UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a minute. . .

I appreciate the offer, but you should just sell him on eBay to get maximum $$ If I don't find him at TA or Monkey Depot, then I'll just do without. Be nice to have, but I'm not gonna go crazy.

There are only 3 up for pre-order now, and none have heads. The TTM-19 is not being produced in this new run, and is long sold out nearly everywhere. Unfortunately, you may have to wait another year or so to get one at retail (whenever they re-release it), or buy a figure using one of those bodies. HT seems to do this to build up demand, similar to the way Disney does their DVD releases. I expect the TTM-19, narrow shoulder, and some other body to be released in the next round.

Ebay has a few. They're pricier but not too bad. Gives me time to consider, anyway. Just a matter of waiting for Triad to go back up for clothes as well.

Seems like we already talked about it, so apologies if I'm a broken record, but I would really try buying one of the knock-off Truetypes if that is all you need. You can get one for $20 shipped and I suspect the knee will be compatible.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a27c8c368

Even though it is cheaply made relative to HT, it should do the job. And you can probably offload the remaining parts for $10-15 anyway (heck, I would pay $5 for the feet and ankle pegs).

Yeah we did discuss this awhile back. Back then I searched for Truetype bodies and didn't see any in the price range I was looking to spend. I didn't even think to search for knockoffs. Thanks for the link!

Also while we are on the topic do you guys have tips for getting the knee joint off the lower and upper legs? I can't get the thing to budge.

My DX 12 arrived today. I was crazy busy with work, so I haven't had much time to enjoy him yet, but I did set him up with my Two-Face and Joker. This is my first DX and my first batman. some of the pictures I'd seen freaked me out a little, with the various issuses associated with the figure, but in hand he's awesome!

post-2133-0-76683700-1357624270_thumb.jp

Just ordered Boba Fett off Hastings... My first ever 1/6th figure so I am hoping all goes well :biggrin:

I think you'll like it. He needs a little futzing to make him great, but overall, its a very nice Boba in 1/6th. My biggest complaint is the wookie braids being some kind of thread instead of more like hair (doll hair), but most seem satisfied with it.

The 10th Doctor (David Tennant) by Big Chief is going up for order later this month, and I think he looks really good so far:

NbiMu.png

This one will be exclusively sold through the BC web site - Diamond isn't distributing this one. It is a limited edition of 1000 and will sell for $229 plus shipping. He is among my favorite Doctors so I will be getting him for sure, even though the price is a little steep.

I signed up for the pre order.Luke,do you think there will be any 11ths left till easter?The 10th is my favourite so i'll buy him first (i'm aiming for the signature editition) but the 11th comes second (3rd eccleston,4th baker,5th pertwee) so i would like to have him too.

He is still in stock for retailers through Diamond, so I don't think finding him one after Easter will be a problem. I think we still have 2 left in stock.

Yeah I hope that after Baker they do Eccleston or Pertwee next. :)

According to your store you have 4 in stock.I hope at least one remains till easter.

I feel like if they did Dutch i'd buy that, which is odd because i like Arnold as the T-800 more, but i just can't get into the T-800 figures. Just didn't grasp him as perfect as i'd expect (say, Chris Reeve level). The DX's likeness surprised me by how generally off it looks.

Really itching for Black Widow to ship already. From all the past few weeks and Christmas and post-Christmas work i received an amazing check, and it's just waiting for her pre-order to ship. Still a little concerned about the hair though. Absolutely no reason her hair couldn't have been sculpted; i still think it would look better that way. It being shorter i'm not too worried about it unraveling, but it's gonna be in my mind when i pose her.

Clint eagerly awaits his partner!

Boba arrived today! The box was a tad beat up, but the figure appeared to be untouched, so all good there. Overall, I am very impressed. First 1/6th figure, success. :thumbsup: I can't stop posing him with all his different hands! I am really impressed with the quality and durability, and for what I paid, I really feel like I got my money's worth.

Now the difficult question.... who to buy next. :ohmy:

Just ordered Boba Fett off Hastings... My first ever 1/6th figure so I am hoping all goes well :biggrin:

I think you'll like it. He needs a little futzing to make him great, but overall, its a very nice Boba in 1/6th. My biggest complaint is the wookie braids being some kind of thread instead of more like hair (doll hair), but most seem satisfied with it.

The braids do look kinda cheap, but my main problem with them is they won't lay properly, and kind hover over him. Still, I absolutely love this figure.

Really itching for Black Widow to ship already. From all the past few weeks and Christmas and post-Christmas work i received an amazing check, and it's just waiting for her pre-order to ship. Still a little concerned about the hair though. Absolutely no reason her hair couldn't have been sculpted; i still think it would look better that way. It being shorter i'm not too worried about it unraveling, but it's gonna be in my mind when i pose her.

According to sideshow, Widow's not supposed to ship until February or March now. Which is a bummer, because I too was looking forward to standing her with Hawkeye and Cap pretty soon. Hopefully she's worth the extra wait.

I got Naked Snake from the Hastings sale yesterday. Looks great, but he's got a pretty major problem--he can't hardly be posed. You can move his head slightly, and move his elbows, shoulders, and knees a slight bit, but not much at all. He's actually a bit worse than DX-02 (which is probably the worst posing HT figure I ever had) because he can't even hold his arms straight down to his sides. Still, Snake from Metal Gear, one of the all time greatest video game characters. And at least the suit's not rubber. I was going to hold off on a future release, but realized I didn't want to take that gamble.

I also just got my Snyder-Man Hudson and Venkman painted up by Skiman, and can't wait to get them:

IMG_4139_zpsa8824f2c.jpg

IMG_4214_zpscab15632.jpg

Punisher, if you want something to really blow your socks off, try the DX Jack Sparrow.

I feel like if they did Dutch i'd buy that

They actually did a Dutch. He's a bit dated though. Smallish head, older rubber body that lacks articulation, somewhat ill-fitting shirt, molded shoes, etc.

Edited by karamazov80

Hmm, so they did. Not a bad likeness on him, either. But yea, not on that rubber body, noooooo way. Maybe he'll get a DX; not a big PERS fan but i'd likely buy it regardless.

And yea, speak of the Devil, Widow is March now. I'm gonna go cry, someone wake me up when she gets pushed to May. :rolleyes:

Oh, K80, are you getting The Boss or just Snake? Interested to see how her final product looks; figure she'll hang around for a while, she's one i'd like to buy when the time is right, being my fav MGS character and all. (If only she was Jungle Ops version. Sigh.)

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I'm not getting Boss. Maybe I would if the facial likeness was a bit better, but probably not even then. MGS 1 villains would tempt me, though. Particularly Psycho Mantis, Sniper Wolf, Ocelot, and of course, Liquid.

I'm not the biggest fan of Pirates either, Punisher, but that figure is probably the most impressive 1/6 scale piece I've seen. The Tech Noir T-800, Superman, and Keaton Batman figures are also incredibly impressive in their own ways, and are all available at or around retail price.

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...