UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SDCC pics are being released tonight. Some notable figures shown off--HT Leia, ROTJ Boba Fett, Stormtrooper Luke, Genisys Endoskeleton, BTTF 2 Marty, BTTF 2 Delorean, Sideshow Ash and Beetlejuice (Ash looks pretty good!), and. . .this:

IJ66fjA.jpg

in. . .sane. . .

Edited by karamazov80

Yes, it's 1/6. It may not actually go up for sale, but if it does, it's got to be one of the most impressive collectibles I've ever seen in terms of it's sheer mass! Look at the cockpit for the Falcon to the right of it, which houses 4 or more 1/6 scale figures in itself, to get a sense of the enormous size.

The ones last year stayed up for awhile. Iron Man sold out fairly quickly, but I think even that took a few days. These usually aren't as rare as the "movie promo edition" figures we get. Though apparently only 600 of each figure is being allocated to the Asian conventions.

I doubt Maria Hill will sell out as fast as the Iron Man, anyway. She's a minor character in the films, not very iconic from the comics, and doesn't look very interesting to be honest.

Probably not, unless it sells very poorly and SSC starts offering it up to retailers for a discount (I believe they did that with the Bank Robber Joker 2.0, Colson, the Demon Batman/Scarecrow 2-pack, and some others in the past).

SWAT Gordon was a big surprise scene that made audiences applaud, Marvel attempted that with Hill in Winter Soldier, but it fell kinda flat. I think there will be a decent size contingent of Marvel collectors that want her, but I think the average Hot Toys consumer won't have interest, just like Colton, Penelope Cruz, Crow, etc. Maybe closer to Star-spangled Cap.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu**, that's expensive.

I live paycheck to paycheck (and if my car - which isn't in great shape - dies, I'm screwed, I won't even be able to feed myself if I have to get another vehicle), and even new Minimate purchases come from selling something older that I don't want anymore. confused.gif

I saved my tax refund for the Guardians, but it was only enough for all five. I'm trying to save $25 a check, and if I can, I'll have enough for Thanos come January, and I'm hoping my next tax refund comes before Wanda drops.

I have a bunch of stuff I'm going to eBay as soon as I get my new computer set up (which I had to take a loan out of my 401k to get, but I'm trying to make a business out of my artwork, and having a computer will greatly help), but if Maria drops next week, I'll never be able to get her. :(

Maybe if my sh***y, f***ing job would pay me more, considering I've been here 8 years, none of this (car, Hill) would be an issue. dry.png

Not that anyone cares about my sob story. confused.gif

Here you go:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-maria-hill-hot-toys-902498/

You have to pay the NRD now, but you won't pay the full balance until it ships. Estimate is after September.

--edit: if you do order, use the forum link at the bottom of the page and then navigate there to give this forum a small commission!--

Edited by karamazov80

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu**, that's expensive.

I live paycheck to paycheck (and if my car - which isn't in great shape - dies, I'm screwed, I won't even be able to feed myself if I have to get another vehicle), and even new Minimate purchases come from selling something older that I don't want anymore. confused.gif

I saved my tax refund for the Guardians, but it was only enough for all five. I'm trying to save $25 a check, and if I can, I'll have enough for Thanos come January, and I'm hoping my next tax refund comes before Wanda drops.

I have a bunch of stuff I'm going to eBay as soon as I get my new computer set up (which I had to take a loan out of my 401k to get, but I'm trying to make a business out of my artwork, and having a computer will greatly help), but if Maria drops next week, I'll never be able to get her. sad.png

Maybe if my sh***y, f***ing job would pay me more, considering I've been here 8 years, none of this (car, Hill) would be an issue. dry.png

Not that anyone cares about my sob story. confused.gif

c1aaf2da334d6b4be167f0119ed85d77.jpg

I've been with my company for 12 years, but haven't gotten a raise in 8. Meanwhile, my company's CEO cashes in millions of stock options a month and just bought 5 80" LED tv's for a convention....which are being stored right next to my co-worker's desk who also hasn't gotten a raise in 8+ years.

Stay classy, corporate America.