UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

must. sell. current. vader.

Dammit I'm tempted to do the same. But you just never know how something is gonna turn out. Besides, it is one of the handful of figures my wife says I cannot sell :lol:

I like my ANH Vader EX. I will keep him and get an EX of the ESB/RTJ version. You can't have enough Vader. :thumbsup:

I just hope the helmet pieces don't mess up the sculpt. They never seem to look right when they are not a solid piece.

If they do soon, it will probably be an Anakin from the prequels. Not in Darth Vader getup. HT seems to be able to work on Star Wars by Sideshow allowing them to use the license. I can't see SSC letting HT do armored characters since that is one of their primary foci with the line.

I can't see SSC letting HT do armored characters since that is one of their primary foci with the line.

And they do a pretty good job, too. So far, I have all the armored clones/Imperials except boil & Waxer. They just get better and better.

Only ones I have are the basic StormTroopers (2 of them). Only real critique I have is that the joints are loose as all hell. I hope they've fixed that!!

That was the biggest complaint really (besides some cosmetic stuff on the Stormtroopers). They have definitely fixed the issue with loose joints.

dv1.jpg

clones.jpg

The hardest ones to track down are the Stormtroopers (which I think will get redone under ESB and/or RTJ) and the Shadow Utapau Clone.

Classic trilogy Stormtroopers are one of those things that should CONSTANTLY be in available from Sideshow, imagine how many they would sell... :rolleyes:

I agree, but when the Stormtrooper was released, it stuck around for a while before selling out. I bought two EX versions and a regular version over a matter of months and only one was pre-ordered.

They will do a new version because people are begging for them now that demand for the ANH version is so high. Plus, its like printing money if you do the figure justice.

Well I think the suit will be a huge upgrade over DX-01, but sculpt. . .not so sure. I kind of dig it, but it's too odd and scene specific for my display taste. I just posted a pic I took of BR Joker on SSF to compare, and I personally think they look very similar, apart from the expression. Both were Yulli, so it stands to reason there wouldn't be drastic differences.

DSC_0367-1.jpg

Definitely needs more pics. I think HT should have held off on this preview. We had the one regarding the outfit. They should have saved the face for the full reveal. It's just too hard to tell from this angle if they really nailed the sculpt, and right now they are alienating some potential customers.

I don't think they are as concerned about the potential customers that may already have bought a Joker, as they are the fans that are paying $400 - $600 on eBay for DX01 because they missed out on the first release. HT wants their cut of that money. The Kato clothes and any other extras it may come with will be what end up enticing the customers that may already have DX01.

For people like myself that weren't buying HT when DX01 came out, this is a great opportunity to fill a hole in my collection without paying current eBay prices. The quality of the suit is a nice perk, but the DK Joker character is why I am interested.

But, I have to add, I am not a collector that nitpicks screen accuracy on Hot Toys figures. I want the best representation of the "character", not necessarily the actor.