UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Black Widow sneak peek up at AFX

murderofcrows

Hmm... (wild theories afoot)

Defenders? Invaders? And now (hypothetically) Champions?

I'm sensing some sort of pattern here: Aside from the usual "big comic event" (i.e. Marvel Zombies, Civil War. Secret Invasion), "character-centric" (i.e. Classic Spidey, IM/Wolverine Through The Ages) and movie-based (i.e. Hostile Takeover, Punisher War Zone) boxsets, it seems the "obscure" teams that get picked for the boxset treatment are associated with a sort of "landmark" moment in comics in a similar manner as GSXM and Avengers #1. IIRC Invaders was of course the WWII-based team, Defenders one of the early "outcast" teams, and if we get Champions then a team with the (dubious) distinction of being the first West Coast-based one.

For some reason I'm now pondering on the possibility of a Heroes For Hire boxset...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it isn't Hercules...then I would not expect to see a Hercules. I mean this is HIS team.

So cross your fingers and see you all in 2 weeks for the final reveal!

moc847

There are 2 ways to reply to that:

#1 "Hercules will of course be included,it is his team!"

#2 "The Avengers Box Set will of course have Thor & Captain America in it !"

....but I cannot now conceive that it won't be Hercules.

Following from drgn's post, I truthfully don't think that every box set needs one of the "big 5" (just the vast majority of them), but if not, then they need at least 2 semi-big names to make up for the one missing "big" name. I think that Ghostrider and Angel qualify. I don't think Hercules and Black Widow are as well known as the other 2 (to my knowledge, neither has been shown in a Marvel movie yet), but on the whole, this box set can get some X-Men fans' attention (who are familiar with Angel), some Ghostrider fans' attention, and some broad Avenger and Marvel fans' attention with the others. Based on character selection, I think it has the potential to be a reasonably popular set.

according to the marvel universe handbook #3,it list the champions:

angel-check

black widow-check

ghost rider-check

iceman-we already got him so check

so its either hercules or darkstar, either way we're getting a champions of LA Ese!

I'm sure the characters are strong enough to make this a successful box-set whilst Black Widow ,I believe ,will be in Iron Man 2". I'm probably wrong but wasn't a 'Natasha' mentioned in the first film?

I remember there were rumors of Hilary Swank filming a cameo as Natasha, but either it was cut, or just a rumor.

Black Widow and Hawkeye are both appearing in Iron Man II, as "more than cameos," so her character is becoming more well known to the general audience.

Maybe DST is just testing the waters to see if a box set can survive without one of the big 5 being included.

iceman-we already got him so check

We also have versions of Angel and Ghost Rider, as well.

Not quite. We do not have Johnny Blaze as Ghost Rider as those Ghost Riders we DO have are not his costume.

And Angel is Death Archangel which was, if you put on the accessories that he came with, a villain. So he's not quite Angel. And the other one is blue-skinned and metal winged still to be called Archangel which is a different name. So it's NOT Angel, it's ARCHangel

And yes, I'm just being an asshole. I have to do it at least once a day and you guys got the booby prize.

And as for Natasha mentioned in Iron Man 1, I don't remember it. But a casting call for a "Natasha" was made recently so she's there.

This seems like a cool set so far. I like the Ghost Rider.

And yes, I'm just being an asshole. I have to do it at least once a day and you guys got the booby prize.

:lol:

All that you say is true, of course, but I think it would be just as easy to justify an updated Iceman as anything. The existing Minimate is pretty popular, and though I like the original Minimate version (in all of his incarnations) just fine, I would like to see how AA would handle an update.

Of course, I would more strongly prefer a new character like Hercules.

Black widow-check

I thought she was Russian?

I will be watching Iron Man again soon & I'm pretty sure that 'Natasha' is mentioned either in passing conversation or in a phone call.No big deal but now I'm intrigued.

I don't remember her being mentioned in the Movie, but i do recall her name as well as the name of Crimson Dynamo's "pilot" being mentioned as a list of names slated to be used in IM2. I could be, and am probably, wrong, but you never know...

i love having a black widow...

:nono:

You're in top game today huh BHM?

Anybody seen Dinobot? Ain't he, like, you know, somehow, "into" the Black Widow?

That's Black Cat, man. Or at least I'm pretty sure it's Black Cat he likes.

I think it would be just as easy to justify an updated Iceman as anything. The existing Minimate is pretty popular, and though I like the original Minimate version (in all of his incarnations) just fine, I would like to see how AA would handle an update.

Personally I'm a little skeptical on updating Iceman. I believe the original wave 11 version (the clear and frosted ones) is as perfect an interpretation of the character as we can possibly hope for. If there's anybody from that wave that needs to be re-done, it's either Rogue or Bishop.

Then again, one POSSIBLE update approach they can use is an all-clear version of Iceman in his civilian uniform (kinda like Gamma Hulk).

i really hope it's Herc cuz i don't care a spit about the Ghost Rider so would not want to spend 16 just to get Black Widow and Angel... and another Hulk. def would pass.

As far as BW being in IM2, i recently read that Scarlett Johansen either recently read/was in talks/has the role.