UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

I wonder if that character influenced Watchman's Comedian or vice versa. . .they were released around the same time, both have a big scar on their face, both have connections to Vietnam, and both were complete a$$holes.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definite similarities. Good catch. It would be neat to find out that one did influence the other.

As impressive as Barnes looks, I'm staying away from the Platoon figures. I'm buying so many other HT pieces that my bank account is screaming for mercy. :)

Aaaand, two days later I cave and preorder Barnes. Man, I'm sick. hahahaha!!

Edited by minivenom

Congrats! I'll have to post some new pics of my T-1000s. I got an extra shirt and have one displayed as regular cop, and one as donut head, steel factory version w/biker pants/boots.

And they are both in my new Detolf :banana:

I got two of those in the mail yesterday, and have put one together. Pretty cool little display shelf. Beats the heck out of the $25 Wal-Mart bookshelves I was using in the past. Now I'm on the look-out for a fancy, glass shelved display case for my Minimates and Kubricks.

Where'd you get the Detolf K80? Nearest Ikea is Houston. I have one and need to get over to Houston for a couple more.

EBay, Sadly. Cost was a bit harsh ($150 per, shipping included), but much cheaper than trying to buy through Ikea's website. I think they quoted me at $300 shipping for one! And since I bought two at once, they threw in two lights for free. I can understand the cost, though, because these things weigh a ton! I'm envious for Minivenom living within driving distance, for sure. On the website they are something like $60. Here it is:

SDC12635-1.jpg

SDC12638.jpg

SDC12637.jpg

Do you believe that the wife doesn't understand the bottom shelf? :D

It is standing on its own for now, but it comes with an anchor and I'm gonna attach it. . .as I'm gonna attach every bookshelf, etc. in the coming months. Baby will be crawling soon. :ohmy:

In other 1/6 scale news, this custom sculpt blew me away:

ExpoCloseUp-17.jpg

ExpoCloseUp-18.jpg

There is a thread on SSF where you can sign up for a painted headsculpt. I'm not a huge fan of the film (so I never had interest in the mohawked Bickle's I've seen out there), but I doubt we'll be seeing a better 1/6th scale Deniro anytime soon.

Here are some other customs by the guys who did that:

http://kai-studio.blogspot.com/2010/11/fengkai-vol2.html

Edited by karamazov80

Man I want a Detolf so bad. Ikea Houston is an

ass

. They are an independent franchise, not affiliated with Ikea. Meaning that when Ikea had Detolfs for $20 each last year, Ikea Houston was the one and only store who wouldn't honor it. I was spitting mad. If they ever run it again this means I will have to drive 4 hours to Austin.

It is standing on its own for now, but it comes with an anchor and I'm gonna attach it. . .as I'm gonna attach every bookshelf, etc. in the coming months. Baby will be crawling soon. :ohmy:

In other 1/6 scale news, this custom sculpt blew me away:

ExpoCloseUp-17.jpg

ExpoCloseUp-18.jpg

There is a thread on SSF where you can sign up for a painted headsculpt. I'm not a huge fan of the film (so I never had interest in the mohawked Bickle's I've seen out there), but I doubt we'll be seeing a better 1/6th scale Deniro anytime soon.

Here are some other customs by the guys who did that:

http://kai-studio.blogspot.com/2010/11/fengkai-vol2.html

If ever there was a post on this 'verse that was going to tip me over the edge......this was it. Stunning stuff Sam .

I've checked on the Ikea cabinets & they're available in the UK at just under £40.

Coming back to the De Niros .........I have an M65 & a tanker ,mine however are not 'Real McCoys' just real McCoys. That sentence will mean absolutely diddly unless you like military inspired casual jackets ...which I always have. Checking out those pictures via your link makes it pretty conclusive that there is some link between the customisers & the jackets many of the characters are wearing .

My wife ordered me a Detolf for a birthday a few years ago. I think she paid nearly $300 for it after shipping. Insane considering they are about $60 at the store.

I was hoping an Ikea might open up here after the whole Katrina thing, but no luck so far. The frustrating thing is that they advertise here and the closest one is 6 to 7 hours away.

Mine is not anchored but stands pretty firm. These are great for 1/6th stuff. I currently house my SSC Star Wars 1/6th in mine.

The Guardian is great MV. I wish I'd have known you were after one before I sold mine. You must have quite the HT collection these days. I have three left and I think they are next to go. I don't feel very attached to my rubber skin T-600, but my P1 Predator and Leonidas are much loved and I am still dragging my butt on selling.

The Guardian is great MV. I wish I'd have known you were after one before I sold mine. You must have quite the HT collection these days. I have three left and I think they are next to go. I don't feel very attached to my rubber skin T-600, but my P1 Predator and Leonidas are much loved and I am still dragging my butt on selling.

Don't sell P1! The figure is too awesome, as is the source material. That would probably be the last 1/6 scale figure I own that I would get rid of. . .though I don't have the T1 Arnold in hand yet, obviously.

Yeah, my HT collection is really coming along. I really need a Detolf or two to put my figures in so I can get some pictures posted. Hopefully soon.

As for the P1 and Leo, they are severely overrated, Shane. I don't think you really want those. I'd be happy to remove them from your sight. Just to help you out... like that one time I picked up a Shockini for you. HAHAHAHA!!!!

But seriously, when you get around to selling those two, let me know. Even if you put them on ebay, I'd like to have a shot at the P1, and maybe even Leo. Though I like all the Predator figures Hot Toys has made, P1 is THE Predator I need for my collection.

Wanted to. Believe me. The problem is that the P1 has been going for much more than the Guardian. I saw a P1 going for $300 over the weekend with just over an hour left and was hoping to get it, but it jumped up over $400 in the last several minutes. With shipping, it would have cost me nearly $100 more than I paid for the Guardian.

The Guardian is no slouch, but if I could have gotten p1 for the same amount I most definitely would have. I'm always checking for new BIN listings on eBay, hoping to find a bargain. Not likely, but you never know.