UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they do. I can't believe SSC waited too long to re-release those. Now, their chance is gone, because I don't think people would accept an SSC version at this point.

Maybe after the HT versions sell out and go for $300 a piece on the secondary market.

Edited by karamazov80

Yeah, they do. I can't believe SSC waited too long to re-release those. Now, their chance is gone, because I don't think people would accept an SSC version at this point.

Maybe after the HT versions sell out and go for $300 a piece on the secondary market.

I agree. Also, the SSC Stormtroopers are not all that bad. The "eyes" were a little off, the helmets was a tad off and the armor could have used a shine, but they were not a bad first attempt at $90 a figure. I still have one of the three I owned.

My set of two troopers is on PO with SSC. I am nearly sure I will get more, but am trying a little patience for now. Room is becoming an issue again. The Stormtrooper has always been a favorite movie character of mine. I anxiously awat the HT Sandtroopers, but will not get rid of the four SSC Sandies I already own.

20150114_183741_zpse2naoqq3-1.jpg

Nice setup!

I only had one of the Sideshow Stormtroopers, but he got sold with most of my other Sideshow 1/6 a few years ago.

I'm curious to see how Hot Toys handles the weathering of the Sandtroopers. Hopefully we'll get another two-pack with alternate parts to customize them up a little (including multiple pauldrons of various colors.)

Real funny K80. devil.gif

Yeah, the print is art done by Mark Englert and he tends to do odd sized works, usually very wide or tall landscapes. It took a little hunting down since it was a fairly limited print in this style and framing is never cheap, but I got it specifically to go where it is. His prints also tend to have little Easter eggs. In this print, if you hold a light to it for a minute and then turn out the lights, a GID image of Jedi Luke with Pappa Vader on the funeral pyre at Endor, glows brightly.

Hulkbuster is up for pre-order--$825.

I would make fun of this, except I've paid more for less in some ways, and will continue to do so, so. . .

Outrageous. Apparently he is less than $700 in Asia. Seriously, it just doesn't make sense in any way.

Outrageous price. These characters have different levels of appeal to everyone, so its not right for me to say that the price is too high in general, but I think it is for me. Obviously, people will pay it. However, if I was to buy one of these, I would buy from the Asia market and save some money.

As far as I'm concerned, the HB price is only so high because HT/SS know they can charge whatever they want for an Iron Man and people will pay it. Hulk and Ultron are both less than half the cost. I can't possibly see how this figure could warrant a $450 difference.

It's going to be massive, of course. 21" high, and not far from that in width. Much bigger than Hulk even, who is already huge. And think of all the new tooling that goes into something like this. At least some of their regular Iron Men can share parts and have the same basic engineering system, but you can't really re-use this mold for anything else, so there's no longer term return on the investment (same goes for Ultron of course). Plus, all the gimmicky light-up stuff. I think HT is making money hand over fist, don't get me wrong, but I can understand the rationale for the prices they charge. In my opinion, a human using a standard, existing body with basic clothes going for $200 or so is just about equally outrageous, but we've become accustomed to paying it.

Outrageous price. These characters have different levels of appeal to everyone, so its not right for me to say that the price is too high in general, but I think it is for me. Obviously, people will pay it. However, if I was to buy one of these, I would buy from the Asia market and save some money.

Only problem there is that the price in Asia isn't what folks abroad get to pay. Everyone who lists those for sale on eBay adds in a huge markup, to the point where it isn't a much better deal (and usually costs more) than shipping directly from SSC. And I imagine this beast will cost a small fortune just to ship! Edited by karamazov80

Me, either. I'll shell out the cost for the Delorean, and would do the same in a heartbeat for a 1/6 scale Ecto-1, but I'm not sure I could ever justify paying that much for any other Hot Toys product.

I don't want to sound like I'm on Chan's payroll (Howard, if you're reading this--I'm open to that possibility!), but the Galactus Maquette doesn't have all these intricate moving parts. That's a whole extra level of costs to consider.