UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

Sideshows R2 had lights and "action features" like spring-loaded sensors in the dome. Mine doesn't have any paint issues but I can see the flimsiness comments. He does feel light but so do most HT Iron Man armors. For the price I'm quite happy with Sideshows R2. At HT's pricing (and you can't expect them to release R2 at less than $200) I have extremely high expectations. But like I said, I read that HT is waiting on the droids because Sideshow is doing them so I think its a moot point right now.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a SSC R2 that had a huge black thumbprint on the side of his dome and an ugly paint blemish on one of the panels of the dome. I used alcohol to get the thumbprint off and repainted the panel. He looks great now, but I am not a painter and was concerned that I was going to screw it up. The price was good and I appreciate the lights, but the panel doors make it a little flimsy. I just keep the doors closed and don't let anyone touch him.

The Elizabeth Olsen version (both costumes - "spoiler") is the first time I've given a flying frak about the character (after previously HATING her after Disassembled & House of M).

Super excited for the Hot Toys, super bummed there's no Hasbro Legends planned.

The Elizabeth Olsen version (both costumes - "spoiler") is the first time I've given a flying frak about the character (after previously HATING her after Disassembled & House of M).

See, and that's why I hated both Disassembled and House of M. They ruined a fantastic character. Elizabeth Olsen's version was very much who Scarlet Witch was before all that crap.

For the price I'm quite happy with Sideshows R2. At HT's pricing (and you can't expect them to release R2 at less than $200) I have extremely high expectations.

I'm not so sure about that.

SSC charges more for this:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-luke-skywalker-red-five-x-wing-pilot-sideshow-collectibles-21321/

than Hot Toys does for this:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-luke-skywalker-hot-toys-9024361/

No Hot Toys Deadpool has been announced. A Sideshow (comic) version has been, though. If Marvel's embargo on X-Men-associated merchandise is to be believed, then we may not see a movie version of DP released by Hot Toys, even if Hot Toys wants to.

Is anyone planning on getting the Hot Toys Deadpool? And if so, is it worth picking up?

you mean sideshow.

And we won't know till it comes out.

Nice! I doubt I'll ever see the film, but it's a great looking figure, no doubt.

Yeah, i was surprised for what was essentially a figure no one really wanted (hence its overstock free gift/constant clearance) that it came out so well .

Winter Soldier gets discounts, but I wouldn't call it clearance exactly. And they aren't giving that figure away for free like they are Tonto (and Zod). But that's another one that was apparently overproduced. Same goes for the Rogers/Stealth Cap 2-pack, Robocop, and others. Which isn't to say they aren't wanted, but that they aren't wanted as badly as HT/SSC must have thought they were.

I had that one awhile back. The lack of poseability was a turn off to me, though. And I get that HT wanted to do something fancy with the suit, but I would have preferred the traditional tiger stripe or olive drab BDUs. I was hoping even more strongly for a Solid Snake from MGS 1 or 2, but. . .I guess we've gotten all we're gonna get now.

Got my HT Rocket and Groot set yesterday. Rocket has real whiskers. WHISKERS! Groot is really well done. Rather than do a rubber skirt around his hips he has "bark flaps" that move to allow the articulation to move like the diecast Iron Man figures. And he's taller than I expected. Had to hunch him over quite a bit to get him to fit on my shelf. I definitely need to put these on a different shelf because I don't want Groot to get all jacked up from being hunched over for too long.

I have all 4 of the HT GotG now and Drax being missing really stands out now that I have them all together on one shelf.

Would be strange for WWE to have the rights to license out a human being's likeness. They haven't placed restrictions on Hogan or Rock stuff, but who knows? Wouldn't surprise me if HT simply didn't think it was worth their investment, but would suck heavily for those who want the whole team.