UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Punisher Movie Mates

ramseesthegreat1

So I saw the new Punisher Movie Today and it was okay, really bloody. My question is that the other mini that comes in the four pack says Jigsaw thug/goon, but it is actually Loony Bin _____ aka his brother. What was his role in the MU. I know there was a possible brother of jigsaw, but I didn't know if it was definite.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other mate is LBJ? Honestly, after I saw the movie I lost most interest in getting the mates,but all I had to do was look at the accessories and I was pulled back in(Even though the movie sucked).

I can never remember LBJ in the comics, not even slightly. I didn't even know Jigsaw had a brother until the movie(Unless he only has a brother in the movies storyline).

Now that the Marvel 'movie universe' is getting more mates, I would like to see them continue. I liked the fact that they did a box set for the Punisher(after the GR fiasco). The Wolverine movie will probably get a whole wave(or maybe 2), but I'd rather the movie mates stay outside of the regular waves.

hate to say it but I am surprised it opened at 8th...I thought a bit better then that but somehow knew it was not gonna hit number one....I think we stand a better chance of seeing the boxset then we would have if it had been a wave like Ghost Rider....but I am still gonna cross my fingers in hopes it'll still make it

Jeff of the Miniacs

After all of the bad reviews for this movie, is anyone else afraid the Punisher: War Zone Minimates are going to end up like the Ghost Rider Minimates? Of course Punisher wasn't going to get a whole series, but does anyone else think the box set will just quietly disappear?

I'm afraid I'm definitely with you on this Ivan but strangely enough I think a Ghost Rider/Punisher wave/box set would be a commercially successful compromise.

hate to say it but I am surprised it opened at 8th...I thought a bit better then that but somehow knew it was not gonna hit number one....

Exactly my thoughts too. I was really surprised that it only made 4 million for the whole weekend. Its this years "Gigli" ;) I actually went to the midnight showing and there were like 15 people total haha The movie itself was pretty awesome and very entertaining though and it did make me want the boxset more. Espescially since we now know who the "Jigsaw thug" actually is =)

i still haven't seen the movie. I do want the 'mates!!! Only because i'm trying to "only" collect movie 'mates...

Ha. Good luck with that. And you do realize that you're missing almost every extremely good minimate (with the exception of Iron Monger) don't you?

I think something that seperates the punisher box set from the ghost rider line is that the punisher figures look awesome as minimates, regardless of the crappy movie. The Ghost rider Minimates were incredibly lame, with 6 civilian figures, and one OK looking superhero. The Punisher box set trims down the fat, adds some cool "goons", and adds some killer accessories. Hopefully everyone else feels the same way, so they don't get canceled :P.

Edited by Randymarsh

I think that the Punisher 'mates will fare well regardless of how bad (or decent) people think the movie is simply because The Punisher (as a character) has a fairly strong fan base. That, and the fact that there are some cool parts for customizers that could care less about it's representation. I think the real key here is: "Will people be pre-ordering these, or simply waiting for them to appear in stores?" Lack of initial orders is what halted Ghost Rider's production...let's not let that happen again. The boxset vs. 2-pack system on these type of series seems to have helped matters, but they still are dependant on early support.

*I'd still like to eventually see those Ghost Rider 'mates despite the film. I've got a few custom ideas that are still "shelved" as a result of their cancellation. :(

Edited by cdubya

I went and saw the movie and had a blast watching it. I don't know what people were expecting going in, but come on guys, it's a Punisher movie. I expected lots of action and violence and was give that plus. There was a few scenes that had me in awe due to the brutality. The only thing that I hated was the scene with the chandelier. I thought that scene was just too cheesy and didn't fit in.

Yeah I thought it was a more comic accurate depiction and when I say comic I mean Garth Ennis Marvel Max I applaud them for that. It wasn't without it's shortcomings but, it was head and shoulders above the last one I mean Punisher in Miami are you serious? The real question Crippler is are you more excited about the minimates now that you have seen the film?

Edited by wallbreaker2.0

Yeah I thought it was a more comic accurate depiction and when I say comic I mean Garth Ennis Marvel Max I applaud them for that. It wasn't without it's shortcomings but, it was head and shoulders above the last one I mean Punisher in Miami are you serious? The real question Crippler is are you more excited about the minimates now that you have seen the film?

Heck yeah. I have been hoping for a Jigsaw mate for a while now. he may not be comic accurate, but I'll take him and whatever else Punisher related mates they give to us.

• 2 weeks later...

This movie's done far, far worse than Ghost Rider. I can't imagine retailers ordering the sets. If DST couldn't get enough pre-orders for Rocky III with Mr. T and Hulk Hogan in the mix, I seriously doubt the War Zone 'mates will get released as is.

That said, maybe DST could do a boxed set of craptastic Marvel movie 'mates. Put Punisher and Jigsaw in the same boxed set as Ghost Rider and maybe a Jennifer Garner Elektra. (I know, licensing issues won't allow it. I'm just spit-ballin'.)

That said, maybe DST could do a boxed set of craptastic Marvel movie 'mates. Put Punisher and Jigsaw in the same boxed set as Ghost Rider and maybe a Jennifer Garner Elektra. (I know, licensing issues won't allow it. I'm just spit-ballin'.)

YES PLEASE!!!

My roommate and I constantly debated the pros and cons on DD and Elektra. I actually liked them. He hated them.

I could see that working. A movie Marvel Knights set.

YES PLEASE!!!

My roommate and I constantly debated the pros and cons on DD and Elektra. I actually liked them. He hated them.

I could see that working. A movie Marvel Knights set.

Not bad... Daredevil, Ghost Rider AND Punisher in the same box set? I'd definitely buy that!

I thought the Daredevil movie was okay... but an African-American Kingpin?! What the :blink:

I didn't see that big of a deal with MCD as Kingpin. He was perfect in size & voice. Who cares what color he was?

That's what I said. Also, think about it. Given the time frame, who do you know else that could have played the Kingpin?

Speaking of MCD, that reminds me. I was almost an extra in Sin City but turned the roll down. :( Stupid schooling.