UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

All jokes aside, he looks amazing and even better than the proto pics. Wow.

Not many collectible companies can do this. But Hot Toys always has a fair chance of meeting or exceeding the quality you see in prototype pics. We live in a golden age of 1/6 scale toys, IMO.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many collectible companies can do this. But Hot Toys always has a fair chance of meeting or exceeding the quality you see in prototype pics. We live in a golden age of 1/6 scale toys, IMO.

Agreed. Hot Toys continues to raise the bar, and though my wallet hates me, I'm really enjoying it.

And, after reading the next couple comments, I know to always watch my spelling and to keep my strict filter on. :D

I posted this on Facebook, but figured I'd share it here as well. My wife had to take a picture depicting 9 ladies dancing, from the 12 Days of Christmas song as a fun project where she works. She asked if we could use my figures for it. After explaining to her that I was going to be short of 9 females, she decided to pick up a few Barbies to make up the difference.

Not really into the whole toy thing, her participation in the project consisted of opening the newly acquired Barbie dolls. Since I was in charge posing and shooting the picture, I decided to give it a "gentleman's club" theme. It was a huge hit with her coworkers. Aside from stooping to playing with Barbies, it was fun to set up. Picture quality isn't the best, but you'll get the idea.

post-50-1292133243_thumb.jpg

What are your thoughts on Predator, Venom?

In recent 1/6 scale news, I picked up all 4 of the Ghostbusters from Matty's Cyber Monday sale. I've debated with myself over and over and over about getting them, and realized that ultimately, it is better to buy now just in case than regret later. The proton packs are really the only thing of quality about these figures, but we may never see 12" GBs again, and if not, I want to have what was released.

But now my finances over the next month or two are going to be strained more than I hoped. I've got T-800 (I have to get 2 of those), Mark IV Iron Man, Scarecrow and Beat It Micheal Jackson, Spidey Comiquette, and the Flint/Zartan diorama that are either hitting now or are probably coming right up. Wife is trying to persuade me to get the Mark VI maquette, too. I've gotta start figuring out what the heck else I can sell that I haven't already to fund this addiction :(

*looks at Guardian Predator and Robocop with squinty eyes*

Edited by karamazov80

I feel your pain. I think Leonidas and weatherd T-600 are on the block. Not because I don't like them, but because I need the space.

I feel your pain. I think Leonidas and weatherd T-600 are on the block. Not because I don't like them, but because I need the space.

You know the best way to clear space is to send all that IM stuff you have to me right ;)

T.

What are your thoughts on Predator, Venom?

As is normal for Hot Toys figures, the pics don't do him justice. I read so much garbage about this figure that I was certain I didn't want him. Too short. Mask is bad. Neck too short, etc...

After actually getting him in hand, I don't think the criticisms are fair. I don't like the bio mask, and have ordered one from taylordurdem on the SSF forum. Aside from that, the figure is amazing, and could be the best "toy" ever produced. Awesome detail, excellent range of motion, and just one bad looking dude. As much as I love my DX Joker and Begins Batman, if I could only keep 1 figure, it would be this Predator.

Now I just need my Berzerker to get here so the real Predator can kick the crap out of him. :D

Hey Shane, you're in luck. I happen to have some room. ;)

post-50-1292374620_thumb.jpg

Now I just need my Berzerker to get here so the real Predator can kick the crap out of him. :D

Word. I agree that criticisms are overblown. The over-sized mask is the only issue that bothers me. Have you seen Baloo's custom bio mask? Check out his thread. I'm on the list to get one from him. As great as Durden's looks, Baloo's just looks like the ultimate Predator mask. He's even doing the interior details. I have no idea what he plans on charging, though.

Hot Toys Indiana Jones DX is apparently coming.

162984_471225002343_58690437343_6108821_

"Dear Fans, our 10th Anniversary Exhibition in Tokyo is coming in just a week! Are you ready for that?

At the event, we will have new and greatly expected licenses & products to be unveiled!

To kill your thirst, we now proudly announce the FIRST licensed product here which must be highly anticipated by fans for long!! Here, we are excited to bring you with the teaser of our MMS DX Indiana Jones Collectible Figure from the Indiana Jones – Raiders of the Lost Ark movie, which is a collaborated project with Sideshow Collectibles, and will be FIRST unveiled in the Hot Toys 10th Anniversary Exhibition on Dec 24-26, 2010!!!

In 2011, we will have even more breathtaking, overwhelming and unexpected licenses to be announced! Stay tuned!

THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH US!!!"

Crazy.

Edited by karamazov80

Oh no! I like the SSC 1/6th Star Wars. Is this a hint that HT is going to take over 1/6th SW? Its not that they would do a bad job, its just always been nice getting decent figures for under $100 USD.

Oh no! I like the SSC 1/6th Star Wars. Is this a hint that HT is going to take over 1/6th SW? Its not that they would do a bad job, its just always been nice getting decent figures for under $100 USD.

+1 I think I would be priced out and would have to be very selective if that happened.

I'm not sure what to make of that. Speculation on SSF is rampant, of course. I think there is a very good chance some non-English-as-a-first-language person mis-took that for an Indiana Jones quote. :lol:

Hot Toys has already done Star Wars "Chubbies" (waits for BHM comment :D ), so the license itself isn't new. It is possible that they would do statues of some sort, or even just Cosbabies. But I don't see that being very newsworthy. Working in collaboration with Sideshow as they do, I can't imagine them directly competing with Sideshow over new characters. That's a cash cow for Sideshow. So, it may be that Hot Toys simply re-releases older Sideshow characters. Or, Hot Toys may simply work with Sideshow for more complex characters that Sideshow would have trouble with from an engineering standpoint, like Chewbacca. Impossible to know at this point.