UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

Black Widow will be here Thursday!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Anyway, I get what you mean Glantern. It's that Zack Snyder style, washed out blues with a splash of single-color bright contrast (Watchmen: yellow, 300: red/white) and i'm sure he'll weasel in some slow motion. Combine that with the Nolan grit and it makes for a VERY bizarre Superman take. I'm guessing you'd want like an All-Star approach to the colors almost??

I like Snyder and his work...but i do wish the studio reigned him in on his personal style a bit more. That said, the film looks absolutely beautiful; it's like how Skyfall was a good Bond flick, but an absolutely gorgeous film overall. I have confidence in the movie, completely, but i do agree with those style choices.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, something that looked like all star would be cool with me. Though I quite like the 1979 Superman movie, so any Superman kinda has to top that one in my opinion.

I like Snyder overall, I just feel he would be more suited to a Batman movie.

My mom's a really big fan of Christopher Reeve, so I bought her the Hot Toys figure for her birthday when it came out. It really is a great figure. I feel the likeness is one of the best they've ever done.

Moving on, my Black Widow also arrives tomorrow. With Thor shipping near the end of the month, I'm set to have a fairly nice Avengers set up soon. All I'll be missing is Hulk(who I'm still on the fence about) and a proper Iron Man(I just have a Mech Test Tony currently)

I was in Hong Kong last week. What a fantastic place, and so good for toys. It was like a dream come true.

Karamazov80s put some photos on here way back in August 2011, and it started me on a quest to get a How2Work Mickey Mouse. I saw a couple on eBay that went for bug bucks, and had resigned myself to never having one. But I visited Superman Toys on my last day before flying home, and there he was! I honestly can't believe I found one in the wild! He is brilliant, and will look great on display.

So my 1/6 collection has now doubled! I fear I may be hooked. Bane and Bats may follow shortly.

post-2082-0-92498800-1363204600_thumb.jp

post-2082-0-41564800-1363204633_thumb.jp

Edited by UK Collector

Congrats on that. That Mickey is very cool, though I sold my figure awhile back. Collecting pricey figures means making hard decisions.

I can imagine, not to mention the space element involved. I started collecting minis because they were a 'space saver'. 10 large plastic storage tubs later and I'm wondering where I can keep them all. 4 or 5 of these things and ill be in trouble. My Reeves Superman is beautiful, and the packaging is a work of art....but it's huge!

Congrats on the pick up!

...she has rooted hair).

I just can't go there, and Hot Toys knows it, so they do this kind of thing just to mess with me. Hell, they even lied saying she wouldn't have rooted hair first just to build up false hopes! Damn them.

It really surprised me that HT did not do both versions of a Widow head. I think most people would have paid a little extra for molded and rooted hair heads.

Seems rooted hair is becoming the standard for female characters. Too bad because I already have too few females in my collection (. . .I think HT Ripley is the only one!), and that just means more gender inequality on my shelves :(

Will have Iminime Alien Ripley soon, though buttrock.gif

FYI, to anyone that has a Hot Toys Iron Monger, people on SSF are reporting hairline cracks on the hip joints, and I found them on mine as well.

Other than for taking a few pix, mine has been stored in the shipper since release, so mine weren't caused by the weight of standing upright.

The new 'leaky abs' for Hot Toys?

Too bad because I already have too few females in my collection (. . .I think HT Ripley is the only one!), and that just means more gender inequality on my shelves sad.png

I actually plan to have the reverse.

I've got Widow, Ada Wong & Storm Shadow on preorder, Hawkeye in hand, and Abigail Whistler on the way (thankfully, I scored a nicely priced one right before my new-to-me car needed $700 in repairs the day after I bought it <_<).

That's 2 dudes and 3 chicks.

And I've been eyeballing the Sucker Punch girls (I'd probably already have them if it weren't for the aforementioned car bullsh** <_< - I swear to god, the old woman that destroyed my last car pretty much destroyed my life [not because I can't, god forbid, buy really expensive dolls rolleyes.gif - the emotional and financial stress I've dealt with over the past 2 months because of the accident has been ridiculous - the toys I have gotten have kept me from losing my frakking sh**]). If they make Blondie, I'm in trouble, even if I never end up getting the other two. :lol:

Will those hairline cracks ruin the figure in some way (like, not allow him to stand)? Or is it just a minor aesthetic thing?

Right now it is just an aesthetic issue, but who knows if they will grow. I'm waiting to see what others say on SSF before i do anything. People are posting on HT's Facebook page hoping for a formal response, but i doubt they'll do anything.

Got Widow today, she is awesome! Hands down better than the IM 2 version.

Good luck getting HT to respond. I was one of the victims of DX leaky abs, and it took a great deal of bitching/complaining to get any response.

If they make Blondie, I'm in trouble, even if I never end up getting the other two. laugh.png

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119856

KUIWe4h.jpg

Sorry to hear of all your troubles though Tenime.

Oh, um, I couldn't sit through that movie for very long so I didn't realize. Apologies sweat.gif

The Batman DX-02 figure's abs were made of a material that chemically interacted with the rubber undersuit. At first, this made the abs shiny and wet, looking like the abs were leaking. Eventually, this led to chemical degradation of the suit. Mine looked like Batman was attacked with acid from an Alien. Something similar happened with the Comedian figure. HT fixed the issue (apparently) for later batches of the Batman figure, and sent out replacements to a handful of lucky collectors (self included). Comedian issue was left unresolved. It's probably the biggest QC problem HT had so far given the fact that it was systematic--happened with apparently every first batch Batman--and due to the fact that there were so many collectors who owned the thing. They also had an issue with crap rubber tearing going back to their earliest days with Rambo figures and the ED-209. For the most part, they seem to have moved away from rubber altogether at this point, and now release figures with cloth or a PVC material that seems more durable.

Not that I am aware of, apart from his having a really crappy tie. Couple years back GoHastings was selling Two Faces for $50 a pop. Wish I would have stocked up on those laugh.png I got mine for $80 probably a year after release. He was an extremely unpopular figure until the hype from Dark Knight Rises started building up and folks were trying to play catch-up.

Edited by karamazov80

Two Face was the 2nd Hot Toys figure I ever got, right after V1 Joker. I liked him a lot at the time, but he does look a bit dated now. He's a cool, if innacurate, figure. Hardly worth the insane amounts he's going for now though.

post-2133-0-65012000-1363372130_thumb.jp

Edited by Glantern

There's a guy named MonkeyRobotMaster on SSF who is selling a nice custom sculpt, and the outfit is bashable pretty easily, though the fire damage might be more difficult. Master 1/6 tailor Kato sells ties, though I'm afraid to see how much he charges for them (no doubt more than I've spent on all the 1:1 scale ties I've ever owned combined).

Edited by karamazov80