Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way. No f***ing WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my wishlist!

Movie-Wise

Nanny Janosz & baby carriage (all translucent)

Pink slimed Ray, Egon, and Winston

GB1 Janine

not so dirty Louis with the colander thing

GB2 Louis with EARMUFFS!

Bus Driver Slimer

Proper Library Ghost (Eleanor Twitty) both before & after transformation, not the strange inbetween that was released

Orange Jacket Peter would be awesome!

Slime Tub would be out of this world!

new accessories including the Tri-Pod trap, a jar of pink slime, and a dancing toaster! oh, and Vigo's demon-head that could fit on Slime-Blower Ray. (and Vigo's painting as a stand!)

Ray & Winston out of uniform... neither of them got one (not including Court Room Ray as he has a Proton Pack)

Ooh, a white Stay Puft with burn marks on him

An alternate head & hands for the RGB Logo Ghost to make the 2nd movie's logo

Game Wise

the rookie with beefed up Proton Pack would be nice.

The Spider-Witch

Cartoon Wise

PEOPLEBUSTERS!!!!!!!! We ain't afraid of no People!!!

the Grundel would be neat

The Main 4 in civvy clothes

and more GHOSTS! the cartoon was littered with great ghosts (yes most of them were one-shot deals, but their designs are begging to be minimateized)

I'm not going to say the Ecto-1 because DST has said on many occasions they CAN'T do it, legally, so I'm not going to mention it. Though it would look nice

(it could just be a new bank that might work with Minimates)

Speaking of... scale-wise, does that upcoming Light-up Firehouse match up to minimates? I have to admit it’s *really* tempting, but I don’t want it it’s way too small...

also want to say I’d be down for a full of set of EVERY GB variant released using Janine’s pack for a sleeker look (GB1, blue GB2, tan GB2, animated ‘movie’ costumes/spectral, marshmallow mess, RGB if they have new expressions) I already have a custom set of the RGB like that and they’re among my favorite looks but I’d gladly take some more official ones (and if this is a “legacy” type deal I’ll be buying two of each set PLUS enough RGB heads to make the animated guys in EVERY new costume variant)

Better?:

http://www.toyark.com/news/toy-fair-59/diamond-select-toys-ghostbusters-from-toy-fair-2013-7297/

Look at the first pic below the story. Also look at the story pic. 24 inch Stay Puft!!

Edited by Onyx_6

Thanks. Yep, looks like we might have been guessing correctly:

I7mn0sc.jpg

The 4 GBs in slimmer bodies with removable packs, and with more tan outfits. I was considering getting those tan ghost Ghostbusters from the cartoon to bash figures in those color suits, but these look perfect!

I'm also in like Flynn for the 24" Stay Puft, to display with my 12" figures :D

I got super excited when I saw 'CLUB FLIMATION' on toynewsi.com, thinking we'd finally get 6" Flimation Ghostbusters toys- until I clicked the link and realized it was just MORE he-man figs. nopity.gif

I used my original fat-bodied (as I'm calling the old versions now) for spare parts. I could see picking up these new figs. Here's hoping we get more than just these. I want more Real Ghostbusters figures!!!

PEOPLEBUSTERS! Make it happen Zach! drool.gif

My guess is they will use the mold first used here, which is a completely separate piece:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=1220&n=Janine

Looks like they might also get sculpted glove cuffs.

Edited by karamazov80

Never saw that Facebook page before. Nifty. Seems like interest is pretty low here (probably because these are rehashes of a sort), but I'm really psyched about these figures. The Ghostbusters Minimates I have are among the favorites in my collection, but I have recently seen more room for improvement, and DST seems to have been reading my mind. Greatest movie ever deserves no less.

I guess DST did such a good job with this line that it feels pretty complete to me, at this point it would take a GB1 Janine to get me properly excited. But these do look good, so I'm in for the set and I'm definitely looking forward to the mega Stay Puft.

Edited by battlecat

Seeing as how Ghostbusters is one of my ALL time favourite movies, I can't wait for more minimates.

But a thought crossed my mind - what if it's based off the IDW comic? After all, IDW did the Battle Beasts comic based off the minimates; perhaps as part of the deal DST would do minimates of one of their franchises, and seeing as how they've done GB before...

If this is the case, I will honestly EXPLODE with joy. The comic consideres the game canon, so we could finally get the Rookie, it's introduced some interesting ghosts and even taken designs and ideas from the other Ghostbuster's projects (i.e. Kylie Griffin from Extreme Ghostbusters and another character based off Egon's design), a team of river Ghostbusters and the current storyline which I won't spoil. Sufficed to say I feel there's a lot they could do with this aspect of the licence if this is indeed the case :D