UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Black Widow sneak peek up at AFX

murderofcrows

Oh phew, I thought you were taking a cue from groundhog's new avatar. (uh-oh...)

Ha ha, Pixies reference!

Great Scott!

You got the pixies right, but zero points for the HEAD CRAB cue in capital letters.

Of course I am slightly infected by that granny groundhog7 virus and was refering to it. :P

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got the pixies right, but zero points for the HEAD CRAB cue in capital letters.

Of course I am slightly infected by that granny groundhog7 virus and was refering to it. :P

Well he DID make that new "crabhead" avatar of his after I brought up "headcrab" so... yeah.

Back on topic: Champions boxset! If I had to guess some accessories for this one I'll root for:

-some guns for Black Widow

-Hercules' mace-thingy

-a chain for Ghost Rider? Would a chain be character-accurate for the Johnny Blaze version? Oh, WHY is there no minimate-scale hellcycle... :(

Back on topic: Champions boxset! If I had to guess some accessories for this one I'll root for:

-some guns for Black Widow icon_haken.gif

-a chain for Ghost Rider? icon_haken.gif

-Hercules' mace-thingy :no:

Forget about this "mace-thingy" thingy. U know what would like totally rock, if Herc'd come wit that awesome thing here showing off how strong he is! Oh Yeah! That'd be HARDCORE!!!!!!!111

Ehem.

Sorry.

Ha ha, Pixies reference!

Next AFX exclusive: Pixies box set :buttrock:

With all respect to you and the Pixies, I'd say, next AFX exclusive: The Wrecking Crew Box-Set!

(Or Penance, Songbird, Moonstone and Swordsman as the new Thunderbolts!)

So is this the first boxset that no one will complain about having the wrong characters picked?

Could anyone have complained about Giant Sized X-Men?

Um, me? It's an amazing set, but it still bothers me it came with Thunderbird. It could have easily have been Banshee or Sunfire, both of which have continued on in comics for years, but instead it was Thuderbird. Until they make a Banshee/Sunfire two pack to go with GSXM boxset, it's still not the best choice to me.

Yeah, but it was a "Giant Sized X-Men #1" set, not an "X-Men" set. Though I also would have preferred some other X-Men to Thunderbird, he was one of those bursting out of the comic, so the fit perfectly with the group the set was supposed to represent.

I am almost amazed at the amount of love for this box-set ,I must be about the only one here to have read (some not all) of the Champions when they came out. Obviously the love is for the characters ,who are all first-class, but the Champions team itself is not a 'must-have' comic series. GSX takes some beating as a box-set but The Defenders nigh on do it ,in fact I think they actually get my vote & a lot more affordable.

Now, I think the box itself is the coolest looking Minimate thing made, but I just wish it didn't have Thunderbird in it. I suppose a good question is how much the box art for GSXM contributed to it's sales and/or Minimate sales in general?

I agree. Sadly, the box is the one thing I don't have from that set :(

I am almost amazed at the amount of love for this box-set ,I must be about the only one here to have read (some not all) of the Champions when they came out. Obviously the love is for the characters ,who are all first-class, but the Champions team itself is not a 'must-have' comic series. GSX takes some beating as a box-set but The Defenders nigh on do it ,in fact I think they actually get my vote & a lot more affordable.

I think you are right about the characters. I've never read an issue of the Champions, but Classic Ghost Rider and Angel have me extremely psyched about this set. And though I mentioned earlier that I think the GSXM set is the one fewest people could have complaints about regarding the inclusion of "wrong" characters, I may also prefer the Defenders set. The Defenders set is just a thing of beauty in every way--in a way, having fewer characters included makes it better, because there is absolutely no "filler". That is still, by far, my favorite Hulk.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm thinking we need to have a future wave of two-packs for the characters who never made it into the box sets but should have (or CWNMIITBSBSH for short):

Iceman and Darkstar (Champions)

Banshee and Sunfire (Giant-Size X-Men)

Nighthawk and Hellcat (Defenders)

Yes. Call me crazy, but I would actually prefer any of these to a "Movie Logan/Agent Zero" or a "repackaged Hulk/Abomination" exclusive 2-pack.

Edited by karamazov80

I don't take the time to post here that often, but I just had to chime in how happy I am that this set does NOT include Spider-man, Wolverine, Captain America, Hulk, or Iron Man.

I'm not a big Champions fan, but I will buy this set to support the lack of these five that have been done to death as MiniMates.

I also love that the redos are still very different from the original MM releases: Ghost Rider and Angel. Black Widow and Hercules are welcome additions to my MM collection.

Thank you AFX for offering these! I had e-mailed them about my wishes for a Battlestar Galactica Final Five Cylon set, and had to chime in how excited I was for the Champions set.

I'm thinking we need to have a future wave of two-packs for the characters who never made it into the box sets but should have (or CWNMIITBSBSH for short):

Toro and regular jim hammond(invaders)

Thor and i guess another captain america(avengers)

I second that motion. You could also call it the 'Drew the Short Straw' wave. And there could also be a Secret Invasion boxset of characters more deserving than Jewel to be in a boxset.

Skrull Mockingbird. Skrull Black Bolt. Nuff said.

So is this the first boxset that no one will complain about having the wrong characters picked?

Could anyone have complained about Giant Sized X-Men?

Look to be honest - i would have much preferred Sunfire & Banshee in place of Cyclops & Wolverine. . . like this sets line-up:

post-2737-1235789348_thumb.jpg

But i also understand that Wolverine & Cyclops were bigger characters and appeared on the cover of GSX, which is why they were included.

The Champions box set has me really excited. I think we have a box-set where NO-ONE will whine about the line-up. Even in GSXM, people were angry about Thunderbird (which i, personally, was STOKED about). These truly are the Champions, my friends!

Edited by Nessex

Skrull Mockingbird. Skrull Black Bolt. Nuff said.

I would be fine with this, but if a Black Bolt were released in a 2-pack, I would think that the chances for an Inhumans box set would go way down. Still not sure how they are gonna fit Spidey into that set, but. . .

If this Champions set sells the way I think it will it can REALLY open up some doors for other boxsets not featuring the "Marvel 5".

Inhumans, more defenders, hellf fire club (shout out to luke), x force, next wave....etc.

buy buy buy!!!!

moc847

If this Champions set sells the way I think it will it can REALLY open up some doors for other boxsets not featuring the "Marvel 5".

Inhumans, more defenders, hellf fire club (shout out to luke), x force, next wave....etc.

buy buy buy!!!!

moc847

THUNDERBOLTS!!!!