fingers on Thanos' gauntlets...."

..... doh! ............... This must be the integral part of the story-line huh? :blush:

I think part of the reason they added fingers to the gauntlet is on the original thanos they had them as they normally would, and they just looked horrible. And I also think that they wanted to make the gauntlet as important looking on the figure as they did in the comic

By the way, I can't believe this set doesn't include Spidey or Wolvie.

Oh now you've done it. They'll probably pull one and throw in a Wolvie or Spidey @ the 11th hour. :P

Wow this set is AWESOME. The Minimate brand just keeps getting better. At this rate we should have most of Marvel universe Within the next couple of years. :lol::lol:

The Infinity Gauntlet is a wonderful story..I would highly recommend anyone pick it up.

When i was a younger lad, I read it several times.

The Gauntlet had 6 (i believe) infinity gems that when combined gave Thanos ultimate power, in the first issue alone he snapped his fingers and wiped out half of all life in the universe just to get lady death hot beneath her robes..

Awesome! I'm a big fan of the Cosmic Marvel, so I've been waiting for this set for a long time. My absolute favorite Marvel character is the Silver Surfer, so I'm super pumped to see a Mephisto minimate. I have the original Thanos minimate, which I thought worked pretty well, and I do agree that this new Thanos looks a little over-done. Adam Warlock and Drax look fantastic, as well. I'm definitely gonna pre-order this. If I'm lucky, maybe we'll see some more Cosmic Marvel. (Heralds of Galactus, anyone? Maybe an Annihilation box set?)

Speaking of the Infinity Gauntlet, the six Infinity Gems are still out there. I know that on paper they were supposed to be hidden away by each of the members of the Illuminati (the first one, not the cheapo Dark Reign one :P) never to be seen again, but to me they just spell out one big fat "Chekhov's Gun", waiting to be re-unleashed the next time somebody feels compelled to bring Captain America back...

Whoops, rambling again. ;)

Back on topic: I actually kinda like the new fisted Thanos. I kinda agree with Doc that the "regular" Minimate hand shape looked pretty dorky on a guy who's supposed to be a mad Titan. But now these new hand pieces fit Thanos' personality perfectly, and should probably be embraced as a nice new Minimate innovation like the T-1000 splat!torso. And if I had any artistic talent at all, I would probably even get a spare Thanos just so I can use his fists for a Ronan the Accuser custom. :D

WOW! I'm super excited by this boxset. I've always loved the cosmic stuff and felt one of the problems with this line is how under-represented it is in minimates. I love this set! adam warlock is so cool, and mephisto is off the charts. Drax is awesome too, i always suspected they'd do the god of war loooking drax, if they made him which i didn't like. Another cool thing bout draz is even tho it's a infinity gautlet and thats when drax started turning into a huge space hulk, when he gets minmated, his size makes him look just like good ol classic drax. I have the old thanos which s a reallly good figure, i hope this onemakes him a touch bigger.

Thanks DST for representing more cosmic characters, I passed on the Gamora, Nova, set originally cause I only collect Classic Versions of 616 characters, but now i'm gonna pick it up to go with all this. So we got like

Now we really, really, really need Captain Marvel [so perfec for variants], Annihilus, Ronan, The Watcher, and some kree army builders to go against the skrulls.

Now if only they'd start doing more horror/monster based figures, thats another thing i find under-represented now.

I've always loved the cosmic stuff and felt one of the problems with this line is how under-represented it is in minimates.

Agreed. Captain Marvel is a must.

I think part of the reason they added fingers to the gauntlet is on the original thanos they had them as they normally would, and they just looked horrible.

Really? I thought his little Gauntlets were cute. I have a little beef with these new gauntlets because they aren't consistent with MiniMate lore. So far, characters with digits usually have 3 fingers and a thumb, eg: Carnage, Venom, Lady Deathstrike, etc . . . In fact, the trend was continued when Characters like the Thing, who in the comics features 1 less digit (3 fingers & a thumb) were sculpted to have only 2 fingers and a thumb as MiniMates.

So - If we do get sculpted digits on the new Thanos - i hope they revise his Gauntlets to feature 3 fingers instead of 4.

PS: Rant aside, i freaking LOVE this set. It's going to give us some awesome new characters & the preview image is so brightly coloured that it hurts my eyes! This set is full of all kinds of Awesome!

So - If we do get sculpted digits on the new Thanos - i hope they revise his Gauntlets to feature 3 fingers instead of 4.

Though old I learn quickly by reading the thread. Thanos has a gauntlet with 6 gems which are apparently not to be messed with . He has one gem on each finger & one in the palm(?). The set is called 'The infinity Gauntlet' set & is so named because (I'll help you with this...) of the...gauntlet. The whole point of the set is the gauntlet & I reckon they thought that it would be clever to emphasise....the gauntlets & their fingers .

Did you notice the Skrulls in the Secret Invasion set?? :P

One of Marvel's best covers ever. I had just gotten into comics a little before IG came out. The first comic I ever bought off the shelf was Silver Surfer #33, the issue before Thanos returned to the Marvel U. Ron Lim's artwork kept me on through the Thanos story line and the writing kept me on through Thanos Quest and then Infinity Gauntlet. My sister was dating a comic store manager at the time and I was able to get every crossover (which was a big thing since I was still in school at the time). To this day, it's still my favorite crossover. I'd rather have seen an updated Silver Surfer instead of Mephisto in this, but this set is still one of the coolest ideas they've had.

Cosmic Marvel isn't my cup of tea, so i'll be skipping these, but i'm still amazed by the amount of new Minimates released/due this year.

Hope this trend becomes the norm into 2010 too!?

I'm also surprised DST didn't hold most of this info back until SDCC, i'm guessing they still have a few surprises left up their sleave that will be revealed.