UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

secret invasion pics

Glantern

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My beef is why spoil 4 new minimates with reversible Skrull heads especially when none of them were Skrulls? Why not produce 4 new 'normal' 'Mates with normal heads ;add 4 Skrull heads & brand it as a Secret Invasion box-set?

When I first heard about this set, I posted that it would be a neat idea to have reversible Skrull heads similar to the way Kubricks (and Man-E-Faces) sometimes work, but this was before they announced that 4 extra heads would be added. I agree that if they are going to add in extra Skrull heads and regular (non-Skrull army builder) character bodies, I would prefer the heads for the characters to be non-reversible, particularly given the Beast issue, but. . .what can you do? I personally don't think that this "spoils" the set, but it is annoying to me, and the reversible heads do seem a bit unnecessary.

Edited by karamazov80

Has anyone else been looking back at the protos and the concept art for these?? I've been doing jus tthat, and noticed lots of proposed paint apps missing, especially on Jeanie, which would have made them look so much better. For instance, there is a lack of Jeanie's back-line, the belt's shine, the arms' shine, as well as the back of the legs' shine. Kinda makes me mad, because these would have been nice apps to use. :(

And Mystery Man, just give me a few minutes and you'll have a pic. A clear, non-blurry one. ;)

EDIT: Here ya go. I kinda like it, but the mask doesn't fit on SI Logan's head, so i used the older one. Hope you don't mind:

Hey, thanks a heap for that! The yellow is a teeny bit off but not so noticable that I won't use it with that figure.

Thanks alot man! I appreciate it!

I looked . Oh my God! Phoenix & Captain America aren't dead :ohmy:

Your point?

my point is, the boxset makes sense. The reveal faces...makes sense.

you do not want your beast to be a skrull then don't turn the head around.

jesus fucking christ. why complain about this set so much? it gives us a chance to get some minimates we may not have gotten...and forget the "display" value, these are toys...think about it as play value. forget for a second you are at retirement age, and think about kids wanting to "play" secret invasion" they can turn the face and boom it is a skrull.

I think you are bitching, because you do not have anything better to do.

moc847

While it is unfortunate that Beast's skrull face isn't perfect, I really hope DST continues to make heads like this in the future with different facial expressions on each side. I am glad we didn't just get plain heads with four extra skrull heads, because I already have other minimates lined up for those extra heads (although it sounds like they don't fit very well...)

Your point?

jesus fucking christ. why complain about this set so much? it gives us a chance to get some minimates we may not have gotten...and forget the "display" value, these are toys...think about it as play value. forget for a second you are at retirement age, and think about kids wanting to "play" secret invasion" they can turn the face and boom it is a skrull.

moc847

Another bad day???

Well, technically, all of us post here, for whatever reason, because we don't have anything better to do. That is, unless we post because we don't want to do "better" things like work, exercise, find Jesus, etc. . .or maybe some of us are here because we just don't know that there are better things to do that we aren't doing. Or, perhaps we are incapable of doing better things, which is not to say that there are not better things to do.

What was the question again?

Your point?

moc847

Another bad day???

no you are just being the first two parts of your name :)

Happy to oblige but there appears to be some debate about who actually were Skrulls so this is actually a(poor) picture of the 'Skrulls that took the place of Spiderwoman & Elektra unbeknown to their team-associates'.

post-638-1233355701_thumb.jpg

The back-drop is from a comic from the Secret Invasion (strangely enough)series which I really must get round to reading as I have literally no concept of what happened :(

Happy to oblige but there appears to be some debate about who actually were Skrulls so this is actually a(poor) picture of the 'Skrulls that took the place of Spiderwoman & Elektra unbeknown to their team-associates'.

post-638-1233355701_thumb.jpg

The back-drop is from a comic from the Secret Invasion (strangely enough)series which I really must get round to reading as I have literally no concept of what happened :(

I'd hate to wake up to either of those mugs after a long night of drinkin.

My only issue, is do I display the beast with my Avengers or my X Men?

Thats easy. With The Avengers of course. Beast was always a better Avenger than X-Man. When he was with the "A" team he was a great PR man for mutants and he always had women all over him. On the X-Men hes always cooped up in a lab. Avengers rule. No contest. Or you could just get another Beast!

Obviously the "never again" rule is not concrete. Other box set offerings have landed on either side of the equation. Thunderbird, Nitro, and Jewel fall in the not likely to happen again category, whereas sets like the Classic Avengers, Darktide, and the Iron Man through the Ages sets fall on the other side.

