UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toys R Us Marvel Minimates exclusive in Toyfare

hellpop

That's some good news! I can't wait till it comes out and I can pick up the Wonderman/ Union Jack exclusive. By the way, did the article mention when it would come out?

Either way, I'm still hoping series 28 has some of the figures I've been hoping are made into minimate form:

Series#28

Hercules-Kang

Black Panther-Klaw

Black Bolt-Medusa

Black Bolt-(chase) Maximus

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet a lot of these are going to be exported to the UK. :P And I always thought that Union Jack would be paired with Captain Britain.

So does anybody actually have any of the Marvel Minimates still in stock at their TRU? I was at one over the weekend and just saw empty pegs that need filling.

My TRU never got any of the recent releases so I had to get help from a forum member and order some on the website so this set had better be available online since my TRU seems to not be getting any mates for some reason. This new exclusive is a weird pairing but new minimates nonetheless so I am very excited! We definitely need some pics quick. . . . .or maybe (fingers crossed) I will get my Toyfare in the mail today or tomorrow!

Chuck's quote almost seems to suggest that there are future plans for Ms. Marvel and Wonder Man:

Narrowing it down more was difficult, but we eliminated Ms Marvel and Wonder Man (can’t say why)

Can I call it or what?

That being said, I wish they'd have used one of the numerous jacket pieces they've made over the years to create an honest to goodness jacket for him. As he is, he looks a bit puny.

Still, Union Jack looks awesome and the added bit to the old Blade belt really goes a long way to cover the "no budget for new parts" problem.

I'll have to start a massive campaign at the local Toys R Us to get these on shelves, because I doubt I'll get lucky enough to find them in the online store twice.

I don't believe they put in a release date... I never actually buy Toyfare, but just flip through it in the shop. Isn't that what it's there for? :D

I can't go to the bathroom without Wizard magazine or Toyfare. I go only twice a month but I'm in there a LONG time.

I'll have to start a massive campaign at the local Toys R Us to get these on shelves, because I doubt I'll get lucky enough to find them in the online store twice.

I just hope they release more than one pack per TRU. Minimates vanish from my TRUs in less than a week.

Hot diggity... a new TRU exclusive! :woot: And I really have to second a lot of guys here... that is the WEIRDEST Minimate pairing I've ever heard.

boyd beat me to it, but here's another pic with his various costumes:

post-560-1234380885_thumb.jpg

BS

Well, it's nice to know the first Wonder Man minimate's mullet look had an actual comic precedent. :P

Awesome! I can't wait to add another Union Jack to my collection (thanks to Luke's awesome UJ custom).

As for Wonder Man - I've always been more partial to his ionic look but this one looks good to. So who's starting the official TRU Stalking.....er.....TRU Visitation thread? :)

Seems like if they were giving us a British hero, that it would be someone else, due to a ) his popularity broadly; and b ) his popularity on these boards specifically. Maybe they have something else up their sleeve. . .?

I predict that these will be released at TRU along with wave 27 sans variant, for obvious reasons. Skrull 2-pack at retail! :buttrock:

Yeah, boy! Now you're talkin'!

C'mon fellas, let's all lobby for the Nighthawk/Kang 2-pack. Whadoyasay?! :D

YES!

That's some good news! I can't wait till it comes out and I can pick up the Wonderman/ Union Jack exclusive. By the way, did the article mention when it would come out?

Either way, I'm still hoping series 28 has some of the figures I've been hoping are made into minimate form:

Series#28

Hercules-Kang

Black Panther-Klaw

Black Bolt-Medusa

Black Bolt-(chase) Maximus

YES YES!

NICE!!!

odd combo, but one i want to own none the less!

Hey Luke...since they are copying you, can you make a Kang already? :)

moc847

MK

YES YES YES!

Bee-YOO-tiful ideas all around!

:D

Edited by Mystery Man

I just realized that the Wonder Man minimate is sporting the turtle neck piece found on the movie version of Jigsaw. I don't know why, but I love that accessory even though I hate turtle necks in real life. Man... I'm tired... I should go to bed. I'm yakin' about turtle necks for God's sake.