UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

Seriouslyl? I've got the BD Mark III (well, just sold it, actually), but it is so shiny and neat. The War Machine looks flat and toy-ish in the pics. The pictures and videos I have seen must not be doing it justice. I sold BD Mark III for funds to pay for the Mark IV, and I bet it would look magnificent next to the War Machine. . .but must. . .exercise. . .restraint. . .

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it might have something to do with the proportions and articulation of the figure. The BD Mark III looks way too skinny next to War Machine, as if a man couldn't possibly fit inside of the armor. Also his hip and shoulder joints look much more toy-like than War Machine's. I agree that the Mark IV will most likely look spectacular next to War Machine, and I might have to get him now after seeing how the Mark III doesn't fit in as well as I thought he would.

I have a Tony Stark head from the Mech Test version that I might put on the BD Mark III and add some extra battle damage to him, and along with the sideshow exclusive crushed head, I will have a pretty good representation of Stark from the end of the first film. My problem with the battle damage on the Mark III is that the damage on the removable chest didn't match the damage on the rest of the figure, especially after seeing the incredible battle damage on the Mark VI. I hope to fix this. :)

I wasn't happy with the Mech Test figure in person, plus I couldn't fix his broken chest LED, so I kept his head, base, background, and robot, and sold the rest on ebay for a surprisingly good amount.

Mark IV looks kind of scrawny too, in relation to War Machine IMO. Maybe even moreso because he doesn't have the bulky shoulders.

PICT1103-1.jpg

But maybe Mark IV is not as skinny as the BD Mark III? I haven't seen comparison pics yet.

And speaking of battle damage, check out this custom job on the Mark IV:

IMG_5477.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

As excited as I am about War Machine, something else arrived today that completely stole his thunder. ;)

You got Thor PF? You were the guy who outbid me on that auction a week ago, aren't you :angry: :angry:

Seems like a previous announcement was that they had the rights to the "Spiderman Trilogy," but in their last promotional book with forthcoming licenses I think SM 3 was the only one listed.

Yeah, buying Hot Toys in any capacity is not a way to reign in your spending IMO. Once you get one, you have to get more.

Well, it appears to be fabric, which is a good sign. I've got the Medicom version, and it's about as poseable as DX Batman.

--edit: here's some evidence of the articulation we can expect:

181415gmmsim664003yy06.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

Don't know where you got those pics, but it looks like it'll be pretty decent. We need the official full reveal. Should be another great Hot Toys offering.

Well, it appears to be fabric, which is a good sign. I've got the Medicom version, and it's about as poseable as DX Batman.

--edit: here's some evidence of the articulation we can expect:

181415gmmsim664003yy06.jpg

I'm not digging it very much due to the garish looking webbing and the plastic boots. But I'll get it. Hopefully HT will refine their process a bit and release an improved Spidey 1 or 2 version down the road.