The other "Never Agains" that I can see are Jim Hammond, Hydro Man, Valkyre, Random Thug of Punisher, Raza, probably not going to see Ant Man again unless it's Lang or O'Grady. O'Grady might be made as he's a Thunderbolt now (and oddly enough I saw that coming right as the series was Cancelled. When IAM ended I thought "he's gonna be a Thunderbolt")

It seems that in boxsets with characters which are not primarily re-releases, you get the Never Made Agains.

So yeah...

While it is unfortunate that Beast's skrull face isn't perfect, I really hope DST continues to make heads like this in the future with different facial expressions on each side. I am glad we didn't just get plain heads with four extra skrull heads, because I already have other minimates lined up for those extra heads (although it sounds like they don't fit very well...)

I know it's a Longshot (oooh - another 'Mate we need), But i am REALLY hoping for the upcoming Psylocke has a reversible head. One side as she currently appears & one side with her Crimson Dawn tattoo. I think there is a great deal of potential to give more fans what they want with these reversible heads.

PS: Sorry to get a little off-topic. I just think the Double-Heads could be a really great feature.

The other "Never Agains" that I can see are Jim Hammond, Hydro Man, Valkyre, Random Thug of Punisher, Raza, probably not going to see Ant Man again unless it's Lang or O'Grady

I still think Wasp is the "Never Again" in the Classic Avengers set, because come to think of it Hank Pym has still got a whole slew of costume identities going for him (aside from the ones we already got, there's still Goliath, Yellowjacket and

"New" Wasp

) whereas I think DST's window for re-releasing Janet Van Dyne might've shrunk a bit since she

"died" in Secret Invasion

Of course, if Joe Q pulls another "One More Day" stunt as far as Wasp's existence is concerned, then I may be wrong :P

I think there is a great deal of potential to give more fans what they want with these reversible heads.

I agree, as long as they avoid having 2 different colored faces. As long as the only thing being changed is the face design (as it typically works with Kubricks), then most hairpieces could be used without the Beast problem of having another color showing through.

then most hairpieces could be used without the Beast problem of having another color showing through.

What about the Astonishing X-men (civillian Wolverine) Beast hairpiece. If someone could do a hair-swap, and post a pic, that would be fabulous. :)

Already tried it. It doesn't fit too well, but i only did it to see if i could make a Dark Beast anyway. :P

Has anyone else been looking back at the protos and the concept art for these?? I've been doing jus tthat, and noticed lots of proposed paint apps missing, especially on Jeanie, which would have made them look so much better. For instance, there is a lack of Jeanie's back-line, the belt's shine, the arms' shine, as well as the back of the legs' shine. Kinda makes me mad, because these would have been nice apps to use. :(

And Mystery Man, just give me a few minutes and you'll have a pic. A clear, non-blurry one. ;)

EDIT: Here ya go. I kinda like it, but the mask doesn't fit on SI Logan's head, so i used the older one. Hope you don't mind:

Thanks for that photo of New Wolverine's body with Giant Sized set's head, that Original mask looks so much better than the new one, now all he needs is the X-Man belt and he'd be the perfect X-Men Wolverine :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure that the Wolverine from Marvel wave 27 will look exactly like SI Wolverine (bodywise) with a new face, same hairpiece and his more familiar mask (hopefully with a newer sculpt than the GSXM boxed set version). The Marvel zombie Wolverine's mask was somewhat better, except for the eyes.

This is in stock at Toywiz! :rolleyes:

I have issues with the GSXM Wolvie's mask, so I am also crossing my fingers that the wave 27 version will have a much better mask that could make for the definitive yellow and blue Wolvie. If they re-use the original one, I will be very disappointed.

Edited by karamazov80

This is in stock at Toywiz! :rolleyes:

I have issues with the GSXM Wolvie's mask, so I am also crossing my fingers that the wave 27 version will have a much better mask that could make for the definitive yellow and blue Wolvie. If they re-use the original one, I will be very disappointed.

Here's a question I asked DST Matt way back in the "waves 25 & (old) 26" thread.

Love these 2 waves, but can anybody at DST confirm that the Wolverine shipping with Deadpool will more or less be a re-issue of the Secret Invasion Wolvie with his (non whisker) mask or no mask at all?

You'll just have to wait and see, but he looks gooooood. Best Wolverine ever.

And here's a pick that AA said the wave (now 27) Wolverine would be based on.

048216-225x300.jpg

Now I know he's not wearing a mask in the pic, but DST/AA would be stupid NOT to include his trademark mask we all know and love. Essentially, this Wolverine looks exactly like the SI one, with the exception of his mask.