UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got A L I E N today. A perfect figure? No. In fact, in hand, I'm pretty underwhelmed with the guy.

But, he's probably the best I'm gonna get from Hot Toys, so it will have to suffice. My display demanded an Alien.

SDC12669.jpg

SDC12668.jpg

and while I'm at it, here's the rest of my 2nd Detolf.

SDC12670.jpg

I'm woefully low on Joes :( Got Beachhead coming soon, but still need Duke and Firefly.

Well, all this talk made me pull the trigger. I bought 3 Detolfs for $75. Finally I can display my statues!

Nice! They are still $60 at my Ikea.

P1 really is awesome, but if HT makes the "P1-ish" Predator from the movie Predators, it may be close enough.

I watched P2 a few nights ago and it made me want a P2... :(

Yeah, I wonder if they'll actually do that or not. Would be an easy seller, but would offend some of those who got the original. Not that HT cares too much about that. They aren't like Sideshow, who make it a point to release things in low numbers and never re-release anything (DX Batman being an example of this). But they seem to care more than DST or Medicom about offending collectors who like to have things that remain somewhat rare. I hope that, at least, any re-release will be different enough to keep the original one desirable in relation to it.

I refuse to watch P2, as I don't want to start wanting that figure.

I'm with you on the P2, Shane. I've been wanting that one for a while, but it's kind of the same story as P1. Both are really expensive.

I'm hoping for a "close enough" Predator from Hot Toys. It won't be quite as posable, but it will be visually more appealing. That's kind of what's been keeping me out of panic mode on acquiring the P1. lol I'm holding out hope. :)

HT has done revised releases like Batman and Joker. I understand people getting pissed off that they can no longer get crazy money for some of the figures if HT released modern updates, but that is really a silly reason for HT to refrain from doing it. I don't care if folks can sell their Celtic Predator for $600. If HT can make a better version, they should. Tell me with a straight face that they would not sell...

Sure they would sell. And you are right. Though it would suck if my Predator somehow became obsolete (like the first Dark Knight figure or the battle damaged T-800 will soon be. . .) because I would have to buy the new one, improved updates are generally a good thing. But I think many companies selling "collectibles" realize that scarcity is part of their appeal, and so they try to limit straight re-releases. I'm not sure that the complaints are mostly due to lost re-sale value, though (though that's some of it). I think lots of collectors just like having things that are relatively rare. That's a big part of what makes things collectible to some. Personally, I don't care too much, but I can understand others' frustrations, and in the case of a company like Medicom re-releasing rare chase figures (where rarity was explicitly the selling point) it seems a bit crummy.

Knowing I am talking to intelligent collectors here, I think we can all agree that even the words "improvement" or "upgraded" can be subjective. What one entity feels is an improvement might be a downgrade or detriment to another.

Knowing I am talking to intelligent collectors here, I think we can all agree that even the words "improvement" or "upgraded" can be subjective. What one entity feels is an improvement might be a downgrade or detriment to another.

Yeah, that's true. But apart from the leaky abs and neck articulation, I think most people would agree that DX Batman is a pretty significant upgrade from the previous version. Same with DX Joker over V1 Joker. I figure any T1 T-800 the release is gonna blow their battle damaged version out of the water, as well, just because the company's abilities have improved so much. Some are happy with the older figures and will want to keep them for various reasons, but you can't hardly compare a Hot Toys headsculpt from 4-5 years ago with what they are pumping out now.

Whether Hot Toys could create an "improved" Predator will have to be seen, but say the scale is better, and the head sculpt has googly eyes, and the bio mask is smaller and more movie accurate (though the one from Predators was damaged unlike the original, I believe), and if he comes with battle damaged options, but he still has all the bells and whistles of the original with equally impressive paint apps, etc.? I would consider that an improvement, and would have to pick one up.

Based on the looks of the Berzerker, if HT does a "classic" Predator, I'm fairly certain that will satiate my need for the P1 Predator.

While I am all about articulation, pics I've seen of the Berzerker show enough range that I don't feel like it's a glorified statue. I actually prefer the newer Predator body. Would love to see a classic Pred (and even a P2 Predator) on the new body to kick the crap out of my Berzerker and Falconer when they get here. :)

Those are not straight up re-releases. IMO both figures are different enough. The oringinal spidey is much more cleaner and simple. Like the costume should be.

Yep. Awesome looking figure, but you won't get many poses out of him. That's the main reason I went and bought the MMS71 Dark Knight Batman again. I had sold the one I had, thinking the DX would be far superior, but the first version poses way better. Kind of a similar knock people have on the new Pred bodies. Look better, but don't pose quite as well.

Those are not straight up re-releases. IMO both figures are different enough. The oringinal spidey is much more cleaner and simple. Like the costume should be.

I was not going to say anything, but frankly, I agree with Webhead. They are based on the same character, but very different in design. One would never pass for the other.