UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you dare get my hopes up with such a thing, YB. . .though to be honest, I don't think a Medicom Simon Belmont would be very desirable to me. Would walk over hot coals to get a Hot Toys version though, particularly if he was paired with Dracula.

Simon Belmont

Arthur (Ghosts N Goblins)

Mega Man

Dirk the Daring

Samus

They all needs to happen. Would also love Bionic Commando, Street Fighter guys, and of course, the Mario Brothers.

Edited by karamazov80

Yeah, Castlevania is my all-time favorite franchise and I still own every game released in the series.

So, Hot Toys Captain America shield, not sure if you guys have seen the paint chipping that a lot of SSF people are reporting, but here is the worst case I have seen:

1626_10100955977525226_17395922_n.jpg

People have started clear coating the shields.

Here is a shield that was clear-coated with Semi-Gloss:

20130214_234955_zpsaf66cd6c.jpg

Here is a shield that was coated with Testor's Dull Coat:

p1060610.jpg

Here's a link to the Sideshow Freaks thread if you want to read more about it.

I need to get around to clear coating my Avengers Cap's shield before it starts to chip. My First Avenger Cap's shield has already lost the battle unfortunately...

Can you please post a picture when you have a moment?

Is the paint chipping on Caps shield just a problem with first avenger Cap? Or is it a problem with Avengers Cap also?scary!

So far, I think just the First Avenger Cap's shield, but that is most likely due to the age of the release. Not sure if we'll see this with Avengers Cap, but I don't think I want to take the risk.

Link is the kind of character that Medicom does better than anyone (as long as scale is not your selling point). They seem to have a talent for turning unusual animated characters into well done 1/6th scale figures.

The issues with Cap's shield is terrible.

I need to get around to clear coating my Avengers Cap's shield before it starts to chip. My First Avenger Cap's shield has already lost the battle unfortunately...

Can you please post a picture when you have a moment?

Of the First Avenger shield? Sure thing. It's currenttly back in the box, but I'll dig it out when I get home this evening. I honestly haven't looked at it in a few months, so I'm not sure how bad it was. It certainly wasn't as far gone as the one posted above.

I've barely handled it at all. It was on the shelf for several months, and when I took Cap back down to take some shots with Rescue Cap, I noticed a few flakes on the red. Over the course of a few months, it just slowly got worse and worse, so when Avengers Cap arrived, I gave FA Cap the battle-damaged shield and put the old one back in the box. Just taking it out for the photo, some of the paint flaked off a little. It sucks that it has this issue, because it's an awesome figure otherwise.

Well, those are the only two I have, so I don't have much to compare to, lol.

I love her. I'm really digging the rubber (or whatever it is) skin. Subtle veins and musculature, and when the arms are bent, it creases the way human skin would (or at least mine did when I was comparing the two, lol).

And not to sound like a pervert, but I love that her breasts are articulated. Individually. That is realism I didn't expect with these dolls. Though, for the price, maybe I should have, lol.

She's amazing, and I can't wait for the rest that I have on preorder. If Mark VII Iron Man wasn't due out so soon (just give me a month, lol), I'd love to get him.

Cool, thanks for sharing. I've had special edition Warmachine for awhile, then bought rescue Cap. I thought I was done. Then my LCS started getting in Hot Toys and selling them at retail plus giving a 10% discount when I buy 2 at a time! Now I'm hooked and have bought 4 more in the last 2 months.