UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

Here's my current set up. I have plastic cases on order from my local plastics shop for the rest of my figures. Apologies for the crappy cell phone pic .

That's an awesome looking collection, man! Are you planning on getting all of the Avengers figures? I think I'm going to end up with everyone except Fury. Really wish I'd had the money for him when he was released.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my current set up. I have plastic cases on order from my local plastics shop for the rest of my figures. Apologies for the crappy cell phone pic .

That's an awesome looking collection, man! Are you planning on getting all of the Avengers figures? I think I'm going to end up with everyone except Fury. Really wish I'd had the money for him when he was released.

Yeah, I want all the Avengers. I just bought the Fury and Widow Tuesday and my LCS emailed me to let me now that Thor was in on weds but the wife gave me the look of death when I told her, so I may have to wait a little while to pick up Thor, LOL. I have Mark VII on Pre-order ,as well as the Hulk. I need to sell some of my other collections before I bring any more Hot Toys home or I think my wife will beat me over the head with Black Widow.

Rumors are that it MIGHT be part of Hot Toys new DIECAST series, so who knows what those will be priced at. They just showed Iron Patriot, which is the first MMS-D designated diecast figure, but there will be a Mark 42 diecast as well.

Here is the info from One Sixth Republic:

The Iron Man 3 movie has become the talk of the town just one month before movie
launches. Specialized in highly detailed and movie-accurate Iron Man collectible
figures and established an indivisible relationship with Iron Man since the
first Iron Man movie, Hot Toys is proud to present the brand-new character – the
Protector of Liberty which is well fortified of military strength and
technological superiority – the 1/6th scale Iron Patriot Limited Edition
Collectible Figurine from the Iron Man 3 movie from the MMS Diecast Series.

Leading the MMS Diecast Series is the iconic Iron Man 3 Series, in which
the collectible figures are made of diecast material, specially designed to look
more closed to the realistic Iron Man characters in the movie. The MMS Diecast
Series will bring fans to the next level of authenticity, focusing on the
materials, fine details and engineering of the Iron Man collectible figures,
while some of the parts can be shared between our MMS and Diorama Series for
displaying together in 1/6th scale. More collectibles from the Iron Man 3 will
be coming from the MMS Diecast Series!

The movie-accurate Iron Patriot
Collectible Figurine is highly detailed and fully deployed, specially crafted
based on the image of Don Cheadle as Iron Patriot in the movie.

Specifications

• Product CodeMMS195D01

• Product NameIron Patriot

• HeightApproximately 30 cm tall

• Points of Articulations36

• Special Featureshighly detailed head
    sculpt, metallic red, white and blue star spangled armor, light-up functions and
    rotatable machine gun

• ArtistsHead Sculpted by
    Kojun
    Head Painted by JC. Hong
    Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

The 1/6th scale Iron Patriot Limited Edition Collectible
Figurine specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness
of Don Cheadle as Iron Patriot in the Iron Man 3 movie
- Head sculpt with
helmet with authentic likeness of Don Cheadle as Iron Patriot in the movie
-
Alternate helmeted head with light-up function
- Approximately 30 cm tall

- Over 36 points of articulations
- Contains diecast material
-
Metallic red, white and blue star spangled armor
- LED-lighted eyes and RT on
chest (white light, battery operated)
- Three (3) pairs of interchangeable
palms including:
One (1) pair with improved articulations, movable fingers
and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
One (1) pair of open
palms with light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated) One (1) pair of
fists
Weapon:
- One (1) rotatable machine gun at the back

Accessory:
- LED light-up figure stand with Iron Patriot nameplate
and movie logo (white light, battery operated)

Artists:
- Head
Sculpted by Kojun
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC.
Hong

599618_10151329018667344_838181625_n.jpg

PD13639347384St.jpg?1363934685847

I like the Iron Patriot design, and I like the look of the figure a lot, but I'm skeptical about the die cast line. I know the price is gonna be high, and after my experiences with the Cap shield, I'm uncertain of how well the paint will hold up over time.

I think I'll just wait it out and hope that HT does a regular MMS version as well.

Diecast is a cool gimmick but not necessary with the Hot Toys , especially if its just going to raise the $$ . I am with the rest of y'all, I will wait until HT does a regular version of Iron Patriot. For me Iron Patriot is a must have.

I agree that the die cast is unnecessary. You can get a great look from painted plastic, as evidenced by previous Iron Man releases. Price actually isn't too too bad considering that HT figures are now already getting to the $300 level without that kind of fancy gimmick. But yeah, he'll probably be harder to pose, and honestly I'm not sure he will even look as good, much less better than previous releases. Whiplash looks nice, but the character was only on the screen for a few minutes, and I'm completely Iron Man'd out as it is, so I'll not go there no matter what kind of release it is.

BBTS already sold out of their preorders for Iron Patriot, I guess the die cast/price isn't scaring people away. BBTS selling out probably has more to do with people wanting to be able to cancel without a cancellation fee or losing a NRD like they would with Sideshow.

I had a bunch of Sideshow Rewards points saved up, so I knocked $100 off the price and pre-ordered. I'm excited about the prospect of diecast figures, and I've been going back and forth on ordering that Bandai C-3PO...

I'm a bit worried about the price for Iron Whiplash though, that is a must-have for my collection.

Someone over at SS Freaks posted a custom they made by using the HT jointless Chris Redfield body with the Head sculpt and costume without sleeves from this new Thor, it looks fantastic. The only issue might be the rubber cracking in the future that so many have had issues with.

I'm happy with my sleeved version though.