UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The halo line is not reimagined like marvel,that's true.I just brought up that example to show that they can make something faithfull to the source.Now their "reimagining" could add a thing or two to the costumes but for the most part i want to believe tthat they'll stay true to each character's distinctive characteristics.

To those that have Bespin Luke which do you like better reg or battle damaged Luke? I really like both but contemplating getting rid of one. Just curious what u all think.

I think the BD Luke is more accurate looking to Hamill at that time. Frankly, the "clean" sculpt doesn't look all that much like him to me. But it's whatever you prefer. You could make more money selling off the clean version, because folks were buying up that head left and right for bashes of Luke from different movies.

Anybody here have firsthand experience with Medicom's RAH Jack Shephard from LOST?

No, but I've had firsthand experience with other RAH figures, and in general they were underwhelming. An exception was Kaneda from Akira, but their real humans don't do too much for me. Simplistic paint apps, thin unrealistic proportions, cheap clothing. If you can get one for $75 or less then it might be worth getting though.

Ugh, Kaneda (and his bike) is another one I desperately want. Secondary market prices are not kind on these things.

And I guess I just meant QC.

All the pictures I've seen of Jack makes me want him.

But I don't like spending $10 on something that could break or fall apart.

Let alone as much as these things are.

Don't know if anyone here is into the Rainman stuff, but last night the Vincent Vega head/outfit set went up, and it was the most stressful online ordering experience I've had. The site wouldn't let me check out due to a credit Rainman applied to my account, and I was freaking out. It came down to 3 of these being left in stock, and 2 of the people who wanted these (me and a buddy of mine on SSF) couldn't check out. Then it went down to 2, and we still couldn't do it! Then another boardie posted that he had a similar problem and knew how to fix it, at which point my friend checked out. . .and then I did, getting the very last set available. Crazy. I'm really excited about this figure, so glad it worked out, but my wife was looking at me like I was nuts when it was all over, as I was trying everything I could to check out, cursing at the computer, etc. laugh.png

Glad you go in under the wire K80. Sounds like me ordering from Gentle Giant years ago. A horrible story with no happy ending. My poor computer got called everything in the book and it was not the PCs fault. I felt bad...

Tenime, regarding RAH, they seem hit or miss to me. My biggest complaint about Medicom is the scale. It is supposed to be 1/6th scale, but is all over the place. In general, too small for true 1/6th. I have heard a lot about joint breakage, but have never had the problem myself. If scale does not matter to you, they are probably great otherwise. In 1/6th, I collect mostly Star Wars Clones and Troops. The Medicom stuff is short (and kinda skinny) compared to the Sideshow stuff, so I stay away.

I couldn't resist any longer and bought the Medicom Hush Batman. Looks much better in box then in hand sadly. Buck is very slim, costume isn't cut quite right - pulls out of boots and gloves when posing. The cape is really well done, so not a total loss for $135.

The full figure was $820 (edition size of 35). The option I chose--painted head, outfit, and accessories (missing a book accessory and the dork clothes)--was $450 (20 of those were made). He's doing Jules next, and then Mia and probably Jack Rabbit Slim's Vincent.

Edited by karamazov80